Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Gambit is pretty neat. I did way too much of it to get the auto-rifle reward way back when.

Invading is more "fun" than it is a quality mechanic. Although it gets less and less fun the more experienced your opponents are since there's only so many invasion entry points and I've died before even getting to move before.
    Heh, first one I got rocked as I went in blind. Tried the prime version the second go-round for bounties and it was much better. Successfully killed some of the enemies on my invade (not even sure how I invaded, but I did!) and rekt them as I was actually prepared when the invaded our end.

I wish we could track more than 3 quests at once, between bounties and the huge number of quests they've added for all kinds of stuff I'm constantly feeling overwhelmed on my new character! Just need to focus on a few things at a time, but my desire to check off all the boxes isn't helping -_-

I wish this game was a bit more solo friendly, like if i was able to grind to a ~940 cap (20-30 below traditional means) via public events but it was incredibly grindy i would love that. Just another path to keep up to a point to where if i wanted to start raiding i wouldnt be too far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I wish this game was a bit more solo friendly, like if i was able to grind to a ~940 cap (20-30 below traditional means) via public events but it was incredibly grindy i would love that. Just another path to keep up to a point to where if i wanted to start raiding i wouldnt be too far behind.
    It's a bit like MMO's - the hardest group content provides the fastest/best rewards. But it's also built around time-gated progression to a certain extent, with most of the upgrades coming via weekly quests (unless this has considerably changed).

I'm actually pretty alright with that, since you can hit the 900 soft-cap pretty quickly and then slowly progress from there. It's not like you need the better gear for any solo activities really, anyways.

Unrelated: I wish joining clans was easier. Finally got the app and it's pretty neat, just bummed that we can't find clans recruiting from there and I want those clan perks.

And apparently there's a functional "tier-list" for mods that kills off a lot of gear as it can't get certain mods with certain affinities - https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...i_spreadsheet/

Confusing, but that little spreadsheet is super handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Do you mean solo friendly as in no group play? You kinda can while it will take a very long time as challenges based on weekly lockouts will be the largest hold back and primals dont drop that frequently. Destiny will unfortunately likely never be a game for actual soloists.

Now if one is solo in the sense of not wanting to have to find their own group then the bulk of the powerful rewards are available from matchmaking activities.
    Compared to even late D1Y3 where the main ways to level up was monthly PVP event Iron banner and the heroic raid the leveling system now encourages variety of play for quickest path towards progression. The bulk of which are PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's a bit like MMO's - the hardest group content provides the fastest/best rewards. But it's also built around time-gated progression to a certain extent, with most of the upgrades coming via weekly quests (unless this has considerably changed).

I'm actually pretty alright with that, since you can hit the 900 soft-cap pretty quickly and then slowly progress from there. It's not like you need the better gear for any solo activities really, anyways.

Unrelated: I wish joining clans was easier. Finally got the app and it's pretty neat, just bummed that we can't find clans recruiting from there and I want those clan perks.

And apparently there's a functional "tier-list" for mods that kills off a lot of gear as it can't get certain mods with certain affinities - https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...i_spreadsheet/

Confusing, but that little spreadsheet is super handy.
    Yup but there are days where i just want to mindlessly grind, and public events are amazing for that lol. Even if it took 10-20x longer than doing the powerful reward quests i think that would be a cool thing to add to the game, there are a lot of powerful rewards i dont find fun and this would be a good way to keep people geared up in case they decide they want to raid someday.

And good find on that spreadsheet, i saw it yesterday but now i can bookmark it

- - - Updated - - -

Side note what are you guys running for pve loadouts?

So far the best i can come up with is bad juju in first slot, badlander (with auto loading holster) in 2nd, and a machine gun in third slot. I dont have access to any of the really good gear like recluse or mountaintop. Sometimes ill swap out a fusion rifle in energy slot. I was lucky when i stumbled upon the bad juju quest i had just enough materials to where i didnt have to farm anything, just placed down 18 tributes did the scenario and got the gun lol. Paired with middle tree stormcaller i get my super back really fast. Now i just need to find some geomag stabilizers, but i have no idea where those come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Looks like there's quite a bit. They open up powerful engrams at light level 900 which seems like it gives you more "stuff to do" to progress once you hit that soft cap.

