Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Felt good when Tyrande called Anduin foolish. It's literally Blizzard taking what the community wanted it and implementing it.
    Well, old, grumpy Tyrande is (still timidly) going back to her badass WC3 self. Not all is lost yet in this story!
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Felt good when Tyrande called Anduin foolish. It's literally Blizzard taking what the community wanted it and implementing it.
    Ohoho you wish. This was Blizzard showing us that Tyrande is in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Ohoho you wish. This was Blizzard showing us that Tyrande is in the wrong.
    That's why Shandris - who was previously as invested in kicking the Horde's shit in as any other night elf - is now the "voice of reason."

All hail High Priestess Shandris, I guess. Supplicant to High King Anduin after Tyrande's inevitable "corruption." I mean, I don't know how else they reason her saying Elune abandoned the Kaldorei while she's sporting that neat new blessing supposedly given to her by Elune. I'd be a little more concerned if I were her.

Damnit, Anduin is such a pathetic weakling. Would be quite ironic if his ultimate trust in his Horde's allies would be the end of him - just like his grandfather's.
    And,by knowing how predictable is Blizzard's writing - either Tyrande will become the raid boss in the future "consumed by her vengeance" or the Black Moon will turn out to be corruption,which, when cleansed, will allow Tyrande to see the things "clearly" and she will forgive all the crimes commited by the Horde's soldiers,cause "It was all Sylvanas's fault". Sincerely hope it won't happen,but I don't expect surprises from the current Blizzard's writer team.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Or they kill her off. Either way, sad times for nelf fans.
    The entirety of BfA is a nightmare for nelf fans...

God, Shandris is turning out into a disgusting character.

But all this doesn't look too good for Tyrande and Malfurion. As soon as they become somewhat interesting the villain hammer hovers above their heads.

I like the detail about Nordrassil. In my opinion Hyjal, Felwood ( in a cleansed form ) and Moonglade are the proper homes for the Night Elves. Ashenvale too of course, but i think that regions serves a proper story better if it is contested. Not that it will be the case with the current Horde anymore. I bet Baine and Thrall and their ilk have already signed trade agreements with the Alliance which makes them totally dependent on the latter...

In my opinion it would be awesome if the Night Elves get a new city at Hyjal and have a proper Alliance with the Keeper of the Grove, the Dryads, Mountain Giants etc. Like in Warcraft 3. But i fear that Blizzard will come up with a new dungeon and raid the place, if they decide to turn the Night Elves under Tyrande and Malfurion into villains. And everyone with two brain cells knows how much they hate the Night Elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Keep in mind when Tyrande went off on this. It was in the middle of a resource war, she took what Troops she had with others away from the Alliance. During the end of the War Campaign, the other Windrunner sisters stated that Sylvanas' controlled the only army capable of taking out N'zoth.

And now, Tyrande refuses to accept all the facts for the vendetta.

Just because you can understand why someone is acting stupid doesn't mean they aren't being stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Her people for the most part were already dead. The land destroyed. She was fighting for nothing but her own rage at the situation.

You can't win a war fighting on two fronts. While the Horde was forced into this fight on two fronts, they control the land between the two Alliance forces, allowing easier troop movement and apparently per above, had better numbers anyway.
    Did you read read Elegy dude? Most of her people were evacuated to Stormwind, many died but most of them are alive, I like how you downplayed it to her fighting for nothing lol. I guess losing your lands,country,many civilians,capital city,world tree, and seeking vengeance is bad thing for all you human potential fanboys.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    TELDRASSIL. ATTEMPTED GENOCIDE. You dense fucking clown.
    Doesn't matter. You can't make revenge rational. Revenge by definition is driven by emotion, not rational.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jpch View Post
    Did you read read Elegy dude? Most of her people were evacuated to Stormwind, many died but most of them are alive, I like how you downplayed it to her fighting for nothing lol. I guess losing your lands,country,many civilians,capital city,world tree, and seeking vengeance is bad thing for all you human potential fanboys.
    Did I say it was a bad thing? No, I am saying how they are writing it makes Tyrande acting stupid and irrational about it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    "I was just following orders!" is a horrible excuse.

