Page 9 of 146 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Tinkers really are the best choice for a new hero. I'm hopeful.
    They are 100% not the best choice.

“Sadly”?

I personally can’t wait to run around as a Mechagnome Tinker and piss off all you salty whiners. It’s going to be delicious

My money is on next Xpac being Void Lords and we travelling to another planet, likely where Ethereals come from.

Tinker can fit in here as Azerothians embrace technology and travel to a new world. Its not a perfect thematic fit like DH/DK/Monk was but neither is any of the virgin edgelord classes like Necro/Dark Ranger.

I think Tinkers got another more or less big hint towards them.

I dont know so far about Mekkatorque with the Mechagnome questline, but Gallywix gets locked up in his mech after we take the Heritage Goblin Armor from him and Hobart takes him with him. Dunno if Gazlowe really becomes the Goblin Leader just yet.

If Mekkatorque is still frozen he might get saved by a pleading Gallywix to get free?

Or it could mean that Sylvanas goes and free his arse too, for all I know.

If Mekkatorque stays frozen and Gallywix in his mech I'd say Tinker is next class by 100%.

If one or both scenarios dont stay the way they currently are they may or maybe not coming.

It just needs to be ranged. Can't take another new melee class.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    My money is on next Xpac being Void Lords and we travelling to another planet, likely where Ethereals come from.

Tinker can fit in here as Azerothians embrace technology and travel to a new world. Its not a perfect thematic fit like DH/DK/Monk was but neither is any of the virgin edgelord classes like Necro/Dark Ranger.
    Which is the point... any class can be worked into almost any expansion depending on your narrative angle. Tinkering fits because mechanical stuff are harder to influence. Which still leaves the operater, the player character, able to be influenced which controls them. Same as with a void class, death class, banshee class. They can also argueably be spun around of having knowledge to deal with death and void and thus it makes sense to take help from people who knows more about what we are fighting.

In the end we all have our biases of which class we want to be introduced and tailor the narrative to make them fit to whatever expansion we expect to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    thats intersting. several people asked that. can you explain what "OP" means? im really confused about that term.
    OP = Original poster, the person that started the thread.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    With the advent of Mechagnomes and Vulpera that would mean 2 Alliance and 2 Horde races that would additionally make sense to have as tinkers in addition to Goblins and Gnomes.

Warden would still be a better option though.

SOOOOOOO much better.
    Why? Just because you like the name Warden? You provide nothing here besides angst.

At least a Tinker would be a welcome change. I can see a Tinker taking Engineering to a whole new level as a class. A Warden would just be an amalgam of what we already have...and Retail is in desperate need of something fundamentally new; it already has far, far too much of the same old thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    So nothing will ever be added but cause there is always something to fix. What needs to be fixed is also subjective which makes it even harder to use as a metric.
    I'd say it's clear what changes are objective, and which are player wish listing. When you have massively over performing classes, made to look more so by massively under performing classes, the metrics speak for themselves. Bringing that metric to a +/- 3% difference would be the way to go before adding another class that requires balancing within that tolerance. It's not a case of "Never"; more a case of "Not Until...".

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    going by that logic.... using merriam webster.

Definition of tinker

(Entry 1 of 2)

intransitive verb
    : to work in the manner of a tinker especially : to repair, adjust, or work with something in an unskilled or experimental manner : fiddle

always tinkering with his car

transitive verb
    : to repair, adjust, or experiment with

tinker noun
    plural tinkers

Definition of tinker (Entry 2 of 2)
    1a : a usually itinerant mender of household utensils
    b : an unskillful mender : bungler
    2 chiefly Irish, sometimes offensive : romany sense 1

not going by that logic...
    Embarassing...You forgot to look up engineering.

Let me put it in terms you can understand.

For example the car in the definition. When you Tinker with your car, have you suddenly become it's original designeer? No, the engineer that designed it was.

How difficult to understand huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxuvox View Post
    I'd say it's clear what changes are objective, and which are player wish listing. When you have massively over performing classes, made to look more so by massively under performing classes, the metrics speak for themselves. Bringing that metric to a +/- 3% difference would be the way to go before adding another class that requires balancing within that tolerance. It's not a case of "Never"; more a case of "Not Until...".
    People are crying when it's 3% difference as well... you say that's acceptable, others will not. Thinking its objective is reducing the complexity of subjective priorities and what's important. Which is my point. Who is determining the error margin? Depending on who you ask that number will change. There isn't an objective standard for that, it's up to each developer what they want to strive for.

