Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Smaller threads are being merged into an 8.3 Megathread, to prevent the proliferation of overlapping and/or very specific threads. If you don't see your thread it is likely it has been merged with this one.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Uh yeah, you might wanna read that again?

"Y'Shaarj was the only one of the four Old Gods to be killed by the titans"

No where, not in Chronicles, not in game, no where is it stated that 1.) we just fought avatars of the Old Gods 2.) we just beat them back into inactivity 3.) they are not dead.

Meanwhile, we have several lines of dialogue indicating the Old Gods are more than likely dead.

Yogg'sarons death quote explicitly states he is dead, but still exudes some kind of influence, like Y'shaarj did after he got ripped out.
    Dead by mortal definition does not mean actually dead. Here's a blue post on the issue.

Sorakleon
    Forum Engagement
    92 posts
    21 Sep 2017
    They do not die, they do not live. They are outside the cycle.
    Source: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616982014

Only Y'shaarj is considered fully deader than a door nail.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Please just stop.

They are all fucking dead.
    Look up each of their bio entries, only one with the status of "Deceased" is Y'Shaarj. The rest are "Defeated". I'd post the links but can't due to my post count. They aren't dead. Literally just read words and you won't look dumb.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-10-09 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    C'thun and Yogg-Saron are defeated, not deceased. They are still alive.

Y'shaarj is the only really dead Old God.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    So let's see. Do I take Blizzard's word from Chronicles Volume.1, or your headcanon.

Difficult choices.. /s
    Listen lads, we have had this discussion a million times before.
    They always end in the same exact way.

They are, for the millionth and first time, dead.

Formerly known as Arafal

"1.) we just fought avatars of the Old Gods 2.) we just beat them back into inactivity 3.) they are not dead."

We never really fought the Old Gods in their "Avatar" states. We fought their main bodies, but they were still in chains. N'zoth is the only fully freed one we're fighting. I do agree that they're likely dead, but know that they were still in a weakened state when we killed them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wozonk View Post
    Look up each of their bio entries, only one with the status of "Deceased" is Y'Shaarj. The rest are "Defeated". I'd post the links but can't due to my post count. They aren't dead. Literally just read words and you won't look dumb.
    If it's from Wowpedia, then I don't even think they know what's up. But, we are ending the Old God's and their reign on Azeroth with 8.3. We're entering Ny'alotha, the Black Empire's domain, and we're slaying N'zoth there. If that doesn't equate to the Black Empire being destroyed, idk what does...

The Void Lords, and the Forces of Death are the last remaining threats in WoW atm, as both the Old Gods, as well as the Legion, are done. Simple and swift.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Listen lads, we have had this discussion a million times before.
    They always end in the same exact way.

They are, for the millionth and first time, dead.
    You seem quite immune to both proper reading comprehension, and checking actual written facts in Blizzard WoW novels. I'm not wasting a single other post on you. Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Wrathion was spying Ebonhorn because he is his only brother.
    Wait a sec, what about Sabellian? Where is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Madkat124 View Post
    9.0 or 10.0 is probably going to be another scourge expac, and I cant wait. they've been hinting that Bolvar's been up to something since Legion.
    9.0 is 120% going to be about the Forces of Death, Elune, the Lich King, etc. There's TONS of things leading up to it, especially considering that Il'gynoth's new whispers indicate a Death Expansion coming soon.

10.0 will be about the Shadow.

- - - Updated - - -

You seem quite immune to both proper reading comprehension, and checking actual written facts in Blizzard WoW novels. I'm not wasting a single other post on you. Good day.
    There's NO reason to assume that the Old Gods are still around after N'zoth. The only reasons they could still be alive are due to their presences still being felt in both Silithus as well as Ulduar (VIA Whispers and shit). However, Y'Shaarj has this same ordeal, where he whispers and his presence could still be felt, and he died...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Wait a sec, what about Sabellian? Where is he?
    He's in Outland, likely not giving a damn. Who knows, we might see him in 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    But, we are ending the Old God's and their reign on Azeroth with 8.3. We're entering Ny'alotha, the Black Empire's domain, and we're slaying N'zoth there. If that doesn't equate to the Black Empire being destroyed, idk what does...
    Right, and we haven't done that part with C'Thun or Yogg yet, we just defeated them in our own land...soooo there's your point. If we would have fought those 2 in Ny'alotha then I'd agree that they're dead...but they're just chillin. The threat being gone does not equate to death...Sargeras isn't dead.

There's NO reason to assume that the Old Gods are still around after N'zoth. The only reasons they could still be alive are due to their presences still being felt in both Silithus as well as Ulduar (VIA Whispers and shit). However, Y'Shaarj has this same ordeal, where he whispers and his presence could still be felt, and he died...
    Y'Sharaaj's presence and whispers were there when the Sha (his heads), and his actual HEART was still living and around in MoP. Old Gods aren't single body-entities. They're Gods for a reason.

Edit: We did NOT kill the other old gods, because the biggest chunk of their mass is underground and is spread across continents. Yogg Saron for one is spread under the entire continent of Northrend, which is why his blood (Saronite) is found in every zone. This is all from both ingame text and official novels.
    Last edited by Odintdk; 2019-10-08 at 01:49 PM.