The Horde willingly followed Sylvanas. They are responsible for what she did to the night elves. Once again justice is denied.
    Wasnt my choice to burn teldrassil, im still against it =(
    gimme my neutral faction already
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    No she hasn't, she was absent since the start of 8.1 and she only gets like 5 lines of dialogue here, no one asked her why exactly she is going after Sylvanas. you just expect everyone to act like some children's cartoon where every character spells out everything and are just shells without any motivation and just reset again every episode, but this is the problem and why you are getting confused.
    Well, given you are expecting me to spell everything out for you literally even though you can't be bothered to read more than two words.

There are ways to address it without literally saying everything. Look how they handled her distrust of the Horde, she never directly calls the Horde a threat, but it is clear that is how she views them and why she doesn't want to work with them. Compare that with how they handle her with Sylvanas.

You call me asking for cartoon logic ... YOU ARE DEFENDING CARTOON WRITING. Don't tell me I wanted cartoon writing when it is clear you have no problem with that kind of writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Killing Sylvanas, or at least making sure she is held accountable, is not vengeance. It's justice. Just because she fled in battle does not mean she was in any way held accountable.
    It depends on the motives of the character. Killing Sylvanas because she is a threat to all living things could be rational motive.
    Tyrande's only known motive is vengeance, period. Anything else is just head canon garbage to justify piss poor writing.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I feel uncomfortable with the whole far-rightwing propaganda Blizzard makes with Anduin. I mean, Blizz storywriting was ever rightwing as fuck, but presenting trivializing genocide and protecting the culprits who commited a genocide as the voice of reason and wisdom seems to reach the far rightwing territory and sounds like an alt-right dogwhistle.

Do we know something about Hazzikostas political leanings and whether or not he has connections to the alt-right online community?

Well, given you are expecting me to spell everything out for you literally even though you can't be bothered to read more than two words.

There are ways to address it without literally saying everything. Look how they handled her distrust of the Horde, she never directly calls the Horde a threat, but it is clear that is how she views them and why she doesn't want to work with them. Compare that with how they handle her with Sylvanas.

You call me asking for cartoon logic ... YOU ARE DEFENDING CARTOON WRITING. Don't tell me I wanted cartoon writing when it is clear you have no problem with that kind of writing.
    Actually no, the only one here who wants cartoon writing is you, because you think Tyrande needs to just make a list all the reason why she feels Sylvanas needs to be killed, otherwise she is irrational and stupid, she couldn't possibly be going after Sylvanas for multiple reasons. You don't think Tyrande builds on any previous experiences to make decisions, she just has to list out everything she is doing and why at all times or she is being irrational for wanting to kill a genocidal maniac that is still a threat to everyone on the plant.

tyrande is the next candidate for raidboss/comedy villain

they'd better allow us to raid their writers lodge

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually no, the only one here who wants cartoon writing is you, because you think Tyrande needs to just make a list all the reason why she feels Sylvanas needs to be killed, otherwise she is irrational and stupid, she couldn't possibly be going after Sylvanas for multiple reasons. You don't think Tyrande builds on any previous experiences to make decisions, she just has to list out everything she is doing and why at all times or she is being irrational for wanting to kill a genocidal maniac that is still a threat to everyone on the plant.
    Because you don't understand anything.

You literally spent 90% of your arguments arguing against strawmans and claiming that is my argument.

She doesn't have to "list it" but would it have killed them to imply Tyrande even cares about the threat of the Sylvanas? They did it for why she distrusts the Horde. Why is expecting consistency in the writing that is some what decent wanting a list to you?
    –The Sith Code

Because you don't understand anything.

You literally spent 90% of your arguments arguing against strawmans and claiming that is my argument.

