Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I think the current class design issues will correct themselves with the next expansion. Legion essentially rebuilt every class from the ground up around artifacts, and in bfa they ripped the artifact out without any redesigns. Current class design is shredded Legion class design, essentially. I can't imagine they'll be stupid enough forgo class design for two expansions in a row, even if we are talking about Blizzard. Assuming that happens, I'm all for another class, but I do think the sheer number of classes is what makes them hesitate to work on balance for every expansion.
    That's what they get for redisgning class in every damn expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I think the current class design issues will correct themselves with the next expansion. Legion essentially rebuilt every class from the ground up around artifacts, and in bfa they ripped the artifact out without any redesigns. Current class design is shredded Legion class design, essentially. I can't imagine they'll be stupid enough forgo class design for two expansions in a row, even if we are talking about Blizzard. Assuming that happens, I'm all for another class, but I do think the sheer number of classes is what makes them hesitate to work on balance for every expansion.
    This is a nice meme but Legion class design was always pruned, dumbed-down shit with or without the artifacts.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Last time they gave us no new class or race, we sat in a Garrison with our thumbs up our butts.

Complaints about classes not being fun and bad balance have been around since vanilla and won't go away if blizzard doesn't add a new class.

It's a stupid, pointless complaint, because it's 100% subjective (the one about classes not being "fun") or 100% unachievable (you won't get perfectly balanced classes unless you replace them all with one class).

Can they do better? Ofc they can. And they are trying. Adding new class isn't going to change it though.

We shouldnt forget that Class Design is the way it is atm because Blizzard thought it was right.

Of course, Blizzard knows best whats for us, dont they?

Which is why Legion and BfA were such a huge success.

(although I liked Legion during 7.3, maybe that happens with 8.3 too? Either way, I got flying in BfA now, I am super happy)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    This is a nice meme but Legion class design was always pruned, dumbed-down shit with or without the artifacts.
    I didn't say it wasn't at all, just that bfa's 'design' is objectively even worse than that. I prefer WoD design personally, before the complete jumping off point for pruning, but also with some uniqueness for each class. Anything they do will be better than what we have though; they'll fill in the gaps they created.

They already make a lot of copy paste between specs. Adding another class won't help.

Like it or not, it's time for a ranged dps class.

Plus, there is a reason why they enforced personal loot, it allows them to make drop tables for items nobody else can use... like warglaives.

I agree current classes should be reverted to what they were in MOP.. but then again.. why can't we have both? a new class and better existing classes...

It should be blizzard has to learn to deal with this work load or they should just kill live wow. Stop leeting them take weights off the bar. Instead of just pressuring them to make the game their community wants people come here with excuses. People like the op enabled woww to get this bad by not letting blizzard learn this mistakes ealier. Always trying to take weights off the bar rather than letting them get over a hurdle.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

The currently existing classes have never been in a worse state than they are since Legion and BFA, with an abundance of problems including: spec fantasy was prioritized over existing class fantasy, ability pruning has compressed skill gaps and made gameplay stale and one dimensional, tuning problems exist in both PvE and PvP.

Therefore it should be a bigger priority of the development team to fix the existing 36 specs and ensure that every single one of them is fun to play, mechanically interesting, feels connected to the greater class first with the specialization being more secondary, and well tuned for PvE and PvP content, BEFORE introducing any new specs or classes into the game.
    agreed
    ...but I don't see how they would advertise on that "hey folks, check out this new expansion in which we corrected class design and made them fun again!" over "hey folks, check out this new expansion which adds brand new Demo... err Tinkers (that play just like any other tank/heal/dps with slight variance in ability icons and spell effects)"

Honestly I can't stomach current WoW, and No it's NOT like I grow out of WoW/got bored over the years or so. I can play perfect fine anything between vanilla-tbc-wotlk(expecially) even if I don't fancy certain things, had quite A LOT of fun playing cata-mop--- even WoD, mainly PVP.
    Something terrible happened at the Legion pre-patch that made me not interested in classes from that time onward. They feel shallow, weird, disconnected...
    I don't see them getting things on rail (at least for my PoV) anytime soon tho. WoW design just went bonkers on its identity and legacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    They already make a lot of copy paste between specs. Adding another class won't help.
    yes, current WoW gameplay feels more like playing some kind of Guitar Hero and classes/specs are just slighty different kind of tracks. I don't mean that they are easy or anything just because theres just that few abilities, in fact I believe WoW now is harder than ever before. It's just that it has that arcade/action game type of "hardines" rather than "know how" vibres it used to have in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Complaints about classes not being fun and bad balance have been around since vanilla and won't go away if blizzard doesn't add a new class.

