Page 2 of 146 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Agreed. I honestly hate the idea of tinkers being a class. Just not my style.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Nothing screams "mech-using technological race" quite like.... Vulpera?

What? Just because they look like Goblins don't mean they are a tinker race.
    The nearest I've been able to figure is that the Vulpera have a nomadic "gypsy" vibe. Irish "gypsies" were referred to as Tinkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    So, if the next xpac ends up being something like a world revamp, Tinkers could easily fit. Fingers crossed. After the alliance was shafted again with allied races (how are sethrak not the counterpart to vulpera?), Tinker class is a requirement if they want me to come back.
    That makes me sad too, while my distaste towards mechagnomes has dulled somewhat (weather that be from actually liking them more, or just enough time has passed for me to accept them as an eventuality, even I don't know.), I'm still Really sad we most likely will never get the Sethrak now. My one far flung hope is this just came to be because they intend to add dragonkin as a race at some point and wanted to save the reptilian spot for them.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    The nearest I've been able to figure is that the Vulpera have a nomadic "gypsy" vibe. Irish "gypsies" were referred to as Tinkers.
    Well that's the classic definition, a travelling merchant who sells trinkets and repairs small items. That's just a name that's been appropriated for a Goblin hero in WC3, as an April Fools joke. Kinda like how they introduced Deckard Cain as the 'Archivist' class for Diablo 3 April Fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The basis for the Tinker class is the WC3 hero. That's the same basis btw as the Demon Hunter, Death Knight, and Monk classes.

Concepts like the Bard don't have that basis btw.
    That's true, the basis for Tinker already exists, but we can't just base the release of content off existing heroes. If we did, there's a massive slew of other classes we have yet to get that have been present in the game, such as Necromancer, Battle Mage, Battle Priest, Shadow Archer, etc. the list could go on and on. It doesn't change how classes have been released, magically, just because of the existence of such power in past lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Wouldn't take much to make them in theme, just give us the line that Death beats void, and as it turns out tech beats death. We end up getting a System of Light<Dark<undead<Tech<Light or something.
    That sounds like an incredible stretch. Tech doesn't belong in the mix at all and would invalidate a rather high amount of the Warcraft lore dating from Warcraft I all the way through current WoW. While it is possible to be added, it couldn't possibly be put in with the elemental mix or it just breaks everything everywhere. The forces that make up all things are:

Light - Holy, The Naaru
    Order - Arcane, The Titans
    Life - Nature, Wild Gods
    Disorder - Fel, The Burning Legion
    Shadow - Void, Old Gods
    Death - Necromatic, Undead

Within the above consists the elements of: Spirit, Fire, Air, Decay, Earth, Water

Then there is Azeroth, which has two additional dimensions (rather, hidden by a veil) called Emerald Dream and Shadowlands.

Tech could exist, sure, but it already exists in the realm of existing elements. It couldn't be its own element.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    With the advent of Mechagnomes and Vulpera that would mean 2 Alliance and 2 Horde races that would additionally make sense to have as tinkers in addition to Goblins and Gnomes.

Warden would still be a better option though.

SOOOOOOO much better.
    You want Wardens, yet think Tinkers are a bad idea? Blimey...

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    There's apparently a new Dark Ranger in this patch too.

And Sylvanas in 8.2.5....

In short, nothing's confirmed nothing's denied see you in November.
    Whats his/her name ? Fingers crossed that the new class will be Dark Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Vulpera? Tinkers? What?
    People aren't able to differentiate between scavengers and people who build robots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    Agreed. I honestly hate the idea of tinkers being a class. Just not my style.
    Many could say the darker edgy classes aren't their type. Up to this point we already got 2 that fall in that category, and considering most if not all the other classes people are saying they want right now are things like dark ranger or necromancer, it would be fair to say the non edgy crowed has a better argument for something else. If we did get them instead of tinker/other we would end up with 3 of the 4 classes added being as the Dark/edgy fantasy types.

As for tinkers they do fill a role not currently in game and that's the non magic class making it work with the power of the mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    That's true, the basis for Tinker already exists, but we can't just base the release of content off existing heroes. If we did, there's a massive slew of other classes we have yet to get that have been present in the game, such as Necromancer, Battle Mage, Battle Priest, Shadow Archer, etc. the list could go on and on. It doesn't change how classes have been released, magically, just because of the existence of such power in past lore.
    Your list is an example why Blizzard has been so rigid with their classes.

