Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    We had to wait near a decade for KJ to come back. Any expasion boss so fair has been killed or put out of action for a long long time. If N'zoth survives he won't play a big role in 9.0
    Cant know about this yet without seeing the 8.3 finale cinematic.

N'Zoth does look a bit... big... for us to kill him just in one raid tier, though.

Maybe he even wants to get killed for whatever plan he has up his sleeve? I mean, he sure was locked up for a damn long time to mastermindtentacle some good plans up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    >For the first time, we're going to see an Old God, unleashed in their full might and dark fury.

Translattion: We will fight on top of his tentacles while he tries to shake us off
    I hope not. The rolls on Deathwing were not my favorite. Though it was more the dps check of the plates that really made me dislike the fight at the time.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    was really hoping for something other than mechagnomes, but i mean it was a foregone conclusion the moment we saw the model.

idk why they'd choose a side though. goblins aided them, and many of them liked the goblin style when building things.
    Same reason Horde got nightborne, only us get the cool races

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Sounds nice, but damn do they need to raise their cameras. Feels like their camera person is 3'5".

Also shouldn't Wrathion have a spear that we made for him in Pandaria as opposed to a sweet sword that should be a two hander and given to my warrior?
    Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i think Jaina has that spear, or absorbed it's power.

Quote Originally Posted by BuliwyfZRage View Post
    Cant know about this yet without seeing the 8.3 finale cinematic.

N'Zoth does look a bit... big... for us to kill him just in one raid tier, though.

Maybe he even wants to get killed for whatever plan he has up his sleeve? I mean, he sure was locked up for a damn long time to mastermindtentacle some good plans up.
    That would be my dream. Honestly Nzoth incorporates so many theme and aesthetics I enjoy. His easily my favourite wow villain. I just dont see that happening

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Very curious about this replacement to titanforging. Can't wait to argue about it
    he really didn't call it a replacement. it's more a rebranding. they probably found a psych study somewhere that says if you make the system even more perversely random it is even more addictive..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilnez View Post
    I was so fucking excited as well... until they said N'zoth is the last boss. I physically groaned so loud my coworker looked over at me.

How they could have us kill this character after just one patch is... is yuck. Killed my excitement 100 to 0 basically.
    Why not? Its like why let us kill Kil'jaeden after just one patch, where he was actually present in the game in Legion.

N'zoth have been a pressence for the entire expansion and it totally makes sense, that he is the some-what last boss for BFA. It would be a bad cock-block cliffhanger, if we merely just wounded him when we defeated the final boss of an expansion. It really does not really put a finish on the expansion.

I much more prefer, that we have a complete, fully focused, N'zoth patch, instead of another expansion, where we kill him halfway through just to go on and deal with Void Gods instead.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Ion, stop talking with your goddamn hands. Every. Single. Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Same reason Horde got nightborne, only us get the cool races
    i mean, the night elves were openly antagonistic towards the nightborne. tyrande didn't care to let nightborne die to spare her sentinels, and only cared about killing elisande and she straight up told thalyssra that.

the goblins are pretty buddy buddy with the mechagnomes here.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Nerds on MMO-C....

8.2.5 IS THE LAST PATCH WE WILL SEE IN BFA... I HAVE SOURCESESES!

A week later...

Here is 8.3, 12 boss, raid, where we fight N'Zoth.

Where you at nerds? lol
    I never saw anyone spamming threads about 8.2.5 and declaring it a fact.

But you can pretend they did if it makes you feel correct. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    he really didn't call it a replacement. it's more a rebranding. they probably found a psych study somewhere that says if you make the system even more perversely random it is even more addictive..
    Yeah, that's basically what I'm concerned about. I just want gear to be gear, so I'm not expecting to love the new system. I'd love to be surprised, though!

Doesn't sound like it's going to be in the initial PTR build since they're still talking about it, so I guess we'll have to wait to discuss the specifics. Hopefully soon so we can give some feedback.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    My personal pet peeve is i reel this whole Black Empire on the rise Nzoth freed should have been the subject of a whole expasion and not just a patch. They may be the prime villains but in mu opinion they didn't need to share double billing with a faction war.
    I get the thing with the Black Empire. I personally would have loved a continent focused around this old Empire, where we could get to see all the previous servants of the Old Gods find a name place in the world again, with zones of Mantid, Qiraj and so on. But then that would require something more than just N'zoth.

The thing with the Black Empire, is that it is the realm of the Old Gods, which we have already dealt with A LOT! Would we just ress C'thun, Yogg'Saraon and Yorsharj again? Would it not be boring just dealing with the same bad guys for an entire expansion? Also, if the Black Empire have been under the water this entire time, then there is not really room for us to find many allies in this dead desolate place.

I just think when it comes to a location for a new expansion, the idea of the Black Empire is both cool and problematic, especially when it comes to old themes. Cata did not go over well with its theme of Old Gods and the Twillight Hammer, so another expansion with that theme is just a bad idea proberly.

Edit: As you can see, im kinda split on the idea, but then again, i think we all have our expansion idea, which seems obvious. Like i personally would love to see a Wrathion focused expansion, with him leading a 3rd faction, with the content being focused around the conflicts, that occur with the rise of a new power
    Last edited by Flurryfang; 2019-10-07 at 08:06 PM.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I hope not. The rolls on Deathwing were not my favorite. Though it was more the dps check of the plates that really made me dislike the fight at the time.
    The dispel is what I disliked. If your healers fucked it up, you could be playing God tier perfect and you'd just randomly fucking wipe. Blergh, what a shitty fight.

It would be so cool if the Nyalotha raid sets up Nyalotha to be the 9.0 Hub. By the way, people, it being the raid does not exclude the shadowlands or Nyalotha as a location for an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I never saw anyone spamming threads about 8.2.5 and declaring it a fact.

But you can pretend they did if it makes you feel correct. Enjoy.
    I literally quoted a guy that said so, so feel free to check my post and remove yours afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    woot, end the expansion with yet another grind for gear that will be useless in 6 months... a cloak again?
    i couldnt be less excited...
    Welcome to every game that revolves around gear/loot that has ever released a patch ever

Alright guys , blizzard proved me wrong , this is truly MOP 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnez View Post
    Wow, I'm one of the last ones to hate on BFA but this is just about as fucking anti-climactic as we can possibly get.

You took a myth of incredible proportions (Ny'alotha) that you've been hyping for YEARS and turned it, not into a zone, but into a fucking raid? Better yet, we're going to legitimately and unironically kill a full power old god in his own nightmare? Like, is this for real? This could have been a whole fucking expansion easily. N'zoth was fucking hyped up as Arthas 2.0, I was so so SOOOO looking forward to an expansion where he teases and mocks us and we finally fight him at the end after weakening him all expansion.

Instead what? Instead we get to do single player content that will be trivialized through titanforging or whatever you're calling it now and we get to build a cloak that magically will let us kill a god? Give me a fucking break. As cool as this all sounds on paper, it gives me roughly 0 hope for the next expansion and is super fucking anti-climactic. Hate to say it but... just like the rest of the story of BFA.

No nuance, no intrigue. Just straight pipe rushed story content. Big fucking rip.

It's getting the fucking Argus treatment, feels fucking bad man.
    I agree, seems like a panic button move to pull back some people to retail from classic and hope they spend money on the never ending flow of cash grab micro transactions.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how I feel about this patch, on one and the lore stuff will probably be interesting, on the other the content just kinda reminds me of battle field barrens which doesn’t excite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a pretty boring patch. Think ill stay with Classic, which is a better version of WoW than retail anyway.