She doesn't have to "list it" but would it have killed them to imply Tyrande even cares about the threat of the Sylvanas? They did it for why she distrusts the Horde. Why is expecting consistency in the writing that is some what decent wanting a list to you?
    Again your logic goes both ways. Tyrande gets about 5 lines or so here and that has been since the start of 8.1 where she vanishes after the intro quest. Why would you assume she is not going after a powerful genocidal maniac for more than one reason? She has never stated that revenge is her only motivation, you don't need her to spell out a list for your to know Sylvanas is a danger to the living.

Tyrande will join Azshara and probably form a new faction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again your logic goes both ways. Tyrande gets about 5 lines or so here and that has been since the start of 8.1 where she vanishes after the intro quest. Why would you assume she is not going after a powerful genocidal maniac for more than one reason? She has never stated that revenge is her only motivation, you don't need her to spell out a list for your to know Sylvanas is a danger to the living.
    "The little lion is underestimating the Banshee still" ... something like that totally can't be worked into Tyrande's five lines at all. They couldn't have found any way to include Tyrande at other points in the story either ... nope.

Seriously, just justifying piss poor writing because you like cartoon motives and project that BS onto me.

Here is the problem ... you can't understand the concept of a spectrum. You see everything in two possibilities. You see no way of stating reasons other that literally spelling it out or not addressing it ... there is myriad of ways to address it.
    –The Sith Code

"The little lion is underestimating the Banshee still" ... totally can't be worked into Tyrande's five lines at all. They couldn't have found any way to include Tyrande at other points in the story either ... nope.

Seriously, just justifying piss poor writing because you like cartoon motives and project that BS onto me.
    Giving Tyrande no dialogue is bad writing and ignoring the night elves for a majority of the expansion that started off with their genocide is also shit writing. We know more about what Saurfang thinks about Teldrassil than any night elf. Tyrande going after Sylvanas isn't bad writing, her not spelling out why she is going after Sylvanas in full isn't bad writing either. The shit part is giving no insight into what the night elves are doing or what they are thinking other than a tiny snippet here, we don't even know if they succeeded in Darkshore.
    Last edited by Every Pwny; 2019-10-08 at 10:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay okay... everybody calm down please.

We have...

... a definitely EVIL sylvanas, abandoning all life and the horde who killed Saurfang with some death-ray
    ... a pissed, yet not fully evil Tyrande who wants to make a new home for the night elves in Nordrassil
    And Shandris who is not openly denying her faction leaders command (yet).

I think it is safe to say that

1) Sylvanas will not receive a redemption (after *deathraying the horde hero*... *muaharrharr you are all NOOOOTHING*)
    2) Tyrande will not be made into a villain
    3) Sylvanas is the face of the WoW part of the blizzcon banner, because she leads us to the next expansion and was the big point of discussion about "morally gray" behavior from horde players
    4) Tyrande will def. do some "morally gray" stuff soon. Including making some spare ripp BBQ in tauren camps and moon-light-crisping some stinky orcs/trolls/forsaken/insertanyotherstinkyracehere.

I think awesome times incoming
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Okay okay... everybody calm down please.

We have...

... a definitely EVIL sylvanas, abandoning all life and the horde who killed Saurfang with some death-ray
    ... a pissed, yet not fully evil Tyrande who wants to make a new home for the night elves in Nordrassil
    And Shandris who is not openly denying her faction leaders command (yet).

I think it is safe to say that

1) Sylvanas will not receive a redemption (after *deathraying the horde hero*... *muaharrharr you are all NOOOOTHING*)
    2) Tyrande will not be made into a villain
    3) Sylvanas is the face of the WoW part of the blizzcon banner, because she leads us to the next expansion and was the big point of discussion about "morally gray" behavior from horde players
    4) Tyrande will def. do some "morally gray" stuff soon. Including making some spare ripp BBQ in tauren camps and moon-light-crisping some stinky orcs/trolls/forsaken/insertanyotherstinkyracehere.

I think awesome times incoming
    I think you are in for disappointment. Openly defying our treasure is basically death warranty for tyrande. And she is definately chaotic evil now. Chances are shandris will mercy kill her.