Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Still wondering what Erdogan said to Trump that spun him so easily Trump hotel in Istanbul maybe?
    Judging by Trump's tweet, it very well could have been as simple as, "look, you've been paying these guys to fight for you but they've actually been fighting against us, just let them go and save money."

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Though, of course he couldn't pass up an opportunity to sling a zinger at Obama -
    I think it was Breccia who suggested that this wasn't a zinger at Obama so much as a subtle way to drive home his point to Trump by comparing his actions to Obama's.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2019-10-07 at 11:54 PM.

O'Connell doesn't seem enthused by the Syria news.

Though, of course he couldn't pass up an opportunity to sling a zinger at Obama -
    What the fuck? How does this have ANYTHING to do with the Obama Administration? McConnell just went back in time like 4 years.

If Trump did walk back on Syria, it's because of McConnell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    What the fuck? How does this have ANYTHING to do with the Obama Administration? McConnell just went back in time like 4 years.
    Trump hates the name of Obama...and Moscow Mitch knows when and how to push Trump's buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Hey, this time it seems pretty justified. That zing right there is extremely likely to be why Trump folded so fast, accuse him of being just like Obama and he will change anything...

I wonder if we could casually mention that Obama didn't resign from the Presidency...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "Wait, he's going to let Japan export cars all they want and no tariffs?"

That's what it seems like, yeah..
    I’m due for a new car soon, and was thinking Audi or Lexus, guess I might be leaning Lexus now.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

He's tying the withdrawal of US forces, that did contribute towards the rise of the physical caliphate, to this move. It's a fair criticism, but rings hollow coming from O'Connel.

I find it incredibly unlikely that Trump didn't spend the weekend on calls with Republican leadership coordinating this Syrian pullback.

For starters, it received immediate rebuke from Trump's loudest supporters and enablers in Congress. If Trump took a shit on their foreheads, it would take them a week to come up with a response, and it would probably be praise for gracing them with such an enormous chocolate delight. But Lindsey Graham was phoning into conservative radio with rebukes before Trump had even managed to dig out the few dozen words left in his vocabulary to vomit into his twitter feed.

It gives Trump a new uproar to dampen his last one, impeachment, and to bog down momentum. It also gives Republicans an out to say they're tough on Trump even if they don't support impeachment. So brave and courageous! This isn't a mindless party of Trump!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I find it incredibly unlikely that Trump didn't spend the weekend on calls with Republican leadership coordinating this Syrian pullback.

For starters, it received immediate rebuke from Trump's loudest supporters and enablers in Congress. If Trump took a shit on their foreheads, it would take them a week to come up with a response, and it would probably be praise for gracing them with such an enormous chocolate delight. But Lindsey Graham was phoning into conservative radio with rebukes before Trump had even managed to dig out the few dozen words left in his vocabulary to vomit into his twitter feed.

It gives Trump a new uproar to dampen his last one, impeachment, and to bog down momentum. It also gives Republicans an out to say they're tough on Trump even if they don't support impeachment. So brave and courageous! This isn't a mindless party of Trump!
    No, that is just conspiracy nonsense. Trump couldn't coordinate such a thing if he tried, everything he says or does gets leaked to the Washington Post immediately, and several republicans would have happily leaked it themselves out of spite. No, this is exactly what it appeared to be, an extremely poorly thought out decision that came directly from Turkey, that received massive backlash over the potential security ramifications of it, and died in a few hours.

So, seems the only way to get Republicans to speak out against Trump is for Trump to do things with the military.

https://theintercept.com/2019/10/04/...sylum-seekers/

U.S. BORDER OFFICIALS USE FAKE ADDRESSES, DANGEROUS CONDITIONS, AND MASS TRIALS TO DISCOURAGE ASYLUM-SEEKERS
    It's a long read so I won't post it all here.

The cruelty is the point. Abolish the CBP and ICE and reform them with a clear purpose and direction that doesn't involve, "Recruiting agents with the promise that they'll fight off terrorists like they're Rambo."

10+ Year Old Account
    https://theintercept.com/2019/10/04/...sylum-seekers/

It's a long read so I won't post it all here.

The cruelty is the point. Abolish the CBP and ICE and reform them with a clear purpose and direction that doesn't involve, "Recruiting agents with the promise that they'll fight off terrorists like they're Rambo."
    Can we just charge the entire Trump administration with crimes against humanity, load them into a rocket and fire them into the sun?
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-buyback-plan/

Trump's bump-stock ban hasn't gone well, with an apparent majority of owners deciding that they'd rather illegally retain them despite them officially being banned.

For some reason there seem to be some "law and order" conservatives that are cheering at this callous disregard for the law. It wasn't even a Democrat that tried to take their bump-stocks from them!

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    No, that is just conspiracy nonsense.
    It's really not. This is the kind of thing Republicans have pulled multiple times in this term alone; Kavanaugh, for example, and the endless games of posturing and misdirection. I don't think Trump masterminded some elaborate scheme, because that's pretending any of this is elaborate. Trump wanted something to make people mad, Republicans wanted something to make them appear tough on their bill-signer, a kindergartener could say "hey, let's dick around with that same thing that pissed everyone off barely a year ago."

Trump does this nearly every day for the last two years and it's been extremely successful at keeping the pitchfork-rush against his scandals to more of a haphazard loud grumble. But somehow people keep saying it's not deliberate.

Well, Trump just got thousands of people murdered to protect his property in Turkey.

This is what happens when you arm allied rebels not to "win" but draw a stalemate.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So, you know how some have long suspected Trump uses uppers? Apparently the moron himself gave us evidence way back in 2016.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JRehling/...05950613958658

You have likely seen this photo as it’s the famous taco bowl picture. Over his left shoulder you can see the open drawer stuffed with Sudafed.

- - - Updated - - -

Just in case someone suspects doctoring, here’s the original photo posted to Trump’s twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...97587418247168
    He isn't even taking the good stuff. He's using the kind with this crap.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenylephrine

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So, you know how some have long suspected Trump uses uppers? Apparently the moron himself gave us evidence way back in 2016.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JRehling/...05950613958658

You have likely seen this photo as it’s the famous taco bowl picture. Over his left shoulder you can see the open drawer stuffed with Sudafed.

- - - Updated - - -

Just in case someone suspects doctoring, here’s the original photo posted to Trump’s twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...97587418247168
    Oh so Trump's not actually insane, he's just an asshole with a drug addiction.

*sips wine*

Can't actually tell if that is better or worse at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Oh so Trump's not actually insane, he's just an asshole with a drug addiction.

*sips wine*

Can't actually tell if that is better or worse at this point.
    Remember, he doesn't drink though. That's for losers!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Remember, he doesn't drink though. That's for losers!
    Hey, let me be a loser, with style!

*chugs a piscola
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker