Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Man... why are Blizzard such hard line Monarchists?

I am all for having Calia be part of the Forsaken and even a positive influence but to immediately reinvite her AS QUEEN? Fuckin' hell at least have her be part of some kind of Regency Council or another elected group of Forsaken. Seriously WHY IS IT ALWAYS INHERITANCE!
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

What the fuck... Both Calia and Derek. Sure Calia I can understand slightly because of being lordaeran decent. But Derek? He is now undead and even if he's welcomed in his family he just "welp, I'm undead, better join the horde side with the others".
    Feels like blizzard are sterring characters based on looks rather than characteristics, political affiliations and social standing within the community of the faction.

Considering Lillian voss are saying and is aware that many still support Sylvanas this MUST lead to some sort of rebellion or civil unrest among the forsaken. If it just gets glossed over and Calia will rule and Derek at her side without any "wtf is going on" from the rest of the forsaken the faction is dead. No real identity, just a faction based on looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Ooooh Nooooo, The Forsaken actually get to grow as a faction and have a new identity outside of its tyrannical ruler? The Horror!!

I don't care if its Voss or Calia, I just want to see the forsaken given a bloody chance to grow outside of the same leader whos been making them follow the same grotesque path since WC3.
    They LOSE their idendity. Which is that they are a society that has been shunned from their piers and have created their own community where they can live in a new family. If you think Sylvanas was the forsaken identity in the later years you are just plainly wrong. Sylvanas at the start when she showed sympathy was the identity, not the tyrant version we have atm.

If they get reduced into a faction just based on looking like an undead their identity gets reduced, it doesn't grow. It retracts and gets reduced. As @Super Dickmann says two posts above. Their culture just get deleted in two patches of time.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-10-08 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Yeah, humans suck so darn much. This is why Arthas is perhaps the biggest and most recognisable character of the Warcraft Franchise. I rest my case. It is futile to try and make MMO-chads stop hating the game. You guys will waste your entire lives whining about a game you hate everything about.
    Whenever something happens 70% of the time they shove down a damn human our throats, so yeah they suck and the more they overexpose them the more they will suck. I really enjoyed the Alliance meetings compromised out of 100% human characters that was really awesome, fucking humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Yeah, humans suck so darn much. This is why Arthas is perhaps the biggest and most recognisable character of the Warcraft Franchise. I rest my case. It is futile to try and make MMO-chads stop hating the game. You guys will waste your entire lives whining about a game you hate everything about.
    You're on a fantasy game and you have humans as yourself, if Arthas didn't had his sass storyline and be a normal human for sure wouldn't be recognizable. People like tragic stories, and when humans are damn badass.

People also say night elves sucks, then Illidan is the only well accomplished night elf, because he had more add to it.

It's not just because of their race they are recognizable is because of what they stand for and the contradicting things that makes them be original and unique. Most humans are just too normal, even our little lion boi, son of a king, priest and pacifist seems way too normal. While Varyan, he was a damn great character he had values, he always would go against whatever, so much he even got chosen the high king commander.

Varyan was a fking great human. And after him, Jaina is not that behind but she is too messed up.
    Anduin has barely anything that makes him sooooo recognizable. Besides him being Varyan's son.

I miss Varyan tbh. I respected him very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Whenever something happens 70% of the time they shove down a damn human our throats, so yeah they suck and the more they overexpose them the more they will suck. I really enjoyed the Alliance meetings compromised out of 100% human characters that was really awesome, fucking humans.
    As a draenei fan it was super fucking awesome when the culmination of the draenei story had a human leading it. Just terrific!

Humans can go fuck off and die.

Wait, what? So

- the Alliance loses 2 more characters to the Horde???
    - the Forsaken losing their identity

Nobody wins.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-10-08 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Wait, what? So the Alliance loses 2 more characters to the Horde???
    What Horde?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Humans can go fuck off and die.
    Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What Horde?
    x'DD i feel horde is not horde anymore too. What is even horde anymore. We are a bunch of lost souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Man... why are Blizzard such hard line Monarchists?
    Because it's easy and Blizzard is lazy. Don't need to build up any backstory or justifications for why they're the leader and why people support them. It's just "He/she is leader because his/her daddy/mommy was" and be done with it.

Then the few races that aren't hereditary just have the same leader forever. Even the gnomes who were supposed to be a democracy have never had an election.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I find hilarious about all this, how many times in recent years has sylvanas either raised or killed and raised alliance characters and troops and brought them into the forsaken either by demand or by force. Now she's abandoned the forsaken people are crying about having to accept calia as the new forsaken ruler being forced on them?

