Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Boycott Blizzard for Banning Hearthstone Player over HongKong Support

https://kotaku.com/blizzard-suspends...upp-1838864961

This is Wrong.

China's abusive government shouldn't be catered to or pandered to, no matter how big a market they are.

There should be values.

People should be able to say when something is EVIL BULLSHIT and not be banned or fired for it.

Everyone should unsub and stop paying for cosmetics and other services until Blizzard undoes this. The world cannot continue let companies set aside all morals to appease dictatorships for an easy dollar.
    Twas brillig

Sit the hell down, a forum to discuss WoW isn't the place for such borderline political agendas. Reported.

Blizzard bends the knee for China. Gonna be interesting to see how things go over after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Sit the hell down, a forum to discuss WoW isn't the place for such borderline political agendas. Reported.
    Political agenda? Democracy isn’t a political agenda, you are part of the problem.
    change can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    [url]The world cannot continue let companies set aside all morals to appease dictatorships for an easy dollar.
    But they will. They will continue to give companies that are literally evil money so long as those companies appease their addictions and ego-filled desire for meaningless things.

Unfortunately the only way out of this hellscape that we have created is complete collapse of civilization as we know it. So either go off the grid and accept that most people in this society willfully submit to being sheepish slaves to Satanic behavior, or attempt to wake up your fellow slaves to the horrifying reality of the zoo that we have created for ourselves. Only then will some hope of collapse come. All must burn. It is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    So are we just going to sit by and mortgage our values while companies cater to tyranny cause 'oh well it's political'?

Fuck that. Just because it's uncomfortable to talk about or stressful we shouldn't sit idly and pretend nothing is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    But they will. They will continue to give companies that are literally evil money so long as those companies appease their addictions and ego-filled desire for meaningless things.

Unfortunately the only way out of this hellscape that we have created is complete collapse of civilization as we know it. So either go off the grid and accept that most people in this society willfully submit to being sheepish slaves to Satanic behavior, or attempt to wake up your fellow slaves to the horrifying reality of the zoo that we have created for ourselves. Only then will some hope of collapse come. All must burn. It is the only way.
    Nonsense! We can ABSOLUTELY change this. Any system created by humans can be changed by them. That apathy, that feeling that everything's 'too big' or 'too entrenched' to be changed, is exactly what people are counting on.

They only have as much power as you allow them.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Another boycott? When i can start to laugh, because i know it will not work. xD

Don't pull political stunts on someone else's stream when that someone else is the one you're relying on for a payment/salary. Seems like a simple concept to me.

This is Wrong.

China's abusive government shouldn't be catered to or pandered to, no matter how big a market they are.

There should be values.

People should be able to say when something is EVIL BULLSHIT and not be banned or fired for it.

Everyone should unsub and stop paying for cosmetics and other services until Blizzard undoes this. The world cannot continue let companies set aside all morals to appease dictatorships for an easy dollar.
    Then you better be boycotting everything owned by and associated with Tencent, as well as giving up your smartphone, and pretty much all your electronic devices, clothes, shoes, as well as all social media since they kowtow to China as well.

Funny how South Park just made an episode about this. Their apology is even better - https://twitter.com/SouthPark/status...73539799736320

This is Wrong.

There should be values.

I'm actually inclined to agree.

I wasn't expecting Blizz to come out and admonish China or lead the charge in HK or anything. But this action they took is just...

I don't even have words, it's a complete shit show.

This is Wrong.

There should be values.

I'm not your soldier nor a part of your personal army; this isn't my war.

Go recruit elsewhere!

This is Wrong.

There should be values.

Go ahead, unsub and stop playing Blizzard games. I am not going to do that over someone bringing up politics during Hearthstone stream.

7+ Year Old Account

This is Wrong.

There should be values.

As i said to the thread in the propper location.

yeah sadly this is a cluster fuck of an issue, im seeing alot of people hate on blizz but this is a super big issue, more then people give credit.

1. dude broke the rules bringing politics into the game, i dont think anyone wants politics, we dont want people talking about fake news or how the goverment is out to get us, we want video games.

2. china makes a massive amount of money for blizzard, so much that if, like china has done in the past, banned blizzard games for defending this guy, could put the company under in just a few years.

so what was blizz supposed to do? defend the guy for breaking the no politics rule, and get all their games possibly banned in china, in a few years go under having to dissolve the company?

or ban 1 guy and move on.

If blizzard gets banned in china, they will go bankrupt, and go under, plain and simple as that, do they keep going as normal, or ban a guy who went on their stream and broke their rules?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Political agenda? Democracy isn’t a political agenda, you are part of the problem.
    I mean to be fair, as much as I get what you are trying to say, Democracy is literally an Agenda.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I'm actually inclined to agree.

I wasn't expecting Blizz to come out and admonish China or lead the charge in HK or anything. But this action they took is just...

I don't even have words, it's a complete shit show.
    Guy broke blizzards rule by going on their stream and breaking their rules by bringign up politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck Blizzard. They just LOVE to sink themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    That shit ain't got nothing to do with me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I mean it literally is, even if i prefer democracy over anything else, it is a political agenda... Im sure you understand someone in china would say the same about what they have "X is not a political agenda, its just whats true!"

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    If blizzard gets banned in china, they will go bankrupt, and go under, plain and simple as that, do they keep going as normal, or ban a guy who went on their stream and broke their rules?
    The large font is obnoxious as fuck. Whilst I agree rules that you break knowingly have consequences, Blizzard would still be far from Bankrupt if they lost Chinese money.