Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by letsdothat View Post
    OK, Mr. 1% of the playerbase. I am not worried about you not being able to no-life this content. Obviously, you love this BS.

- - - Updated - - -

Dev in disguise detected.
    Funny how everyone who disagrees with your idiocy is either "Mr 1% of the playerbase", or a dev. Maybe, just maybe, if you have 2 hours per week to play games...MMOs just aren't for you.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Baisically time. You get 4 times the stuff done with flying than without. Farming. Getting to the entrance of instances.

And yes it was very good when it came out. But the moment you were able to fly, you could just jump over everything. Why kill mobs when i can fly to that Herb?

Why am i a hypocrite? You can disagree with my opinion that is your right but don't devalue mine.

With flying there is no need for an open world as you only interact with it in a minuscle way. It makes the world feel small. Look at classic. ( i don't play anymore, retail is more fun an i did it allready back in the day) In classic the world has a weight to it. At the beginning of an addon the zones have a certain feel to it. Whcih right now is just not given.

Don't get me wrong. If they manage to integrate flying into the game in a good way i am all for it. I like flying but I don't like what it does to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Stealth is a cancer that also breaks the game for exactly the same reasons flying does. Should stealth then be reworked/removed from the game?
    This is a really inane comparison. Stealth is a class tool kit -- toons that can stealth are balanced around that ability same as those that can heal.

So make it require honored. Revered is basically making casual players, i.e. the majority, hate their own game. I mean anyone with a brain knows that repetitive tasks that take a while to complete eventually would make anyone tired and burned out. This is true for anything in life, even the most beautiful girl walking naked in front of you every day for a month eventually stops turning you on.

anyone with a brain also knows this game has been build around doing repetitive things for over a decade now, heck even from the very beginning.

but i wouldn't feel to bad, the devs are giving more and more concessions each time. it takes 2-3 weeks to get revered now, used to be at least 3 weeks. there was a lot of non-WQ ways to get rep this time which usually also isn't the case.

but the biggest concession by a country mile is that they are letting you fly in nazjatar/mechagon while it's current content, which until now they have been pretty adamantly against.

so who knows, maybe next expansion itll be as easy as you want. (or maybe they will "learn the lessons classic taught us" and use that to limit flying again, you never know)

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem isn't flying or no flying exactly.

It's imposing no flying while designing zones to be convoluted, confusing, labyrintic messes.

No flying would be acceptable if zones were wide open. Basically anything until WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    The problem isn't flying or no flying exactly.

It's imposing no flying while designing zones to be convoluted, confusing, labyrintic messes.

No flying would be acceptable if zones were wide open. Basically anything until WoD
    This. After walking the 'wrong' way around a mountain for the umpteenth time I just quit playing until flying is patched back in. So now I'm back, except I can't fly yet because blizz decide I haven't played enough yet...

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Baisically time. You get 4 times the stuff done with flying than without. Farming. Getting to the entrance of instances.

And yes it was very good when it came out. But the moment you were able to fly, you could just jump over everything. Why kill mobs when i can fly to that Herb?

Why am i a hypocrite? You can disagree with my opinion that is your right but don't devalue mine.

With flying there is no need for an open world as you only interact with it in a minuscle way. It makes the world feel small. Look at classic. ( i don't play anymore, retail is more fun an i did it allready back in the day) In classic the world has a weight to it. At the beginning of an addon the zones have a certain feel to it. Whcih right now is just not given.

Don't get me wrong. If they manage to integrate flying into the game in a good way i am all for it. I like flying but I don't like what it does to the game.
    —noun

a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs

You claiming flying is bad while using it is the EXACT definition of hypocrite. Every reason you cited for flying in no way, shape, or form makes you more competitive. You are the person who should be on a ground mount, but by your own words you fly.

IE-hypocrite

As for your opinion being devalued. Did you really think coming in here and showing (with your own words in your own posts) your hypocrisy towards flying made your point valid to begin with? I’m not the openly blaming one feature of the game while also openly using that same feature. You are sir.

Nothing like this exists in the ENTIRE history of gaming outside of WoW retail. Someone had to do it I guess. Well, you succeeded Blizz, you drove away players also faster than any game in the ENTIRE history of gaming.
    WoW is one of the only game that have stood the test of time for so long and still hold a strong fanbase... You are taking a game that's probably among the last ones on that list.
    Regardless if you hate the game or like it the fact remains it has been here for 15 years and still going on strong with no end in sight except peoples own predictions, which have always been false. The game has been dying since they opened the first server back in 2004...alas, here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by grettin View Post
    This. After walking the 'wrong' way around a mountain for the umpteenth time I just quit playing until flying is patched back in. So now I'm back, except I can't fly yet because blizz decide I haven't played enough yet...
    Look dude, I hate Pathfinder just as much as the next schmuck but let's not pretend that Blizzard doesn't spell out how you obtain flying beforehand. In fact, it rolled out almost identically to Legion with this expansion so if you somehow missed that memo that really isn't on Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Becuase you are meant to earn it. Pathfinder is okay, have people get the basics of the expansion but not in multiple parts. Making things take a little more than just pay gold over also means chance of more money on the business side of it all.
    People had to earn the gold to pay for it. Now they just make you earn it for longer because it buffs their investor stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Funny how everyone who disagrees with your idiocy is either "Mr 1% of the playerbase", or a dev. Maybe, just maybe, if you have 2 hours per week to play games...MMOs just aren't for you.
    Honestly tho, that's cause you never know when someone that is answering to you will just have the purpose of being a jerk. imo. When you make a thread, and by my own experience, it's like people just come here to bash the OP's ideas and contradict everything you say by vomiting everything wrong in their life into answering on a forum's thread when they don't agree with what the OP says on the first post.