I don't know where these "Sylvanas was the Forsaken identity" memes come from but I would advise everyone who really believes that rubbish log into classic and play the Forsaken quests for a bit. Sylvanas just sits in the undercity doing nothing and yet the Forsaken still manage to have an identity and agenda without her. An identity by the way that almost the polar opposite of the "Lightforged undead" concept Calia represents.

Also damn guys, you know this is the lore forum, right? The amount of posters here who don't seem to give a shit about the lore but are just here to say "lul horde players are upset about somthing, let's support it" is astounding....

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What the fuck... Both Calia and Derek. Sure Calia I can understand slightly because of being lordaeran decent. But Derek? He is now undead and even if he's welcomed in his family he just "welp, I'm undead, better join the horde side with the others".
    Feels like blizzard are sterring characters based on looks rather than characteristics, political affiliations and social standing within the community of the faction.

Considering Lillian voss are saying and is aware that many still support Sylvanas this MUST lead to some sort of rebellion or civil unrest among the forsaken. If it just gets glossed over and Calia will rule and Derek at her side without any "wtf is going on" from the rest of the forsaken the faction is dead. No real identity, just a faction based on looks.

They LOSE their idendity. Which is that they are a society that has been shunned from their piers and have created their own community where they can live in a new family. If you think Sylvanas was the forsaken identity in the later years you are just plainly wrong. Sylvanas at the start when she showed sympathy was the identity, not the tyrant version we have atm.

If they get reduced into a faction just based on looking like an undead their identity gets reduced, it doesn't grow. It retracts and gets reduced. As @Super Dickmann says two posts above. Their culture just get deleted in two patches of time.
    What is their identity? Mindless puppets of their scapegoat leader that have blighted and killed thousands of people since WC3? Then you can add on, a race that shows their victim card and the typical horde "my bad" schtick and then gets an actual story arc and development? Because that's the identity that most people see them as at this point, including npcs within org.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Tharivor View Post
    I don't know where these "Sylvanas was the Forsaken identity" memes come from but I would advise everyone who really believes that rubbish log into classic and play the Forsaken quests for a bit. Sylvanas just sits in the undercity doing nothing and yet the Forsaken still manage to have an identity and agenda without her. An identity by the way that almost the polar opposite of the "Lightforged undead" concept Calia represents.
    There's a reason this story is predicated upon having no character who was Forsaken before BFA make a meaningful appearance. The only Forsaken involved in the obliteration of the Forsaken is Voss, who wasn't even part of the state until the start of BFA. Lydon, Belmont, Faranell, Anselm, Wroth, Cozwynn, Helcular - all absent or only in second long cameos. Then people who've never touched a Forsaken zone will tell us with a straight face that the problem was Sylvanas and that there was no Forsaken cast except her.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    derek king consort of lordaeron
    Wasn't it hinted that he will become the wife of Calia?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Calia and the Mag’har Orcs in 1 faction......
    It makes 0 sense blizzard it is like putting a Eradar as leader of the worgen next to the Draenei.
    A undead light being would be the biggest nightmare of the AU Orc but lets ignore it.....

Not sure what writters blizzard currently have but they actually managed to destroy the Horde in a few years after Metzen.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    There's a reason this story is predicated upon having no character who was Forsaken before BFA make a meaningful appearance. The only Forsaken involved in the obliteration of the Forsaken is Voss, who wasn't even part of the state until the start of BFA. Lydon, Belmont, Faranell, Anselm, Wroth, Cozwynn, Helcular - all absent or only in second long cameos. Then people who've never touched a Forsaken zone will tell us with a straight face that the problem was Sylvanas and that there was no Forsaken cast except her.
    In addition to that, pretty much every race except humans, orcs, and the elves have that problem. So many races have all of their lore connected to just their racial leader and the other characters of that race are minor side characters that are easy to overlook regardless of their actual importance. Draenei, gnomes, trolls, goblins, worgen, and pretty much every single allied race are like that.

But people only say "Sylvanas is the problem" for forsaken, but don't say "Velen is the problem" or "Gelbin is the problem."

10+ Year Old Account
    Who would have thought it would be the forsaken to bridge the gap between the alliance and horde :S

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Particularly when it comes to sieges, because they can't be starved out. Which means each and every of their strongholds needs to be breached, which puts their enemies at significant disadvantage.
    Flying galleon with arcane cannons says hi.

7+ Year Old Account
    #notmyqueen

F*** off Callia, and all the story writers in Blizzard HQ.

I am not coming back to this, no. I will stay in classic.