Necromancers: Death Knights
    Battle Priests: Paladins
    Battle Mages: Enhance Shaman
    Shadow Archer: Dark Ranger

In short, much of what you describe is already in the game.

Such a lame class choice. Here’s hoping they don’t actually go through with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    People aren't able to differentiate between scavengers and people who build robots.
    In this case I think they are going of of the resourceful nature of the Vulpera, which I will grant isn't necessarily synonymous with technologically advanced, but hay if a bunch of tent dwelling orcs managed to advance past us in technology in the 5 or so years between where Garrosh got sent back to in WoD, and when we arive in Alt Dranor, I think the fox people can manage to adapt with the help of the goblins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember, Tinkerer is the epitome of bad class choice for the next expansion. Shadowlands is appearing most likely right now.

Wrath - Theme was Undead. Death Knights are new class.
    Mists - Theme was Panda. Monks were of that theme ("elevation").
    Legion - Demons were king. Demon Hunters were matching that theme.

Assuming the next expansion is shadowlands (or related to dark/shadow), how would someone possibly connect Tinkerer to that theme? Unless we have some mechanically-themed expansion, I highly doubt we should get Tinkerer. And that's completely putting aside the facts that all ideas of Tinkerer have been astronomically flawed and have no basis for them. If we're throwing random ideas out there, I'd much prefer Bard as I think it would be hella fun to play, but again, that doesn't match any kind of theme we're approaching.

There is the chance Blizzard goes off-theme, but that would definitely be unexpected.
    Shadowlands is not the only contender, since Dragon Isles were mentioned and 8.3 has no mention. It'd be nice if they introduced new classes in the next 2 expansions and break pattern. That way they cover all archetypes. Dragonsworn is another possibility, and likelier than Necromancer if the Dragon Isles are next, but Dragonsworn is kind of fan made.

In this case I think they are going of of the resourceful nature of the Vulpera, which I will grant isn't necessarily synonymous with technologically advanced, but hay if a bunch of tent dwelling orcs managed to advance past us in technology in the 5 or so years between where Garrosh got sent back to in WoD, and when we arive in Alt Dranor, I think the fox people can manage to adapt with the help of the goblins.
    Literally any race could "adapt with the help of the goblins". Vulpera are one of the least technological races in the game. You'd be better off going with undead, orcs, draenei, LFD, humans, dwarves, DI dwarves, Nightborne, Blood elves, etc.

Also what is the implication here? That Horde tinkers will be able to play Goblin or Vulpera and Alliance tinkers will be able to play Gnome.. or Gnome?

10+ Year Old Account

That sounds like an incredible stretch. Tech doesn't belong in the mix at all and would invalidate a rather high amount of the Warcraft lore dating from Warcraft I all the way through current WoW. While it is possible to be added, it couldn't possibly be put in with the elemental mix or it just breaks everything everywhere. The forces that make up all things are:

Light - Holy, The Naaru
    Order - Arcane, The Titans
    Life - Nature, Wild Gods
    Disorder - Fel, The Burning Legion
    Shadow - Void, Old Gods
    Death - Necromatic, Undead

Within the above consists the elements of: Spirit, Fire, Air, Decay, Earth, Water

Then there is Azeroth, which has two additional dimensions (rather, hidden by a veil) called Emerald Dream and Shadowlands.

Tech could exist, sure, but it already exists in the realm of existing elements. It couldn't be its own element.
    Not true at all, one can view much of the titans work as tech, or to not be hindered by the curse of flesh. It doesn't need to be it's own element per say but death means nothing to something which strictly speaking has no life. Order can be seen as the power of the mind in this circumstance

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Your list is an example why Blizzard has been so rigid with their classes.

Necromancers: Death Knights
    Battle Priests: Paladins
    Battle Mages: Enhance Shaman
    Shadow Archer: Dark Ranger

In short, much of what you describe is already in the game.
    Is could easily be argued that we don't have any of those classes, or they were misclassified in your post. Necromancers are more likely to be Warlocks, for example. Battle Priests could be Paladin, for sure, I'll give that one to you. Battle Mage is definitely not Enhance Shaman, as Nature magic is considered completely different from other forms of magic, at least according to lore. That's why Shamans aren't referred to as mages. Battle mage would be more like a Mage but has at least 1 (or 2/3) specs revolving around fire/ice/arcane being used in physical attacks. Could be Fire for Melee Mage, Ice for Tank Mage, Time for Healing Mage, idk. Shadow Archer/Dark Ranger is a class totally absent from the game right now, something that could easily fit the next expansion theme.

