Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    But you said you bought the expansions, now you say you're unable to play them, which doesn't make sense. You don't have to buy them.
    No i said I bought the original two, as in warmind and curse of osiris.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Destiny 2 is free to play and is advertised as such.

Destiny 2 Forsaken and Destiny 2 Shadowbringers isn't, Its no different then the Expansions F2P games like DCUO,Rift,GW2 have dropped.

I don't see what is hard to understand about that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Destiny 2 is free to play and is advertised as such.

Destiny 2 Forsaken and Destiny 2 Shadowbringers isn't, Its no different then the Expansions F2P games like DCUO,Rift,GW2 have dropped.

I don't see what is hard to understand about that.
    Well i agree with him partly. It's like calling wow free to play because you can play lv 1-20 for free. Technically it's true but in reality all relevant content costs money.

I wouldn't call D2 F2P either. If I have to buy an expansion with real money I don't consider it F2P.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I wouldn't call D2 F2P either. If I have to buy an expansion with real money I don't consider it F2P.
    Can you play Destiny 2 free? Yes you can, You just download it and play it fully.

Destiny 2 Forsaken and Destiny 2 Shadowbringers is a different story. Doesn't matter what you could call it, Destiny 2 is free to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Well i agree with him partly. It's like calling wow free to play because you can play lv 1-20 for free. Technically it's true but in reality all relevant content costs money.
    Wow's base game isn't fully free 2 play, Destiny 2's is. That is a key difference.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Many f2p games sell expansions on top of the free content. The fact is a good chunk of the game is f2p including stuff that was originally exclusive to the year 2 season pass. All you need to pay for is the brand new content as well as the quests, missions and strikes from forsaken.

Wow's base game isn't fully free 2 play, Destiny 2's is. That is a key difference.
    Well you can't play most of the D2 content for free, especially the current one. If that's your definition of "fully"...
    In the end it's still Buy to Play and that's ok, although i still think 35 euros is too much for shadowkeep.

Well you can't play most of the D2 content for free, especially the current one. If that's your definition of "fully"...
    In the end it's still Buy to Play and that's ok, although i still think 35 euros is too much for shadowkeep.
    Actually you can play every single bit of Destiny 2's content for free. You can't play Destiny 2 Forsaken or Shadowbringers content for free.

There is a difference.

If the base part of WoW went fully f2p (1-60) that would be World of Warcraft going f2p. But TBC,Wrath,Cata ect.. Would be B2p Expansions.

Destiny 2 is free 2 play fully. Destiny 2 Forsaken/Shadowbringers is Buy 2 Play.

its obviously not really f2p but more like a big trial, but yes the base game of destiny 2 is fully f2p as all the original content from destiny 2 vanilla is open to f2p players, but the expansions cost money

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    its obviously not really f2p but more like a big trial, but yes the base game of destiny 2 is fully f2p as all the original content from destiny 2 vanilla is open to f2p players, but the expansions cost money
    And all they have ever said is that Destiny 2 is f2p and they are 100% correct on that. Each part has its own content and story and the base game does have a lot of content.

They never claimed Shadowbringers and Forsaken is f2p.

That was the year pass 1 only (you could buy them separately but they were included if you went with season pass). The first expansion was Forsaken and was another separate thing.

- - - Updated - - -

That's right, but that's not what's happening. He didn't buy Forsaken which was a thing on his own, so he doesn't get it now. Also, now given you're playing at 750 power right from the start makes everything before now automatically obsolete.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    That's right, but that's not what's happening. He didn't buy Forsaken which was a thing on his own, so he doesn't get it now. Also, now given you're playing at 750 power right from the start makes everything before now automatically obsolete.
    Isn't there a tmog system now tho? That makes the old content worth doing if your into that type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    They always said the base game is F2P too, which is neat for those who just want to try it.

Is there matchmaking for nightfall or legacy raid?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Legacy no.

Nightfall's I do believe console has matchmaking for it.

Can't believe after 2 years cabbage error is still there with some router brands, i'm forced to use a pppoe connection to not get regularly dc'ed even if nat is seen as open in accessibility menu in game
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Raid no, for Nightfall: The Ordeal on pc at least you do have matchmaking for the first 2 difficulties (750/920), which count for the weekly so you can get the engrams. The last 2 difficulties for now are pre-made only (950/980)

Isn't there a tmog system now tho? That makes the old content worth doing if your into that type of thing.
    Yes and no. You can transmog stuff but from what i've seen it's just seasonal and universal ornaments. It's not like WoW that you can mog a piece A with appearance of piece B (which sucks honestly, there's a lot of really good stuff in the standard/low level tables). But then i just dabbled with it so i don't really know.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    They always said the base game is F2P too, which is neat for those who just want to try it.
    The base game was already given away for free last year on battle.net
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

you mean like buy the content or get half the items on the silver only store? If you cannot earn silver (which you can't) and you can purchase forsaken and shadowkeep with silver, then it's not free to play.
    The existence of paid expansions/DLC doesn't mean a game isn't F2P. See - DCUO, LOTRO, DDO, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, etc. etc. etc.

They're not going to give you cash shop currency for free, that's how they generate sustained revenue especially since there's no more initial box price. They still give you currency to buy cosmetics with (bright dust).