Unrelated but gambit actually seems kinda fun. Still not a fan of the PvP, but the mostly PvE nature of it is pretty cool. Didn't realize it was free for non-Forsaken owners.
    Gambit was fin for a while, then got boring pretty fast for me. Definitely way better than standard PvP stuff.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Free to play game, complete inability to earn silver ingame. Okay then.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Can you actually gain silver through gameplay? how?

10+ Year Old Account
    survival pvp is so much fun with a bow, just 2 shot everybody all the time

you dont need silver to do anything though? lol its literally free to play

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    you dont need silver to do anything though? lol its literally free to play
    you mean like buy the content or get half the items on the silver only store? If you cannot earn silver (which you can't) and you can purchase forsaken and shadowkeep with silver, then it's not free to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Can you actually gain silver through gameplay? how?
    You can't. That's why I said complete inability to earn silver in game.

yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!

you mean like buy the content or get half the items on the silver only store? If you cannot earn silver (which you can't) and you can purchase forsaken and shadowkeep with silver, then it's not free to play.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't. That's why I said complete inability to earn silver in game.
    can you play the game without paying a penny? yes? its free to play.

can you play the game without paying a penny? yes? its free to play.
    Considering I paid for the original game when it came out, paid for the original two expansions, and now being told i need to pay to have full access to the game, that's not free to play.

Considering I paid for the original game when it came out, paid for the original two expansions, and now being told i need to pay to have full access to the game, that's not free to play.
    im sorry you dont understand what free to play means

im sorry you dont understand what free to play means
    The irony in your post is hilarious. I'm just adding you to block. You're clearly too much of a bungie shill to waste time on.

The irony in your post is hilarious. I'm just adding you to block. You're clearly too much of a bungie shill to waste time on.
    LMFAO i am a shill because i said the game is free to play, because you can play it without paying money. perfect logic. LOL

If you had the previous season passes and expansions, all content is there for you granted you migrated your account on steam. I have everything and was in your same situation.

Shadowkeep is not free nor it was never presented as free. The rest of the game is completely F2P. I don't understand the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this exploding bow... it goes boom, makes a fun sound when released, bypasses shields, and it goes boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    If you had the previous season passes and expansions, all content is there for you granted you migrated your account on steam. I have everything and was in your same situation.

Shadowkeep is not free nor it was never presented as free. The rest of the game is completely F2P. I don't understand the issue.
    The issue is that it's not free to play when they advertise it as free to play. I don't understand how hard it is to understand that. Look at every other GOOD free to play game. Overwatch? Can earn all items just through playing, no content is locked whatsoever. Guild wars 2, same deal. (or at least it was when I played it) But yet Destiny is "free to play" but I can't do any of the new content or any forsaken content without paying for those expansions. That's LITERALLY the opposite of free to pay when you HAVE TO pay for something. If they add silver currency to be earnable in game all my issues disappear, because yeah, it won't be quick, but at least I can EARN everything without having to pay for it. Which is what GOOD free to play games actually do.

The issue is that it's not free to play when they advertise it as free to play. I don't understand how hard it is to understand that. Look at every other GOOD free to play game. Overwatch? Can earn all items just through playing, no content is locked whatsoever. Guild wars 2, same deal. (or at least it was when I played it) But yet Destiny is "free to play" but I can't do any of the new content or any forsaken content without paying for those expansions. That's LITERALLY the opposite of free to pay when you HAVE TO pay for something. If they add silver currency to be earnable in game all my issues disappear, because yeah, it won't be quick, but at least I can EARN everything without having to pay for it. Which is what GOOD free to play games actually do.
    But you said you bought the expansions, now you say you're unable to play them, which doesn't make sense. You don't have to buy them.