Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by risks View Post
    Why did the interviewers get fired?
    They egged Blitzchung on to say 'the 8 words'.

7+ Year Old Account
    Really shitty thing to do but the sad truth is they have to kiss China's ass. A lot of their money comes from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Shocking.

Next thing you're telling me that all those corporations waving the gay pride flag on international gay pride day didn't do so because they believed in the cause but instead because it got them some easy extra bucks. Like, next thing you're telling me is that a big part of these woke companies don't actually give a flying fuck about feminism but instead just see it as an easy way too make some quick bucks out of stupid entitled bitches from San Francisco who act like they have it worse than women in the Middle East.

Like, like, like... you mean to tell me that companies just do whatever makes the most money and they don't have a moral compass? I just can't believe that.
    Amen (at the risk of offending someone)

This is proof.

I wonder of all the people that say blizzard made the right move also think Kaepernick and his hijacking of the NFL is just as bad or worse given the NFLs viewership.

I mean, it seems people are saying no politics in gaming no what what the politics are (good or bad).

*zero fucks given about Hong Kong for months, Blizzard fires some nerd*

Omgerd u giyz heer China is avul?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Politics have nothing to do with video games. Cut the shit out. Good job blizzard.
    This, kinda tired these days of people spouting their politics all over the place. Even random sport events like Women's Football felt more like a political crusade of the USA captain than chilling at night and watching a sport, heck even many ppl here in the NL totally tuned out of that stuff and couldn't care less facing them in the finals, a HS tournament like this is also not a place to vent. Good job by Blizzard in this one, they broke their rules, they are fired, case closed.

It's not like the dude plus both casters didn't know what they were doing, can try to laugh it off, but this isn't kindergarden anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Munson85 View Post
    *zero fucks given about Hong Kong for months, Blizzard fires some nerd*

Omgerd u giyz heer China is avul?
    Yeah it's like things happen and bring people's attention to things
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Amen (at the risk of offending someone)

This is proof.
    Yes, exactly. Expecting companies to be the arbiters of morality is beyond naive. Hell, I'd go as far as saying it's dangerous. I doubt there is a single Fortune 500 company that would have done it differently.

If you're angry, fine. Donate to Amnesty International or something. Don't pretend that every dime you spend isn't winding up in the wallet of some fat cat who doesn't give a fuck about human suffering, because whether you're buying an iPad or watching a Disney movie or eating at McDonalds, you're contributing to a corrupt capitalist system that is built on taking advantage of people.

I'm seeing all those people on the subreddit saying "I'm going to go play this other game instead." Like, wow. What a fucking hero you are, buddy.

Here's an idea, if you really care about the plight of these people, instead of going and paying some other greedy company your hard-earned money to play a game, how about you forego that entertainment and donate your time or money to actually changing things. Because you're not helping anyone in Hong Kong by giving your money to Wizards of the Coast instead of Blizzard.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2019-10-08 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    This, kinda tired these days of people spouting their politics all over the place. Even random sport events like Women's Football felt more like a political crusade of the USA captain than chilling at night and watching a sport, heck even many ppl here in the NL totally tuned out of that stuff and couldn't care less facing them in the finals, a HS tournament like this is also not a place to vent. Good job by Blizzard in this one, they broke their rules, they are fired, case closed.

It's not like the dude plus both casters didn't know what they were doing, can try to laugh it off, but this isn't kindergarden anymore.
    How can you support this? This was a pure money-driven move. Dont even try to dissuade me in believing it was made for the "greater good" of the environment of the tournament. Dont even try.

What Blizzard did is "understandable" but it SHOULDNT be incentivized or commemorated.

https://twitter.com/lackofrealism/st...39970332659712

"Not everyone at Blizzard agrees with what happened.

Both the "Think Globally" and "Every Voice Matters" values have been covered up by incensed employees this morning."

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    https://twitter.com/lackofrealism/st...39970332659712

"Not everyone at Blizzard agrees with what happened.

Both the "Think Globally" and "Every Voice Matters" values have been covered up by incensed employees this morning."
    Finally, something heartwarming on this thread thats cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Finally, something heartwarming on this thread thats cool
    They forgot winne the pooh.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    They forgot winne the pooh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Who had nothing to do with it, real classy blizz.
    Fuck this garbage company, everything they stand for and every fucking human waste that defends and supoorts this.
    I've already had Blizzard on 100% complete boycott (uninstalled every product, including battle.net, swore to never touch another product with their name on it) for almost a year...but this just cements my decision. I'm going to spread this news around.

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek?re...47463297486848

"If you work at Blizzard and want to speak privately about what's happening at the company right now, I'm available on Signal: 224-707-1561"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Who had nothing to do with it, real classy blizz.
    Fuck this garbage company, everything they stand for and every fucking human waste that defends and supoorts this.
    Actually they did. They egged him on to say the slogan.

After months of "Private Company your freedom of speech is protected from the United State of America Government"

Suddenly people who once supported censorship and Twitter, Reddit, MMOCHAMP, Twitch, Youtube and Facebook being private company and doesn't have to provide you with a platform...

I'm having a hard time with this, because honestly, Blizzard is a private company, unless you now support EVERYONE'S RIGHT to their freedom of speech.

I wonder how long people will talk about this and then forget China even exists outside of "Made in China" jokes when they get a low quality product. Maybe a week or two?
    Last edited by Megor96; 2019-10-08 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmaterasuNyan View Post
    I wonder how long people will care about this. Maybe a week or two?
    Currently actions value went down by 1.7%. So better for Blizz if people forget quickly.

Although I hope this will reach upcoming Blizzcon as Blizzard didn't use their right to be silent or neutral. Nobody was bashing them because they weren't supporting Hongkong protesters.

I wouldn't want to work at Blizz PR Department right now.
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 2019-10-08 at 07:30 PM.