I think it's the defensive mechanism of the OP.

No one can either just command other's time, not even themselves sometimes, either to play games or living their lifes outside computers and if you like a game and don't have time to play it, it's not really their fault. And as him there's way more people like this, i myself love the game, don't like the expansion, hate pathfinders i don't mind doing them tho, but still doesn't mean i can't hate them, they could be different as i said, being first part a storyline then the reps, or could even just be ONE REP, all this started in WoD. which is just 2nd expansion before the current and we were used to have flying differently before wod and the ones that hated pathfinder now need to deal with it every single expansion. I also work like a bish everyday and sometimes i am too tired to play it after work, my whole brain and body falls into sleep. Can't barely click "entering world" on character window.

MMO's are for everyone. Having time isn't for everyone. But this pathfinders give enough time to reach the damn exalted on pathfinder 1, and pathfinder 2 wasn't that bad either, since you could do dailies and they offered alot of rep with the darkmoon faire buff, was just so fast even i working my ass all day, could get it in a week.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-10-07 at 04:45 PM.

I only see it as a perk for wrapping things up and for the quality of life of leveling alt characters, nowadays.

It's a total travesty what they did to flying overall and, mainly looking back at WotLK, the developer community should be ashamed of themselves of being unable to interweave flying into current content.

Here's hoping activision puts someone else in charge of things that revert back to wotlk standards. Purchasable from a trainer at max level for a decent price. But also give the option for pathfinder if anyone wants to do it.

I'm curious as to what the community thinks about Classic and it's impact on the discussion around flying. Classic as been hailed as this great returning to the roots of the game, and that the incredible amount of travel time adds to the game in a positive way. So, my question is, if Blizzard did something along the idea of Classic+, should flying be added to the game? Lets say, for the sake of staying focused on the discussion, that Classic+ is it's own server and Classic stays as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    I'm curious as to what the community thinks about Classic and it's impact on the discussion around flying. Classic as been hailed as this great returning to the roots of the game, and that the incredible amount of travel time adds to the game in a positive way. So, my question is, if Blizzard did something along the idea of Classic+, should flying be added to the game? Lets say, for the sake of staying focused on the discussion, that Classic+ is it's own server and Classic stays as it is.
    People often seem to forget that classic is suppose to be a copy of vanilla, so no, adding flying is not in their plans ever. And also we talking about a game that lasted for 15 years and time changed, and the original had little to nothing to compare, not even achievements and pathfinders.

Also reminding you that mods in general hate the game vs game discussion on general discussion section. Please don't start another game vs game, situation.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    —noun

a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs

You claiming flying is bad while using it is the EXACT definition of hypocrite. Every reason you cited for flying in no way, shape, or form makes you more competitive. You are the person who should be on a ground mount, but by your own words you fly.

IE-hypocrite

As for your opinion being devalued. Did you really think coming in here and showing (with your own words in your own posts) your hypocrisy towards flying made your point valid to begin with? I’m not the openly blaming one feature of the game while also openly using that same feature. You are sir.
    Ah sure. I gave you a reason why i fly. And i even said i like it. But suuuure. Pick what you want. And ignore what i say. It is an MMO if everyone is flying and i am not it just does the same is said earlier. But i don't feel like arguing with you anymore.

Feels like you just made your mind with no place to wiggle anymore. But just so you know: Blizz will never make flying instant at max level again unless it is working with the content.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Ah sure. I gave you a reason why i fly. And i even said i like it. But suuuure. Pick what you want. And ignore what i say. It is an MMO if everyone is flying and i am not it just does the same is said earlier. But i don't feel like arguing with you anymore.

Feels like you just made your mind with no place to wiggle anymore. But just so you know: Blizz will never make flying instant at max level again unless it is working with the content.
    The reason you gave for flying is what’s wrong here. I didn’t give it, you did. This is not cherry picking when you said it. Very simply, I disproved you’re point as hypocritical and you don’t want to accept it. I cannot help that you came ill prepared to engage in this discussion. I am more than willing to listen to a valid point. So far you haven’t made one.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    True. Invisibility is what mages should have only, but instead rogues have total pure invisibility and all the time! Damnit. I mean a mage can cast a invisibility spell and can only be in invisible for 3 seconds.
    And has a "build up time" unless speced arcane, has a long cooldown, and doesn't give you even more powerful abilities as you come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    People often seem to forget that classic is suppose to be a copy of vanilla, so no, adding flying is not in their plans ever. And also we talking about a game that lasted for 15 years and time changed, and the original had little to nothing to compare, not even achievements and pathfinders.

Also reminding you that mods in general hate the game vs game discussion on general discussion section. Please don't start another game vs game, situation.
    I'm not entirely sure you read what I wrote. I'm asking on the hypothetical, if Blizzard were to do Classic+ as it's own server separate from Classic, should flying be included in that design? This isn't BfA versus Classic, nor is it me implying that flying should be added to Classic. I wouldn't want to change Classic from what it is now.

I quit several times and even when I reactivated, I played once, or twice max per week, no longer than 1 hour a day and couldn't stand looking at the same zone anymore.
    If that was the case flying wouldn't have helped you. Your problem is with the game itself as a whole, not a single system.