Was a huge fan when i was in my teens and i still had that small cassette of game boy advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp.

Dub is done now too.

All we have left to tide us over is Dragon Ball Heroes. An 8 minute add for a card game every month.

...*sob*

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Welp.

Dub is done now too.

All we have left to tide us over is Dragon Ball Heroes. An 8 minute add for a card game every month.

...*sob*
    Yep, TOEI is really sleeping on what is now their number one cash cow. Yet One Piece continues getting new episodes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Pretty emotional trailer from this game (made me tear up a bit)

It looks very well done, but I'm passing on this. I am so done with Dragon Ball Z's story being told over, and over. The reason Fighterz was so good was because it had a brand new, original story on top of its great fighting game mechanics. As beautiful as this looks, it just looks like another Xenoverse to me, which I don't have the time for.

New episode of Super Dragon Ball Heroes, and some good stuff goes down!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hearts' new form looks dumb.

I mean, he's a pretty busy character design to begin with. And then they make him bright glowing gold. At that point it's probably already more than enough. But then you give him glassy multi-colored spines growing out of his back, and then surround those with a bunch of floating orbs?

It's like putting a hat on top of a hat on someone who's already wearing a hat. One hat alone might be cool.

But if you put on three you just look like an idiot.

It's like putting a hat on top of a hat on someone who's already wearing a hat. One hat alone might be cool.

havent touched anything DB-related since Super (jp) ended

think Im over the franchise now

10+ Year Old Account
    The new content in the manga is sincerely interesting. The new (and old) characters introduced are interesting in their own ways. It might be worth your time to catch up on that

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    havent touched anything DB-related since Super (jp) ended

think Im over the franchise now
    You didn't see Dragon Ball Super: Broly?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, he's a pretty busy character design to begin with. And then they make him bright glowing gold. At that point it's probably already more than enough. But then you give him glassy multi-colored spines growing out of his back, and then surround those with a bunch of floating orbs?

I agree, it's overkill. The golden glow doesn't bother me much since it's a visual manifestation of his Godslayer power, and the orbs seem divine, but the Syn Shenron-like back spikes are tacky as hell and just weren't needed.

10+ Year Old Account

Agreed. the design has way too much going on and it feels kinda mismatched.

What I'm sad about is them wasting the concept of a character that is out to kill the gods and obtaining a power that will allow him to kill even the highest of them... in a promotional anime for a card game (which I guess technically means he's a game character at core).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/0/05/TPH_Engineer.png
    Hmm, I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    You didn't see Dragon Ball Super: Broly?
    Honestly if they haven't seen it then they are not missing much. The movie is essentially 20 minutes of story followed by an hour of hearing Belly go RrrrrrrrrrrrrRRrRRah and then the viewer realizing the green chick is the actual villain of the whole movie. It was a little bit of a let down.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Honestly if they haven't seen it then they are not missing much. The movie is essentially 20 minutes of story followed by an hour of hearing Belly go RrrrrrrrrrrrrRRrRRah and then the viewer realizing the green chick is the actual villain of the whole movie. It was a little bit of a let down.
    To be fair, the majority of Dragon Ball is screaming and fighting with like 20% plot. lol But how was Cheelai the villain of the story versus say, Frieza or Paragus?

considering that basically the protagonist was broly, the antagonists could be easily goku and vegeta...

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    considering that basically the protagonist was broly, the antagonists could be easily goku and vegeta...
    Antagonists yes, villains no.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Antagonists yes, villains no.
    i mean, ok, goku IS the "good" of dragonball, but gogeta literally tried to vaporize broly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Goku already gave Broly a chance.

And while I'd say Vegeta is also 'good', he's not particularly merciful.

Try? he could've easily kill him with not even fully or half of his damn power! Broly is op af - then again... there people will roast you for saying that lol and Gogeta / Vegito is equal according to Toriyama himself, he actually said it during the movie release and more than half people refuse to agree what he said lol.. once he said it you can't do shit about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    To be fair, the majority of Dragon Ball is screaming and fighting with like 20% plot. lol But how was Cheelai the villain of the story versus say, Frieza or Paragus?
    I am guessing it is because she stole either the remote to Broly's mind control collar or the collar itself (I can't remember, I've only watched it once) without thinking, "Hey, why is Broly essentially being treated like a slave? There has to be a reason, right?" Yeah, it's because he's ridiculously, mindlessly powerful! Although, I actually like her intentions.