Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Using the wrong weaponry for how they look just makes it even worse to me. I've already explained the other skins don't bother me because the characters still look like themselves and not like some other person from a totally different world. These bother me in the back of my mind and I can not force it to feel otherwise. We are getting nowhere and will not agree on this, but that's okay so let's just stop going in circles. I'm happy for you that you're getting something nice and the majority appears to see things the same way you do, which was pretty much expected. Enjoy.
    Fair enough, on the bright side Blizzcon skins are usually rare enough that you won't encounter them all that often after the initial hype has worn off, idk how long it's been since I saw DH Sombra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    It’s like throwing children’s corpse at a kindergartens mass.
    Last edited by froschhure; 2019-10-02 at 02:46 PM. Reason: My grammar is awful

Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    They've already down warcraft crossover skins with DF and Zarya etc.

Why is this more of a problem.
    I actually used DF as an example in my first reply why I'm fine with that - his WoW skin is obviously inspired by Blackhand but it's still Doomfist and not the orc. Whereas Genji and Symmetra have actually been turned into these specific night elves rather than just taking inspiration from them. I wouldn't like to see Tracer running around in WoW either. But that's just me, I understand why most people love this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    Fair enough, on the bright side Blizzcon skins are usually rare enough that you won't encounter them all that often after the initial hype has worn off, idk how long it's been since I saw DH Sombra.
    That's true, though I suspect that this might have much stronger appeal than the previous skins - especially Illidan Genji. Guess we'll see how it goes.

The Sombra Demon Hunter (D3) skin from '18 was declared to become available in the game, too. I expect it to arrive either in normal boxes or possibly Christmas and/or Anniversary boxes after this BlizzCon.
    These new skins would likely be treated similarly.

when are the skins being released. i got the rest of the blizzcon rewards instantly but not got the overwatch skins yet

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    The Illidan skin looks weird in the screenshot, but Tyrande looks pretty good.
    his face looks like hes a female

- - - Updated - - -

while i would have prefered if they put those skins into the same basket as other blizzard themed overwatch skins (blackhand doomfist, magni torb...) and made blizzcon themed skins instead (blizzcon bastion), i am not mad at them, just dissapointed

This is about the setting and what fits, not game mechanics, and all that's always been part of the game - I did mention suspension of disbelief. WoW characters are part of entirely different franchise, they do not belong at all and go beyond the point where my SoD breaks. I even said references are cool but when it's the *actual* characters that are their own persons in their own world that's a bit much for me.
    you do realize there's already lots of other skins in game that reference other Blizzard franchises, yes? From like, over a year ago, at that.

lol

While they look cool I'm not entirely ok with this. I don't think actual characters should be brought into OW from other games - references like Blackhand Doomfist are neat, it's clearly inspired by Blackhand but it's still Doomfist and not the orc. This is severely immersion-breaking to the point where suspension of disbelief won't work anymore. Should keep this sort of thing just in HotS imo.

But guess that's just me.
    This is just good cosplay. Notice how Genji didn't bulk up?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    you do realize there's already lots of other skins in game that reference other Blizzard franchises, yes? From like, over a year ago, at that.

lol
    I have addressed that point in previous replies.

I have addressed that point in previous replies.
    So you're basically admitting to having a double standard just so you can whine and cry

got it

This is about the setting and what fits, not game mechanics, and all that's always been part of the game - I did mention suspension of disbelief. WoW characters are part of entirely different franchise, they do not belong at all and go beyond the point where my SoD breaks. I even said references are cool but when it's the *actual* characters that are their own persons in their own world that's a bit much for me.

I don't expect you to agree, and good for you since it won't bother you. But further pushing will be moot, this is how my mind works and that's it.
    Most of the Legendary skins in OW are already ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    So you're basically admitting to having a double standard just so you can whine and cry

got it
    No, there's a difference which I've explained in detail. But it's clear from your tone you're not even trying to see what I mean and just want to look down at someone so let's move on.