Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Final Allied Races, after mechagnomes and vulpera (Story spoilers)

So now that mechgnomes and vulpera are confirmed, who will be the undead/worgen AR's?

Calia is now confirmed to be the new forsaken leader which means that light undead could be a very big possibility! But then what is left for the alliance. If we're to be fair then the Worgen AR needs to be a completely different species that uses the worgen rig. The only race that I can think of to fit this and be a good fit in the lore would be the sethrak.

Will they be the epilogue races for 8.3.5 or the preorder bonus for 9.0?

I think the Worgen AR (which I agree will also be like Vulpera, and be a new species) is not related to BFA at all, but is part of 9.0.

If it is a Dragonman or a new take on the Dragonman concept it may tie into the flights, Wrathion's story or the Dragon Isles.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Light Undead go Horde that means the Human Skeleton goes Horde.

For Balance sake a Horde Skeleton (not the BElf as that's used already) goes Alliance. Can't be Orc (Mag'har), Tauren (Highmountain), or Goblin (Vulpera) either.

So something that uses the Troll or Undead rig. I'll throw in Pandaren as well though that's gonna ruffle a lot of feathers if it happens.

As for when we get them, I'm gonna say in 9.0. Like you'll need to cap out next expansion, farm up a next expansion rep, to get them.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    So now that mechgnomes and vulpera are confirmed, who will be the undead/worgen AR's?

Calia is now confirmed to be the new forsaken leader which means that light undead could be a very big possibility! But then what is left for the alliance. If we're to be fair then the Worgen AR needs to be a completely different species that uses the worgen rig. The only race that I can think of to fit this and be a good fit in the lore would be the sethrak.

The Sethrak have no reason to join the Alliance, and even more reason to join the Horde. The Faithful would be the only faction that would join a side and since the Horde player helps return Sethrallis to power and thwarting General Jakra’zet and the Faithless, they’d join the Horde if anyone at all. They were also present at Talanji’s coronation.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    The Sethrak have no reason to join the Alliance, and even more reason to join the Horde. The Faithful would be the only faction that would join a side and since the Horde player helps return Sethrallis to power and thwarting General Jakra’zet and the Faithless, they’d join the Horde if anyone at all. They were also present at Talanji’s coronation.
    If you read the Vulpera description, it's not happening anymore. Plus there's no rep associated with Sethrak so in general they aren't happening.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The serpentine sethrak have taken to subjugating anyone they can as slaves, and the vulpera are an easy target for their machinations. If you’ve taken steps to liberate the vulpera from these overseers, they’ll join the Horde on the battlefield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    If you read the Vulpera description, it's not happening anymore. Plus there's no rep associated with Sethrak so in general they aren't happening.
    They just retold the history of why the Horde player helped the Vulpera. I’m not saying that they’ll ever be playable, but if they were it’d be Horde. You’re forgetting there were two distinct factions of Sethrak.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

10+ Year Old Account
    Don’t over think it. Lore takes a backseat to filling an interesting niche. Alliance Player Characters (PC) saves High Mountain Tauren and Horde PC saved the Lightforged Space Goats, yet, here we are. Head Sethrak guy is friendly with the Alliance PC, so if Blizzard wants to, they’ll make it so, that’s all that really needs to be said.

That being said, I suspect Alliance get some kind of Drakonid or Dragonman, or maybe even Naga in 9.0.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2019-10-08 at 01:06 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

5+ Year Old Account
    They just retold the history of why the Horde player helped the Vulpera. I’m not saying that they’ll ever be playable, but if they were it’d be Horde. You’re forgetting there were two distinct factions of Sethrak.
    There's two distinct factions, but just saying in general there's no rep tied to em. So based off that single thing, it'd never happen anyway.

Mogu will be the next allied race, probably new rep will be tied to them and i remember when one dev slipped out mogu as an allied race.

I don't like mogu so whatever, i won't get races i wanted for years anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If Light Undead go Horde that means the Human Skeleton goes Horde.
    What about Light Undead just being Alliance? This makes the model exchange choice a lot easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    What about Light Undead just being Alliance? This makes the model exchange choice a lot easier.
    Calia goes Horde so there's no way the Lightforged don't go with her.

Of course this thread assumes there is an Allied Race after these two, I have my doubts.

Um, how has no one brought up Saberon? Probably the easiest Worgen-rigged race to implement. Though I'd prefer if they were Horde and Alliance got Lightforged Undead as part of this truce between the factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I think the Worgen AR (which I agree will also be like Vulpera, and be a new species) is not related to BFA at all, but is part of 9.0.

If it is a Dragonman or a new take on the Dragonman concept it may tie into the flights, Wrathion's story or the Dragon Isles.

Yes please! Would fit if dragon isles is the next continent.

Of course this thread assumes there is an Allied Race after these two, I have my doubts.

There are two very glaring spaces left after the addition of mechgnomes and vulpera in the toon selection screen. If they don't get filled up the OCD's everywhere will go nuts.

It's also possible that Calia's Undead and the Worgen AR do not have reps associated with them as Blizz's way of being "nice". They may simply be unlocked by preordering 9.0 or finishing Nyalotha.

The 8.3 reps do not point to any AR in particular besides MAYBE Mogu (the Rajani). I think Calia is going Horde, and don't see any reason why the Mogu would join the Alliance instead of the Horde.

I'm not a fan of a different variant of Undead leading them. It's just like how I'm not a fan of Alleria leading the Void Elves. She doesn't look like them and doesn't have the same struggles as she can alter her appearance.

Calia should be leading her own new race.

Maybe bring in the night elf worgen with Tyrande's feral vengeance kick?
    They could look more similar to the OG worgen from the Cataclysm trailer. Maybe also have antlers or "elf" features.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Calia should be leading her own new race.
    Calia is not a naaru. She hasn't ever demonstrated she can raise even "normal" undead. And there are precisely 0 other light-raised undead.
    And why would she do that anyways?
    Undeath is a curse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t think there is going to be a Lightforged Undead race, maybe it’s just her. Didn’t it take a Naruu, Anduin, and Foal channeling the Light just to create her? Maybe she was created in lore just to replace Sylvanas, because let’s be honest, with Sylvanas still at the helm there was no way we’d get a truce and maybe inter faction grouping next expansion.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2019-10-08 at 01:17 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post

Someone predicted that:
    Horde gonna get Lightforged Undead.
    Alliance instead getting another asspull Boar like people.

Seems very true, so Play Horde Allied races to show Blizz what people want.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Someone predicted that:
    Horde gonna get Lightforged Undead.
    Alliance instead getting another asspull Boar like people.
    Wasn't that the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I don’t think there is going to be a Lightforged Undead race, maybe it’s just her. Didn’t it take a Naruu, Anduin, and Foal channeling the Light just to create her? Maybe she was created in lore just to replace Sylvanas, because let’s be honest, with Sylvanas still at the helm there was no way we’d get a truce and maybe inter faction grouping next expansion,
    We're still missing a Forsaken AR, and Calia being a new species of undead is suspicious.

Derek looks a lot like a new Forsaken AR as well (which is really just "more preserved undead")