Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    You don't care if China bans Hearthstone because you don't have to live in China. Well, fuck you for not caring about the millions of players who would lose access to the game they've spent lots of money on and enjoy playing. You don't have to live with the repercussions of your Internet activism. The citizens of China do.

Before you spout any bullshit about them moving out of China, I believe Mr. Trump is still president in the USA. When exactly are you going to move? I thought not.
    You're right i don't care if hearthstone was banned there. Standing up to China is worth more then money to me, and why would i move anywhere? I'm Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    You're right i don't care if hearthstone was banned there. Standing up to China is worth more then money to me, and why would i move anywhere? I'm Canadian.
    then you might as well stop using everything that has something chinese in it which includes pretty much everything nowadays such as your computer, your phone, your car etc lol

What do you have against chinese hearthstone players? You know, the people who would actually get punished if blizzard didnt ban him.

I'm gonna laugh when the PRC no longer exists, when the last of it functionaries cease and this ends up being a key turning point of global attitude towards the tyrannical communist regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    To say 'doesn't make it right' assumes that allowing this being said would be the right thing to do. But it's not right either.

I don't think people who are supporting HK here really know what is up with the whole political situation to understand what's actually been happening there. We think it's about liberation and freedom and suffrage, but the vibe I'm getting is it's just people who are anti-China jumping on a bandwagon to support people who are 'pro-freedom'.

The context though would be like if liberals were protesting for Trump to get kicked out of office, and furthermore, for California to separate from the US. There's a fantasy element to the HK protests that are simply unrealistic, and being promoted by a certain group moreso than reflect the full sentiment of all HK people.
    Yes, the situation is more complicated than "Blizzard bad guys anti freedom"

BUT having in consideration Blizzard went FULL RAMBO on this guy...for (supposedly) money...doesnt make it pretty
    edit: I think the full extent of the repercussions had a meaning behind it...and was not for the greater good of the tournament enviroment.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-10-08 at 08:16 PM.

your house and car covered in spray-painted rainbows and BLM messages?
    worst fucking example ever, try again.

So many gullible people in this thread. Imagine thinking Blizzard banned him for making a political statement. They banned him to keep China happy. Like many others said, money over democracy. A sad world we live in where a country with a authoritarian regime has so much power, and there are people defending it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    This would be fine if they just suspended him. They revoked his (small amount of) prize money and have been doing everything they can to bury this.

This whole thing is stupid you're right!
    they revoked the prize money per the contract rules. again he did so knowingly against the rules, blizzard taking action doesnt mean they support china but they would like to continue doing business there

Think about it another way. Let's say you support LGBT rights. Let's say you support the BLM movement. How would you feel if you came out of your house tomorrow morning to find your house and car covered in spray-painted rainbows and BLM messages? They're just trying to get their message out. Why do you care that they fucked up your house and car to do it?

That's basically what happened to Blizzard when this idiot said those things on Blizzard's platform. They can support his message, but not by risking the ability of all Chinese citizens to access their games.

There are ways to support certain types of movements, but very often that requires us to be discreet about it.
    Lmao this excuse is pathetic if you put even half a second though behind it. OH no speaking out about bad behavior, might lead to bad people doing more bad! We need to stop talking about it!!! If HS is banned in china, wanna know whos fault that is? not blizzard, not the grandmaster winner, not the interviewer, ITS CPC FAULT ONLY, PERIOD.

Any kind of protest against the CPC means shit, if all you idiots do are discreet agree, but actually in practice bow down to all their international whims. When all your movies are gona be shit made for China and all your video games are simply censored up the ass for china, because making two version of the same game is extra cost in a few decades, lets all applaud how every single industry bow to China, but lets be discreet and disagree with them!

As much as i hate Trump dumb ass, his broken clock is right once in a life time. Even if doesent even know why, China is a fucking blight for our consumers long run.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2019-10-08 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    they revoked the prize money per the contract rules. again he did so knowingly against the rules, blizzard taking action doesnt mean they support china but they would like to continue doing business there
    then lets petition our representatives to bar them from doing business with a rogue state.

Can't believe people are actually defending this. I mean I know these forums are bad, but wow.

So you dont basically care about the original reason why the protest was made, you just care about someone standing up to China? Nice motive dude.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Lmao this excuse is pathetic if you put even half a second though behind it. OH no speaking out about bad behavior, might lead to bad people doing more bad! We need to stop talking about it!!! If HS is banned in china, wanna know whos fault that is? not blizzard, not the grandmaster winner, not the interviewer, ITS CPC FAULT ONLY, PERIOD.
    The example presented is perfectly valid.

Blizzard can be opposed to the Chinese regime, but due to business interests they can't show this as they'd quickly be sanctioned by the PRC.

Compare it to your own job, walking up to your boss and loudly insulting him in earshot of dozens of other employees is not going to do you any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    blizzard taking action doesnt mean they support china but they would like to continue doing business there
    Yeah it kinda does, they knew there would be a backlash, but chinese money is more important than a good reputation.

Proof? Diablo immortal, chinese money > blizzard live fans and diablo fans, fuck em all chinese money is where it's at,

more proof? blizzard CEO paid more bonuses than most CEO's in the world and so much more than the average employee, blizzard support nothing but money, fuck everyone else.

7+ Year Old Account
    I should have figured you were Canadian. Your people don't stand up for anything.

Explain to us all how Blizzard would "stand up" to China? What would they accomplish? Yay! Now no one in China gets to play Blizzard games. Wheee! Blizzard won.
    I never said they should. What i said was it sucks that they have to. Sucking up to China is not worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    Can't believe people are actually defending this. I mean I know these forums are bad, but wow.
    Defending what? The fact that blizzard is enforcing their rules? He was not allowed to talk about politics. Simple fact - he agreed to it and still said fuck it. So blizzard said fuck it as well.

Nobody at blizzard said anything about hongkong/china or anything in that regard. Just a random mongo who thought he could abuse that esport event to shout out his political standpoint. Ban him - makes future events way better. Easy and good solution.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenno View Post
    What do you have against chinese hearthstone players? You know, the people who would actually get punished if blizzard didnt ban him.
    Nothing, what i don't like is their government.

Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    how so?

people that are somewhat defending them are doing so from an objective point of view. This guy knowingly broke the rules, he knew what would happen, he knew that he put blizzards business in china at risk and yet still went along with it. Blizzard did what they had to per the rules of the tournament, revoked his prize money and his ability to compete.

They're in damage control mode at the moment and many of you will forget about this by next week like many have forgotten about the hong kong thing already until this happened. People are reactionary and will react to the next big thing when it happens and forget all about this and continue on because this really doesnt affect them personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanya2 View Post
    The example presented is perfectly valid.

Blizzard can be opposed to the Chinese regime, but due to business interests they can't show this as they'd quickly be sanctioned by the PRC.

Compare it to your own job, walking up to your boss and loudly insulting him in earshot of dozens of other employees is not going to do you any favors.
    Depends is your boss a complete piece of corrupt shit who you and everyone else should stand upto? what if your boss is a paedophile but hey you need that job, fuck the children (literally) you need the money!

7+ Year Old Account
    So don't suck up to China. Oh wait. That means you're going to have a very difficult time surviving in your daily life when you realize all of the products you can no longer use because to do so would be to suck up to China.
    Ya it sucks but it can't be avoided. No matter what anyone does it life it will help someone doing something shitty.