10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    (re)branding 101: add something that they've seen before but with a different name

Though they're not even making the effort with the cloak
    Except the method of obtaining seems wholly original, but that doesn't matter because it occupies the same slot as another legendary (which after legion, is there even an unoccupied slot?). Wow the whining is strong here.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

So when are we going to get that Alpaca from the 8.1 files if they aren't the heritage mount for Vulpera?

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    So when are we going to get that Alpaca from the 8.1 files if they aren't the heritage mount for Vulpera?
    I don't know but I'm upset about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Has any wow patch ever been truly different?
    Is the implied lack of originality a counter to what I said?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it will be like the Bee mount for the horde?

7+ Year Old Account
    The content coming in 8.3 looks really damn good. Especially love the solo-to-5man progression scenario thing. Love the leggo cloak (didn't play MoP so never got one). The 2 new AR are good (Vulpera > Mechagnomes), I'm happy if we can make a fully robot Mechagnome. Raid ofc looks really good. LOVE AH revamp! Love the extra HoA upgrades!

Am intrigued by the talk about something better than TFing, that makes harder content rewards more meaningful. Should be a good Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

-introducing the new Blizzcon charity pet!-

JK

Wonder if their mount will be one of those sand scarab things then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    What are you genuinely expecting in a WoW content patch? If this is a bit meh, what is acceptable in your opinion?
    I've meant "meh" as in "it's okay, but I'm not really amazed", i.e. I'm not saying it's bad or "not acceptable", it just doesn't excite me as much as say 8.2 or 7.3 mainly due to the lack of a new zone/new dungeon, which for me personally is the content that I enjoy doing - but, as I've said, I'm reserving my judgement until we see what the Assaults/Visions actually are and if they're really cool, I'm open to changing my mind
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2019-10-07 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Wonder if their mount will be one of those sand scarab things then.
    It will be a Hyena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Is the implied lack of originality a counter to what I said?
    No, genuinely asking if a a patch had some truly new content that wasn't an (de)evolution of existing content. From what I know most of it has been just tweaks and interesting rewards (prime example IMO Mage Tower - just single player scenarios with a unique reward).

Rebranded content doesn't mean shit content.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The one thing I am certainly disappointed is that it was only two zones for the assaults. Would have loved at least Ulduar. I hope they take this chance to actually deliver some Uldum lore.
    They might end up adding more but it is interesting that they are attacking Titan facilities and as far as we know those are the two most prominent

What is interesting is when you watch the trailer and pay really close attention to stuff you can see some interesting changes

just watching The raid breakdown it makes me wonder if we are going to face the Naga Queen again or if it's going to be an assault-style raid boss where we have to protect her maybe she's betraying her boss maybe not you also add in the seeming twilight dragon boss working with a void minion that could be a council then you get the fight with a mogu that has been tainted by the void which is very very interesting because as far as I can tell the moku are still in a way servants of the Titans

then if you look at the background in the raid you can see these giant tentacles and if you look in the background of that picture that they post when they're posting the features you can see this gigantic creature with a ton of eyes and tons of tentacles and you figure that might be n'zoth

then if you look at the heart of azeroth when they do the new essence preview you can see that there are two new essences and the one new essence lot a long with a concordance buff it looks like and you have for concordance puffs at level 89 so the final unlock might be at level 85 or it might be at level 80 which is the possibility especially since you get the stamina buff before at level 70 so it also might be 75

there are a few other breakdowns that you can make during this such as the progression of the legendary cloak from old God themed to celestial themed

the new mythic dungeon affix will definitely be interesting because it is meant to help with some of the skips that people do and I imagine that it will be really useful and getting rid of the required rogue but it also has to play into how the new essences themselves will work

the new possible solo scenario does sound interesting but I imagine a party of mythic raiders is going to clear it within the first day no problem they play this stuff up like it's going to be super interesting and super difficult but in reality it's just a bit of a grind and knowing what to do

The cloak is possibly going to work in the raid but the mention about titanforging and how they can change it I'm hoping for the love of God that they just make it a currency system and don't do what I think they're going to do which is ADD random affixes

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    It will be a Hyena.
    Ooo that makes sense too

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostPanini View Post
    Maybe it will be like the Bee mount for the horde?
    Bee mount is somewhat-equivalent to Kua'fon (or what's the name)

God I hope Azshara isn't one of those 12 bosses.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    3.8 gb on the ptr damn

And the 8.3 PTR is available for download, time for the datamining to begin.

Hopefully anxious for the Mail armor to be datamined, though likely just in its tooltip form for now. Been burned too many times by it since WoD, but maybe this time we actually get something good.

Either that or Blizzcon will finally reveal Transmog restrictions being lifted so my hunter can actually transmog items from other classes that would actually look like somehting a hunter might wear. Like the bearskin mog from Antorus that druids got.

I just want to issue special condolences to @Marlamin who wanted a little time off, but obviously he's not getting any.

Shame on you, Blizzard, for torturing our favourite parrot!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    God I hope Azshara isn't one of those 12 bosses.
    Given that she is in the raid, looking remarkably similar to how Ashvane looked in Eternal palace i think it is a fair bet to say she is a boss. Don't mind her dying though, what i will be disappointed by is if N'zoth is actually killed, would be quite the way to undercut the threat level of the Old gods by having the smart one run headling ot his own demise less than 2 patches since he was released fully.

I just wonder how much is encrypted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    here we go
    And everything is encrypted