Y'Sharaaj's presence and whispers were there when the Sha (his heads), and his actual HEART was still living and around in MoP. Old Gods aren't single body-entities. They're Gods for a reason.
    Yes, and C'Thun and Yogg'Saron's presences are still around, because their infection and other pieces of their bodies still exist. We only killed them VIA their heads. That's it.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a similar thing to Y'Shaarj.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Dead by mortal definition does not mean actually dead. Here's a blue post on the issue.

Source: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17616982014

Only Y'shaarj is considered fully deader than a door nail.
    Y'shaarj was considered dead by Chronicles even before we destroyed his heart.

Yes, and C'Thun and Yogg'Saron's presences are still around, because their infection and other pieces of their bodies still exist. We only killed them VIA their heads. That's it.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a similar thing to Y'Shaarj.
    There's a fundamental difference between Aman'Thul having to descend upon Azeroth in his full Titan form, grabbing Y'sharaj's entire body and crushing it with his right fist, and a few ant size champions beating one of many heads of an Old God. Y'sharaj's mass was described as "Mountains and mountains of flesh".

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    my understanding is that he didnt know at that time

found out at the end of Azshara raid or between then and 8.3
    He specificially handed the Horde Champion the Blade so they would take it to Sylvanas, who then used it to get back to Azshara and lead the Champion with the Heart to her, so they could free him.

I don't buy "he didn't know" for a second. He orchestrated the whole thing. Of course he knows.

There's a fundamental difference between Aman'Thul having to descend upon Azeroth in his full Titan form, grabbing Y'sharaj's entire body and crushing it with his right fist, and a few ant size champions beating one of many heads of an Old God. Y'sharaj's mass was described as "Mountains and mountains of flesh".
    He was also fully freed, and wasn't at all imprisoned and/or still in chains, unlike the two Old Gods we've fought. Besides, it's stated that the Old Gods (Like C'Thun) feared the Alliance/Horde when they worked together. So, it's not like a Titan is the only thing that could end an Old God.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He specificially handed the Horde Champion the Blade so they would take it to Sylvanas, who then used it to get back to Azshara and lead the Champion with the Heart to her, so they could free him.

I don't buy "he didn't know" for a second. He orchestrated the whole thing. Of course he knows.
    Yep. It seems like he will show us the vision of their bargain aswell as a vision of Deathwing breaking the world pillar during his boss encounter, according to the dungeon journal

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    Azshara and Sylvanas working together seems off. Like from a storytelling perspective they never did the groundwork to make those two characters interacting feel plausible. The result is that they both feel out of context.

A good test for a fantasy story is whether it's just a ghetto story with the people replaced by weirdo monsters.
    The execution was not good, but Azshara striking a deal with Sylvanas actually isn't off since Azshara just want to be the ruler of Azeroth (if not more) so it makes sense that she wants to get rid of N'Zoth. Even back in war of the ancients, she wanted Sargeras as her equal (she probably miscalculated, but that's how she thinks).

So they bait the A/H to Naz, have HoA open the prison so N'Zoth is accessible, and then eliminate the PC so that's one fewer thing Azshara needs to worry about, and Sylvanas gets more souls to feed to whatever she's working with.

I don't know how Azshara planned on handling N'Zoth without PCs, but at least the motive made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    The Horde def needs either red spacegoats or these friendly mogu as an allied race. But the latter need cuter/prettier faces :> The Alliance already has 1 spacegoat-based allied race, so they should get something else.
    Man'ari Eredar would indeed be nice. Especially with all NPC color varieties being available, not just the red ones. Same goes for Mogu. They always reminded me of the Orcs a bit, both in their looks and their society, so it wouldn't be that weird for one of the Mogu clans to join them. Especially with Zandalari now being teamed up with the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Maybe MOTHER whipped out a new batch with the Engine of Nalak'sha?
    Wait, if Engine of Nalak'sha is capable of powering up the Forge of Origination, why didn't Lei Shen pull the plug before invading Uldum to make sure the Tol'vir had no way of opposing him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan997 View Post
    I believe that Gallywix has basically remained loyal to Sylvanas, or at least to her ability to pay him. What about Geya’rah, though? Doesn’t she also remain loyal?
    Nah, If you talk to her after the scenario she says she was a great warchief and super effective, but she did everything she did for herself and not for her people. She basically sees Sylvanas as a waste who failed at being Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Urm.. what?

How is ji firepaw, mayla, geya'rah and talanji speculated, but Voss is confirmed? Those speculated ones are the leaders assured, and forsaken leadership is still up in the air. So is the trolls for that matter as it's only been debated between characters on rokhans position
    I'm talking about Council spots in my post. Voss says she doesnt want to rule but accepts a seat on the horde council in the broadcast text.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    The race has females, it's just another case of Blizzard only making one sex for each non playable race(Ogres for example)

They had a lot of potential, I personally wouldn't mind if they became a playable race. Would rather that, then them just fade away from the lore.
    Mogu are just made from a machine. they could just make a new batch of them if their leader is gonna be female it wouldnt be crazy to think shed make some new ones. Or even with the new old god stuff if they made a big mixed gender stone army and then were all cursed with flesh it be the ideal set up for a new race i think.

What will happen to the toons who have eye of n'zoth on their heads?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©