10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Why are these people so stupid as to leave a digital trail?
    "Why yes, Mr. District Attorney, I do have something of value to trade for a lighter sentence."

10+ Year Old Account
    Former Trump officials and lobbyists dined with Zelensky campaign at Trump hotel months before infamous phone call

Prior to their election victory on April 21, Zelensky’s campaign hired Signal Group Consulting, a lobbying firm that was initially paid at least $60,000 to set up meetings with government officials, according to a lobbying disclosure report. A little-known U.S.-based attorney named Marcus Cohen helped coordinate these private gatherings. He paid Signal for its services.

One of those meetings took place at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, which has has become a hub for business leaders and foreign dignitaries to stay when they are in town to meet with members of Congress or the administration. It occurred just months before Trump’s now infamous July phone call with Zelensky that has led to an impeachment inquiry by Democrats in the House of Representatives. A summary of the call shows Trump asking Zelenksy if the Ukrainian leader can look into former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter.

Representatives from the countries of Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Malaysia and Nigeria have all stayed at the hotel. Executives from T-Mobile spent $195,000 at Trump International when they were lobbying for their merger with Sprint. T-Mobile has argued that its Trump hotel expenses only represented 14% of its total spent at Washington-area hotels.

Ethics experts have argued that the hotel is an example of Trump’s business seeing a financial benefit from his presidency. The Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics recently filed a lawsuit against Trump for failing to disentangle himself from his hotels and other businesses, making him vulnerable to inducements by officials seeking to curry favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Why are these people so stupid as to leave a digital trail?
    Did you see who hired them? Trump is a moron, so the people that are hired by Trump, are most likely morons as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Is abusing Sudafed an impeachable offense? Asking for an Orange...
    UK Sudafed at that. Which means it has Pseudoephedrine. Which means in federally and locally regulated in most of the US. The stuff that tends to be locked behind a counter and requires ID to purchase. The stuff that meyh hands will pay you money to buy for them.

Congratulations MAGA Hats, your president is a dope fiend.

sniff sniff

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    UK Sudafed at that. Which means it has Pseudoephedrine. Which means in federally and locally regulated in most of the US. The stuff that tends to be locked behind a counter and requires ID to purchase. The stuff that meyh hands will pay you money to buy for them.

Congratulations MAGA Hats, your president is a dope fiend.

sniff sniff
    Original Sudafed is the only one that works for me,whatever the crap is in the new can't be used to make meth formula flat out doesn't work for me.:/

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Original Sudafed is the only one that works for me,whatever the crap is in the new can't be used to make meth formula flat out doesn't work for me.:/
    You should still be able to get pseudoephedrine unless you live somewhere funky. They just track the sales and you can usually only buy it in small amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    You should still be able to get pseudoephedrine unless you live somewhere funky. They just track the sales and you can usually only buy it in small amounts.
    Yeah I can still get it,but I have to go to the counter,hope some one there is authorized to get it,then fill out the "I swear I'm not a smurf" paperwork for the DEA.

It's super annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the reports are accurate, its the one with 'good stuff'.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Oh, it's not just you. As a fellow Sudafed-using allergy sufferer, I did some research and learned that Phenylephrine flat-out doesn't work, period:

"Its efficacy as an oral decongestant has been questioned, with several independent studies finding that it provided no more relief to sinus congestion than a placebo."
    "A 2007 meta-analysis concluded that the evidence for its effectiveness is insufficient..."
    "Two studies published in 2009 examined the effects of phenylephrine on symptoms of allergic rhinitis by exposing people to pollen in a controlled, indoor environment. Neither study was able to distinguish between the effects of phenylephrine or a placebo. Pseudoephedrine and loratadine-montelukast therapy were found to be significantly more effective than both phenylephrine and placebo."
    "The Food and Drug Administration withdrew the indication "for the temporary relief of nasal congestion associated with sinusitis" in 2007."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenylephrine
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2019-10-08 at 02:49 AM.

Yeah I can still get it,but I have to go to the counter,hope some one there is authorized to get it,then fill out the "I swear I'm not a smurf" paperwork for the DEA.

It's super annoying.
    Oh cool, yeah it is really annoying - lifelong allergies and it's one of the few things that reliably decongests me.

On the subject of Trump... it's not that surprising that he's abusing some kind of stimulant. That picture of his desk is craaazy, hadn't seen it until this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Oh cool, yeah it is really annoying - lifelong allergies and it's one of the few things that reliably decongests me.

On the subject of Trump... it's not that surprising that he's abusing some kind of stimulant. That picture of his desk is craaazy, hadn't seen it until this.
    I mean, it's nothing new. Ignoring the whole stereotype of 80s businessmen and being coke addicts, reports of Trump abusing cocaine and other stimulants have been circulating since before his days on the Apprentice.

But of course we haven't had photographic evidence of his office drawer pharmacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

hmf...pseudoephedrine is typically used as a nasal decongestant...but more so as a diet pill (at least that's how I initially found it):

Sometimes called "legal speed" it's like taking 5 cups of coffee.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s just crazy to me that we have had that evidence since before the election.
    I am actually surprised it took this long for someone to notice the boxes, and the timing could not have been worse for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Rick Perry said it was "true" that he pressed Trump to make the phone call that prompted an impeachment inquiry. "Absolutely, I asked the president multiple times" https://politi.co/2OsUOWr

Video embedded of this idiot/patsy speaking.

Umm it's a short clip but while Perry doesn't say he told Trump what to say it seems that maybe he is trying to take some heat. Yes, of course Trump was the one who we know from the transcript said what he said, plus all evidence of Guilliani setting up meetings, the ambassador adviser conserns, etc. Yet, Perry says this?
    I actually don't think Perry has anything to do with it. He thought his position was to be an ambassador for american energy, it isn't, but I can believe he was asking Trump to call Ukraine for business dealings. Not sure what side of the law those dealings were on, but I can take what Perry says on face value since it is consistent with what I know with him.

Perry said they talked about corruption but he thought it referred to oligarchs and stuff. I am completely able to imagine a scenario where he talks with Trump about corruption where he thinks oligarchs and Trump thinks dumb ass conspiracies while both thinks the other understands what they are talking about but neither actually does.

I don't believe Perry would be complicit in this despite all the various short comings I feel he has.
    Last edited by Xeones; 2019-10-08 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    That's adorable....
    But still true. Amazing isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    The diversion was never about "B-b-b-but Clinton was g-g-guilty too!!1!!one!!" Several people made incorrect statements about Clinton that needed to be corrected for the record. Don't twist this into something it isn't. Sheesh.
    I know this is an old post (still catching upon this thread) but fuck the clintons. Lock them all up for life. That changes NOTHING about what is going on. Trump broke the law. Period. End of story. This is straight up trolling and that is bad enough but we have an actual mod of this forum participating in this shit while banning anyone who actually disagrees with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Why are the democrats poking the bear? You can clearly see trust among republicans has collapsed. Wouldnt the sensible thing be to back off?
    Is "Let the Wookie win" your actual argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Is "Let the Wookie win" your actual argument?
    Considering the conspiracies he is pushing that if Trump loses, either through impeachment or he loses in 2020, there is apparently going to be civil war. So, in essence they are going to be "Patriots" that go against the constitution one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    No, there is only 1 truth, and it isn't on the Republicans' side.
    That's the problem with partisans, they think their party is always right and infallible, you're not better than a trumpster in this regard.