Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Oh look a death bolt nerf

No need to fix any of afflictions issues, let's just nerf the only thing actually propping up the spec.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Additionally, it has been the dominant choice for Affliction’s level 15 talent row for much of the expansion. We’re reducing its effectiveness to bring it more in line with the other two options in that row.
    Really? Deathbolt is where they're choosing to draw that line? There are countless talents where that true, but instead of calling out say, Alacrity (a passive stat buff that's been on top for two entire expansions now), they're focusing on Deathbolt? What the hell guys?

10+ Year Old Account
    Great job @ the Warlock team. Looks like I will stay on my Rogue alt till the next expansion. *sad panda*

The bit about Affliction being built around dots had me laughing, we're built around a 3 min cooldown with wich we bring up our less than mediocre sustain damage.

It's so good they nerfef deathbolt as it gives us more choice!

Except drain soul is still a dps loss over taking no talent in that row at all, and nightfall is still substantially worse than deathbolt.

All they've done is nerf the one thing affliction could do ok.

Inb4 Gaidax posts about how good warlocks are and we need to be nerfed further.
    Last edited by JustaWarlock; 2019-10-08 at 12:31 PM.

deathbolt's effect needs to be applied to SB for affliction as it's portion of mastery utilization.

but, they also need to rehire Xelnath.
    they won't, so this game can further fade into the abyss.

The developer note is an absolute gem. "Everyone was picking least shitty talent so we nerfed it to make it in line with the rest"

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    The developer note is an absolute gem. "Everyone was picking least shitty talent so we nerfed it to make it in line with the rest"
    Well... as powerful as the darkglare+deathbolt combo is I doubt that any of the other two talents will be able to compete without them being reworked or buffed significantly.

IMO they might be worried that, due to scaling of DoTs, Darkglare+Deathbolt will be too powerful in certain situations, so they nerf it in advance without telling us the reasoning 'cause that would reveal even more of their shitty design choices.

Their reasoning brings up the questions: Why gave affliction deathbolt in the first place? A spec centered around damage over time should not have access to a powerful instant nuke. So why do we have it at all?

Trash reasoning for trash design.

5+ Year Old Account
    Only two days ago, one guy were cryng with panda-tears for Death Bolt nerf(as if it doing wrong job in spec all about DOTS, must not be spike damage things) seems someone listened to his tears.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cainium View Post
    Their reasoning brings up the questions: Why gave affliction deathbolt in the first place? A spec centered around damage over time should not have access to a powerful instant nuke. So why do we have it at all?
    Because despite what the forums might have you believe, the vast majority of players spend the vast majority of their time not raiding. DoTs are great on bosses but suck for quickly killing trash of world mobs. If you're out world questing or whatever, a rogue, mage, etc will have already killed the mob and moved on before you even have all your DoTs up. THAT is why a DoT spec needs a nuke. So that it doesn't take forever for kill anything solo.

Deathbolt is super fun, nothing wrong with it. It deals arround 20 to 30k for me without CDs. The nuke is only because of darkglare plus all other CDs stacked.
    I don't think 30k is bursty at all, even more for a 35 sec CD.

Scalling isn't the answer, since a great part of your damage comes from other sources now, afflic's miraculous scalling is long lost. Mastery isn't worth much anymore.

They probably will buff the other two or else it really doesn't make sense as an excuse and they just wanted to nerf afflic somehow.
    Thanks for the heads up!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    No need to fix any of afflictions issues, let's just nerf the only thing actually propping up the spec.
    you mean the spec that has been in the top and super easy to play for years?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you mean the spec that has been in the top and super easy to play for years?
    Aff is not currently at the top and invoking the past to justify poor design in BFA is incoherent.

Any way you try to spin it, a death bolt nerf makes no sense. And destro/demo aren't any harder to play than aff.
    Last edited by asil; 2019-10-08 at 07:00 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Aff is not currently at the top and invoking the past to justify poor design in BFA is incoherent.

Any way you try to spin it, a death bolt nerf makes no sense. And destro/demo aren't any harder to play than aff.
    I mean when i can run around in the open world just instantly putting corruption on anythign and everything with no issue...

I mean when i can run around in the open world just instantly putting corruption on anythign and everything with no issue...
    Do you even play a warlock lol? What does this have to do with anything? As someone that has played all 3 specs since at least BC, and raided at a fairly high level the entire time:

Affliction is not and has never been any easier to play than demo or destro. In legion, for example, aff was leaps and bounds harder to play than both demo and destro in pve, especially when you had to play MG. The spec had such a high skill cap it was insane. Demo on the other hand was a joke, so was destro.

In what universe does that death bolt nerf make any sense to you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you even play a warlock lol? What does this have to do with anything? As someone that has played all 3 specs since at least BC, and raided at a fairly high level the entire time:

Affliction is not and has never been any easier to play than demo or destro. In legion, for example, aff was leaps and bounds harder to play than both demo and destro in pve, especially when you had to play MG. The spec had such a high skill cap it was insane. Demo on the other hand was a joke, so was destro.

In what universe does that death bolt nerf make any sense to you?
    lololol affliction not easier then destro or demo.

yes because demo and destro can both just run around pressing 1 button on everything.

i mean i totally didnt just complete the entire new corrupted stormwind and orgrimmar scenario by just corrupting everything and kitting them, while destro and demo coudlnt even get close to completing them.

lololol affliction not easier then destro or demo.

yes because demo and destro can both just run around pressing 1 button on everything.

i mean i totally didnt just complete the entire new corrupted stormwind and orgrimmar scenario by just corrupting everything and kitting them, while destro and demo coudlnt even get close to completing them.

You quite literally have no idea what you are talking about and it's embarrassing. Not only because you think corruption and running around killing normal mobs is actually a thing that happens (given how absurdly weak corruption is) but because you think aff is better at stuff like this than demo.
    Last edited by asil; 2019-10-08 at 10:55 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Great job @ the Warlock team. Looks like I will stay on my Rogue alt till the next expansion. *sad panda*
    As if there's a warlock team lol.

It's one or two dudes messing around.

kind of a strange thing to nerf deathbolt out of all things. You would think they would at least try to fix the other two options. Ohwell, looks like its Destro for the rest of BFA

7+ Year Old Account
    You quite literally have no idea what you are talking about and it's embarrassing. Not only because you think corruption and running around killing normal mobs is actually a thing that happens (given how absurdly weak corruption is) but because you think aff is better at stuff like this than demo.
    i mean i can just go record it if you want and show you.
    and yeah please tell me what instant cast spells demo and destro have that arnt on long ass cooldowns?
    oh wait, none, aff is by far the best raiding spec for alot of the time this expansion and others simply because of how mobile it is compared to the other 2 turret specs, was great in BoD, was great in uld, was great in literally all of legion, and almost all of wod.

I know i died pretty badly, on ptr i dont have my bars properly set, im missing alot of stuff like racial and my heals, but here i am just running around dropping corruption on stuff then running as they die after i press 1 button, and these are creatures of my level. no azerite traits, and i dont even use my essence ability.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-10-09 at 12:14 AM.