Sure 3% sounds great and I would want that to be the case, but frankly I wouldn't mind if it was 5% and a new class got introduced since I personally enjoy testing out new classes more than seeing those bars being at around 3% within each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    How would tinker fit a void themed expansion such as shadowlands. It makes as much sense as fire in a vacuum.
    All shadowlands leaks were proven false by 8.3. It's made up community smoke. We don't know what we are getting. Both possibilties are still in the air. Dark ranger and Tinker are still the only two choices that have bread crums built up.

I can't make this more clear. No Allied Race have previously indicated the introduction of a new class. So why would it suddenly apply to mechagnomes?
    It's a simple question, I don't understand what's so confusing for you. People are arguing that mechagnomes indicates tinkers, I'm asking why.

I can make it short for you:

The races in this Expansion added are all considered great choices of races for a new Tinker Class, where we only had 2 good races before on each side for said class. This wasnt just the case for Mechagnomes, but Mechagnomes add a big factor since they are all about tinkering and technology.

And surprise surprise, they have gotten a intelligent horde counterpart that is also into being very crafty.

Longer version? :

What is an extremely fitting class for Mechagnomes? Take a guess. What is an extremely popular class idea since... ever? Take a guess.

Mechagnomes existance as a player race itself indicates Tinkers because it ultimately fits them in the most perfect way and opens up yet another class/race slot for it.
    A Mechagnome Warrior? Ehhhhh...
    A Mechagnome Tinker however? Fits extremely well and would also sure help by increasing the races popularity, since Gnomes in general fit very well with the class and it allows more choice for the player.

The same way Dark Iron Dwarves offer more choice, the same way Blackrock Mag'har Orcs offer more choice for the Horde side and crafty Vulpera.

If you want to go by your logic that they havent had any quests or dialogue indicated towards Tinkers, YES, YOU ARE MOST LIKELY RIGHT!

But why would they add so many races which can be Tinkers if they arent gonna do it? Makes no sense to me.
    Dont you think they would have added undead humans and elfs if we get a Dark Ranger instead?

If we are 100% lore focused, only Gnomes and Goblins before BfA would be able to be Tinkers.

But now? Exactly, we have so many options for them, and people got used to the idea with Mechagon and seeing Mekkatorque as a Boss and the Island Squads.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    they could always go back to having faction specific classes, give tinker to alliance and dark ranger to horde
    Won't happen. Player complaints and wishes is what removed the Shaman and Paladin barrier. There is no reason to believe those whines won't arise again if it were to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    OP = Original poster, the person that started the thread.
    no def. not.
    and thanks for clearing it out. i always thought it means something like Opinion xD

Yet another of the many many nails in a shit coffin.

Tinker...smh of all the potential classes they go with that steaming pile of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Nothing screams "mech-using technological race" quite like.... Vulpera?

What? Just because they look like Goblins don't mean they are a tinker race.
    Aye, I'm not sure I see vulpera as tinker candidates. They're more about scavenging and ambush warfare. It'll probably be gnomes, mechagnomes, goblins, and possibly Mag'har since Mag'har technology is based off of Blackfuse's schematics combined with Blackrock engineering.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by BuliwyfZRage View Post
    I can make it short for you:

The races in this Expansion added are all considered great choices of races for a new Tinker Class, where we only had 2 good races before on each side for said class. This wasnt just the case for Mechagnomes, but Mechagnomes add a big factor since they are all about tinkering and technology.

And surprise surprise, they have gotten a intelligent horde counterpart that is also into being very crafty.

Longer version? :

What is an extremely fitting class for Mechagnomes? Take a guess. What is an extremely popular class idea since... ever? Take a guess.

Mechagnomes existance as a player race itself indicates Tinkers because it ultimately fits them in the most perfect way and opens up yet another class/race slot for it.
    A Mechagnome Warrior? Ehhhhh...
    A Mechagnome Tinker however? Fits extremely well and would also sure help by increasing the races popularity, since Gnomes in general fit very well with the class and it allows more choice for the player.

The same way Dark Iron Dwarves offer more choice, the same way Blackrock Mag'har Orcs offer more choice for the Horde side and crafty Vulpera.

If you want to go by your logic that they havent had any quests or dialogue indicated towards Tinkers, YES, YOU ARE MOST LIKELY RIGHT!

