Page 1 of 3
LastLast

American society has gone completely off the rails!

There has been a massive loss in trust between the public and government. There has been a huge decline in civility. A decent chunk of eligible voters don't vote. The left and right sees themselves as enemies. We have thousands maybe millions of angry young men.

When we consider the other side "mentally ill" just because they have an opposing view then something has gone wrong!

There must be a light at the end of the tunnel somewhere in all of this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154
    The good news: There is.
    The bad news: It is a train.

The ugly news:
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    There has been a massive loss in trust between the public and government.
    That's okay. "trust in government" sounds like a religious idea.

We have thousands maybe millions of angry young men.
    I've come across plenty of angry women, I'm sure there are millions of them too. Maybe not exactly 50/50 but it's not lopsided enough that I would only consider one of the sexes as angry.
    Last edited by PC2; 2019-10-08 at 03:59 AM.

Division is the New World Order
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

Humans are a predatory species that have learned to prey upon each other.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

It's almost like there was an intentional decades long propaganda campaign driving people to more distrust of government.

I'd say I lost my trust in governmental entities right after the Patriot Act got passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    I'd say I lost my trust in governmental entities right after the Patriot Act got passed.
    Word.

/10char

Rails? Where we're going, we don't need rails.

OP needs to stick to cheerleader threads.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    There has been a massive loss in trust between the public and government. There has been a huge decline in civility. A decent chunk of eligible voters don't vote.
    A decent chunk of people barely give any effort towards life, much less politics As for civility there is nothing civil about those who mean to target others softly or not.

The left and right sees themselves as enemies. We have thousands maybe millions of angry young men.

When we consider the other side "mentally ill" just because they have an opposing view then something has gone wrong!

Sometimes the truth isn't easy, popular or nice. Not everyone even if they seem swell actually are. People don't like that so just like anything most people dislike they make up nonsense one way or another, whether it's we should all really just get along OR what WE Need to do is the one thing someONE else wants.

I see some of this as human nature coming in conflict with progress and change being something very few can adapt to.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    The good news: There is.
    The bad news: It is a train.

The ugly news:
    At least in the US, I agree that this is not going to turn out well. And as a few posters have stated quite concisely, this is all just the way humans are (including both women and men). As we race to destroy ourselves, just accept that this is the way that people are, and when the dust settles, try to be a survivor and move on.

Regardless of who gets elected, it's only going to get worse before it gets better. Possibly a lot worse. Like the above poster said. Try to be a survivor and move on.

I like how the west bitches about how China runs its society, yet more and more I see that their people have higher standards.

Hopefully the next American civil war will thin the numbers. America’w time for rule is over. The world is globalizing.

[Infraction]

If America does not come to terms with this, they could find themselves in last place, or worse, an enemy to the world that would need to be dealt with.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-10-09 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling: Do no wish for death/harm onto others.

These effect are arguably happening throughout the world, although it does seem that they are more pronounced in American society (or appears this way due to more media exposure). From an outsiders perspective it is interesting to see how American's are currently looking at their country; is there more awareness of this polarisation of late?

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    I like how the west bitches about how China runs its society, yet more and more I see that their people have higher standards.

Hopefully the next American civil war will thin the numbers. America’w time for rule is over. The world is globalizing.

If America does not come to terms with this, they could find themselves in last place, or worse, an enemy to the world that would need to be dealt with.
    It's good that you had permission to type that. Imagine having to fear saying something that isn't state sponsored.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    It's good that you had permission to type that. Imagine having to fear saying something that isn't state sponsored.
    Good attack. And also a perfect demonstration of the rot that infects the US at this time. We are good at responding with hateful and hurtful remarks. But, to paraphrase George Bush, "We don't do nation building."

Awesome at destroying things and tearing things down. Not so good at building. And slowly and steadily, we are destroying the wealth and prosperity and power and success that we built up in the 1950s and 1960s.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Good attack. And also a perfect demonstration of the rot that infects the US at this time. We are good at responding with hateful and hurtful remarks. But, to paraphrase George Bush, "We don't do nation building."

Awesome at destroying things and tearing things down. Not so good at building. And slowly and steadily, we are destroying the wealth and prosperity and power and success that we built up in the 1950s and 1960s.
    Guy is literally talking about wanting to see Americans die but you criticize me? Should I congratulate him on his insightful nation bashing? I'll surely build up a good report with him once I explain that the US is worthy of not being destroyed. One can only hope I learn to be as magnanimous as I'm obligated to pretend he is. Thank you for the insight.

There has been a massive loss in trust between the public and government. There has been a huge decline in civility. A decent chunk of eligible voters don't vote. The left and right sees themselves as enemies. We have thousands maybe millions of angry young men.

You haven't looked at historical voting turnout %, have you?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    American society as a whole, has never lived in a better time than the present.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams