Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Joshua Brown - Witness in Amber Guyger Trial - Shot & Killed

A man who testified in the Amber Guyger murder trial died Friday night after he was found shot multiple times at a Dallas apartment complex, the Dallas County District Attorney's office confirms.

Joshua Brown, a neighbor of Botham Jean's at the South Side Flats apartments and a witness in the trial, died in the shooting, according to the district attorney's office.

Police were called about 10:30 p.m. to the Atera apartments in the 4600 block of Cedar Springs Road, near the Dallas North Tollway and Lemmon Avenue.

Several people flagged the officers down and directed them to Brown, who was on the ground in the parking lot with multiple gunshot wounds, police said.

Brown was transported to Parkland Memorial Hospital, where he died, police said.

The Dallas Police Department and the Dallas County Medical Examiner's office have not confirmed the identity of the man shot and killed.

Brown lived across the hall from Botham Jean and met him for the first time the afternoon of Sept. 6, 2018, the day Jean was shot, Brown testified Sept. 24, the second day of the trial.

Sometimes coincidences are too coincidental.

I have been reading on Twitter all this morning people taking strides to get the FBI involved in Dallas.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2019-10-06 at 01:35 PM.

This is white supremacy and police brutality in action. They killed him because he dared to speak out against the police. It reminds me of the Ferguson activists that coincidentally started dying too.

When will America stop hating and oppressing black people?
    change can't wait.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is just terrible to hear. One thing after another with this case.

He was shot in his mouth? Symbolic or what?

Conspiracy theory much? People can be killed without it having anything to do with the case.

5+ Year Old Account
    Be mindful not to bring up forbidden topics: race, during discussion.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Conspiracy theory much? People can be killed without it having anything to do with the case.
    While that's certainly true...the police would be negligent to not investigate whether or not his testifying had anything to do with his death.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

So one Witness dead with a gunshot wound to the mouth and another Witness who received Death Threats and was fired.

Yeah, not suspicious at all. /s

She got 10 years. That is with the circumstances surrounding the shooting honestly one of the mildest sentences she can get.
    I do not buy that conspiracy nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably some crazy person who followed the trial. I doubt Amber was involved in it. Nonetheless, I hope the investigation finds the shooter.

Suspicious as shit just means I don't think it was a coincidence, not that I automatically believe the police are involved. But that it is more than likely related to his participation in the trial. There's plenty of trash that want to start a "race war".

The publicity some of things get is just too much for the public to know on day 1
    Last edited by ohtlmtlm; 2019-10-07 at 01:06 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    Probably some crazy person who followed the trial. I doubt Amber was involved in it. Nonetheless, I hope the investigation finds the shooter.
    This.

Also, pardon for asking but...Charlotte, NC?

Amber Guyger confessed, don't even need a witness, and people go in full blown conspiracy theory...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Be mindful not to bring up forbidden topics: race, during discussion.
    Also, conspiracy theories.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's funny because - given the political leanings of people on both sides - they're probably the same people that mocked anyone who made up conspiracy theories about Seth Rich.

Almost like people are more willing to believe crazy shit as long as it lines up with their biases, go figure.
    It would be a conspiracy theory to suggest that Amber Guyger or the police officers executed the guy. But that's not what (most) people are saying. To say that it is suspicious, given that other people connected to the event have received death threats and the specific manner in which the guy was killed, is a fair comment.

In a way, I almost wish I believed that the police did this (I do not). It's a lot scarier to me to know that we live in a world where some crazy nutcase who probably has no actual connection to the events could get so riled up that they would murder over it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    What "specific manner"?

If you mean "he was shot in the mouth", he wasn't. I'm always amazed at how quickly people will pick up on information that isn't true but supports a narrative.

Also, he was (supposedly) the target of another shooting last year. So, really, we don't know what the deal is with the guy.
    By 'specific manner' I mean that there is every reason to believe that he was intentionally murdered. It wasn't likely to be a random robbery gone wrong, or a crime of passion. Also, 'suspicious' doesn't mean 'was definitely connected to this event'. If you re-read what I said, I outright stated that I don't believe that anyone with a connection to the trial is responsible for the murder. So suggesting that I'm pushing a narrative that the police did it is patently false.

What I do believe is that emotions are high and people are scared, so specific care should be taken to reassure people that everything is being handled appropriately as more eyes will be on this investigation than normal. That may not be right, it may not be fair, and it almost assuredly isn't helpful to actually solving the case, but it is true and hand waving it away dismissively won't make it disappear.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Without some sort of evidence I don’t see a reason to see this as any thing other then a tragic shooting.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like someone tried to kill him a year ago according to cnn
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/07/us/jo...now/index.html
    Maybe they came back to finish the job and it is a coincidence that it happened when it did.
    Thou I wouldn’t be surprised if it was some white supremacy attack due to the trial

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Back it up bucko. DPD has been in dire straights for a while. They fired thier old police chief Tyrell Bolton due to his incompetence. And claiming over time on officer funerals. DPD officers are getting poached due to pay as well. That department is a mess.
    Yeah, for some reason they and every other law enforcement agency in the US seem to be teeming with white supremacists. *thinkstorm*
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude how can you function with that much TDS?
    Sorry, what's TDS again? I'm not fluent in chud.

Do you live in DFW? Because I do. Think my opinion matters a bit more than some guy constantly screaming orange man bad. Get a job bud. You won't have time to piss away. This is coming from someone that hates trump too
    I'm curious why on earth you're bringing up the shitbag-in-chief when my complaint is with a culture of white supremacy in American law enforcement. Something that predates said shitbag and will more than likely outlast him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

TDS = trump derangement syndrome. You're showing advanced symptoms. As for your other claims
    https://www.governing.com/gov-data/s...sentation.html

According to this 46% of the police is minority. With 70% of dallas minority. Dallas ain't a hick town like springtown or boyd. It's a fucking big place. Good luck pulling "white supremacist" shit over there. DPD has already had enough bad publicity. If I lived in dallas (dallas-fort worth is dfw btw) I could give you more insight on them.
    that's just didactic being didactic. he thinks anyone to his political right, especially those who are white, are racist by default and argues form that position. Its a form of racism towards white folks that very prevalent all over the US.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."