But why would they add so many races which can be Tinkers if they arent gonna do it? Makes no sense to me.
    Dont you think they would have added undead humans and elfs if we get a Dark Ranger instead?

If we are 100% lore focused, only Gnomes and Goblins before BfA would be able to be Tinkers.

But now? Exactly, we have so many options for them, and people got used to the idea with Mechagon and seeing Mekkatorque as a Boss and the Island Squads.
    See, you don't even get what I'm saying... I'm not saying tinkers doesn't make sense. They can definitely be worked into making sense.

People are making the connection "Mechagnomes is an allied race, thus it points to tinkers" and I ask you; why doesn't Vulpera indicate a Nomadic class then? They are mostly nomads and it would make sense for them to introduce it to others. What the design of that would be I don't know, but also irrelevant.

To take an event such as an Allied Race being added to mean that a class will be included means we have to look at previous introductions of Allied Races. None of them ever pointed to a class being introduced. Which is why I'm confused as of why Mechagnomes would do so.

As you are doing there is you are using other arguments as well as why tinkers makes sense to add, which is something I agree with... it does. They can easily tie in tinkering after everything that has happened. But them being an Allied Race doesn't really add or indicate it even more so since we have no history of that being the case with Allied Races previously. For something to indicate or point to a certain direction previous events needs to also points towards it... that's how using trends to predict the future works.

This would be the first instalment of Allied Race indicating a class being introduced that fits them, so after this we can start speculating of future classes to be introduced tied to future allied races. The more that will happen in the future the more certain we can be with those kind of predictions.

Atm linking Allied Race to a new Class is wishful thinking. Could be right, but it's a guess nonetheless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Aye, I'm not sure I see vulpera as tinker candidates. They're more about scavenging and ambush warfare. It'll probably be gnomes, mechagnomes, goblins, and possibly Mag'har since Mag'har technology is based off of Blackfuse's schematics combined with Blackrock engineering.
    Draenei and Forsaken also have history of being technological savvy. Thing is that there is plenty of different technologies so it's kind difficult to use tinkering as an Umbrella term for all sort of technologies.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-10-08 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    If we go by the dictionary a tinker(er) is either a bloody amateur playing with shit he doesn't understand (pretty close I guess) or a guy that fixes metal pots and kettles.

An engineer is someone that either takes scientific principles and applies them in a practical manner to build "machines"/devices, an operator of a machine (that would also be pretty close) or the poor fuck that gets to dig the trenches/latrines and build camp and other military structures in the military.

If anything the shit that Blizzard labeled tinker(er) has always been a misnomer or down right insult to anyone with a technological background, even the original 13th century version was just a lesser blacksmith, the ones in wow are mechanics with a little bit of machinist sprinkled into the mix if they make their stuff themselves and maybe a bit of gunner/gunslinger if that is part of their weapon choice.
    Correct!

Have you seen gnomes and goblins? That's what they do! The Tinkers don't create things, they modify them (often with explosive results).
    There is a mechagon daily that is exactly this. The goblin one. They randomly add explosives, batteries and cogs together to make a gun into some crazy modified version.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-10-08 at 01:37 PM.

See, you don't even get what I'm saying... I'm not saying tinkers doesn't make sense. They can definitely be worked into making sense.

People are making the connection "Mechagnomes is an allied race, thus it points to tinkers" and I ask you. Why doesn't Vulpera indicate a Nomadic class then? They are mostly nomads and it would make sense for them to introduce it to others. What the design of that would be I don't know, but also irrelevant.

To take an event such as an Allied Race being added to mean that a class will be included means we have to look at previous introductions of Allied Races. None of them ever pointed to a class being introduced. Which is why I'm confused as of why Mechagnomes would do so.

As you are doing there is you are using other arguments as well as why tinkers makes sense to add, which is something I agree with... it does. They can easily tie in tinkering after everything that has happened. But them being an Allied Race doesn't really add or indicate it even more so since we have no history of that being the case with Allied Races.
    You are just doing this on purpose, arent you? No one in their right mind would do this unintentionally.

Why do you think we dont get a nomadic class which has absolutely no backbone but the Tinker Class, which is highly demanded, has a lot of lore behind it and a big focus in BfA in every patch?

For the last part. I'll give up after this last sentence: Allied Races are a part of BfA, not ever before. How can they have a history with new classes when they just came out this Expansion?

I dont know why we are talking past eachother? What is there so hard to understand with that they cant have any history with new Classes because they are a current expansion feature?