Regardless, Tinker falls into the same category as other class ideas. It's random speculation with no basis. That's not to say it couldn't happen, but again, Blizzard would be going completely off course for it, and that's skipping over the idea that there is no good design ideas for Tinker that anyone has posted yet. A Tinker class would, also, have to remove the Engineering profession as 95% of that profession is now class abilities for a Tinker. It's like releasing a class called Clothier that uses needles to pinpoint enemy weaknesses and exploit them and removing the Tailoring profession to make a class. Tinker has no more basis than Clothier has. In fact, one could argue Clothier has been around much longer than "tinkers" yet we still haven't got that class yet, so Blizzard should give it to us first.

Not true at all, one can view much of the titans work as tech, or to not be hindered by the curse of flesh. It doesn't need to be it's own element per say but death means nothing to something which strictly speaking has no life. Order can be seen as the power of the mind in this circumstance
    This is grasping at the most thin of straws. Much of the Titan work is definitely Tech. However, the Tech consists of the existing elements that Titans have used, which is why they defined everything the way they did. Again, it cannot, and will not, be added into the list of things that affect us. Death does mean something to things that have no life--it's the destruction of said thing. Magni's console "dies" because it no longer operates. Using Death on tech would cause it to cease working as that's the nature of Death.
    Last edited by Zentail; 2019-10-08 at 12:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Literally any race could "adapt with the help of the goblins". Vulpera are one of the least technological races in the game. You'd be better off going with undead, orcs, draenei, LFD, humans, dwarves, DI dwarves, Nightborne, Blood elves, etc.

Also what is the implication here? That Horde tinkers will be able to play Goblin or Vulpera and Alliance tinkers will be able to play Gnome.. or Gnome?
    I never said I liked/agreed the idea just explaining it :P.

Past that for me I would guess Gnomesx2, Dwarfx2, and maybes being human and DraeneiX2 for Alliance side. For Horde it would probably be Goblins, forsaken, Orcsx2 and the maybes being Bloodelevs, Nightobrn, and Vulpera.

People seem stuck up on the fact that demon hunters could only be 2 races, I'm fully expecting Tinkers if they do happen to be diverse with racial representation.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2019-10-08 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is could easily be argued that we don't have any of those classes, or they were misclassified in your post. Necromancers are more likely to be Warlocks, for example. Battle Priests could be Paladin, for sure, I'll give that one to you. Battle Mage is definitely not Enhance Shaman, as Nature magic is considered completely different from other forms of magic, at least according to lore. That's why Shamans aren't referred to as mages. Battle mage would be more like a Mage but has at least 1 (or 2/3) specs revolving around fire/ice/arcane being used in physical attacks. Could be Fire for Melee Mage, Ice for Tank Mage, Time for Healing Mage, idk. Shadow Archer/Dark Ranger is a class totally absent from the game right now, something that could easily fit the next expansion theme.

Regardless, Tinker falls into the same category as other class ideas. It's random speculation with no basis. That's not to say it couldn't happen, but again, Blizzard would be going completely off course for it, and that's skipping over the idea that there is no good design ideas for Tinker that anyone has posted yet. A Tinker class would, also, have to remove the Engineering profession as 95% of that profession is now class abilities for a Tinker. It's like releasing a class called Clothier that uses needles to pinpoint enemy weaknesses and exploit them and removing the Tailoring profession to make a class. Tinker has no more basis than Clothier has. In fact, one could argue Clothier has been around much longer than "tinkers" yet we still haven't got that class yet, so Blizzard should give it to us first.
    Engineering already does that for itself. It's limited by mechanics, a profession can't replace an entire class or its specs. It's barely even viable as a supplement to rotations with the long cds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Shadowlands is not the only contender, since Dragon Isles were mentioned and 8.3 has no mention. It'd be nice if they introduced new classes in the next 2 expansions and break pattern. That way they cover all archetypes. Dragonsworn is another possibility, and likelier than Necromancer if the Dragon Isles are next, but Dragonsworn is kind of fan made.
    Not even all that fan made, a lot of that fantasy boils down to a Dragoon type class.