It's a stupid, pointless complaint, because it's 100% subjective (the one about classes not being "fun") or 100% unachievable (you won't get perfectly balanced classes unless you replace them all with one class).

Can they do better? Ofc they can. And they are trying. Adding new class isn't going to change it though.
    It's also a batter of resources. There's not a snowballs chance in hell of having 36 specs in the game that are both fun and balanced.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    The currently existing classes have never been in a worse state than they are since Legion and BFA, with an abundance of problems including: spec fantasy was prioritized over existing class fantasy, ability pruning has compressed skill gaps and made gameplay stale and one dimensional, tuning problems exist in both PvE and PvP.

Therefore it should be a bigger priority of the development team to fix the existing 36 specs and ensure that every single one of them is fun to play, mechanically interesting, feels connected to the greater class first with the specialization being more secondary, and well tuned for PvE and PvP content, BEFORE introducing any new specs or classes into the game.
    Please, please, please stop thinking there are one or two people working on this game (even as little as Blizz spends on it). They can absolutely do both, and do both well.

Do people really not remember Wrath, MoP, and Legion? They provided a new class and in each of those expansions at the same time that they made notable changes to the existing classes.

We live here in the United States of Amnesia.
    No one remembers anything before Monday morning.

- Gore Vidal, Why We Fight

yes, tho Legion's artifact made me realize that I prefer having many small talents rather than just a few big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Monk absolutely grabbed abilities from other classes (transcendence/transfer, disarm, paralysis (gouge) etc.). They simply didn't take them away from the other classes because back in MoP the devs were o.k. with some level of overlap for the sake of having overall more healthy, well rounded classes.
    Don't get me wrong. I love(d) monks (up until Legion). Really fun and interesting class. But judging by the way they approach class design these days, do you really think they could add another class like monks into the game without completely fucking over at least one existent spec/class?

Windwalker monks themselves got shafted pretty hard by DHs which basically did everything they did but better.
    Since they've done it before I know they can do it again. Whether they will or not, or have the will to do so is another thing. Given the way a fairly vocal portion of their player base has been shitting all over their class design (well deserved, imo) I have to assume that they're paying attention and want to address it.

But the efforts of introducing a new class and repairing the damage done to existing classes doesn't have to be in conflict. I honestly think the important thing is to have a class that is distinct enough thematically that it doesn't immediately step on the toes of existing classes. This is why I'd rather not see a Necromancer or Dark Ranger. Thematically, those are awfully similar to what we already have. But introduce something unique and it should be more than doable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by this is caranthir View Post
    If everything feels the same it shouldn't be hard for them to come up with a new unique class.
    Blizzard has the resources to both create a new class and rework the others.

PS: you don't need to play all classes at max level.
    So let me get this right, you think it's 100% rational for people to demand a new class, aka a new experience when they've never played other current classes at max level? The whole concept of playing a new class is still there then, there's no reason for a new class if they have new experiences waiting for them. Catering to a crowd that's picky and only wants a new class for the sake of it being "new" are irrational players who I hope blizzard never listens to.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    But now we are at the point where no one feels like they can do anything besides rogues that can use shroud for mythic+ and that's it. And what's wrong with everyone feeling like they could do everything? At least that's fun.
    What? No.

As I warlock I bring healthstones and wardrobe and portal - noone can do dat
    As a rouge u have shroud, tricks, perma sealth, sap etc.
    As a hunter you have overpowered pet, binding shot, bloodlust, pet utilities
    And so on. I do agree some classes are lacking. Like maybe warrior, mage, priest but every other class has something unique that can be utilized in various situations.

All we need right now is to add some utilities to classes that are lacking and done.

Yes, it should.

It was they themselves that chose to break all classes with Legion. They didn't need to do that. So, i don't see why we should pay for it.

They made the mess, they clean it up on their own time. I'm not paying them to press the reset button and give me less content.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-10-09 at 12:01 AM.

I'm down for a new class but it's usually tied to the theme of the expansion. Death Knight with Wrath, Monk with MoP, Demon Hunter with Legion, etc. The problem with adding Tinker is that it implies a tech themed expansion, which idk if I want.

Blizzard could break the trend of having a class that relates to the expansion, but I'd rather them not. If anything, I'll take two. One that relates and Tinker.

5+ Year Old Account
    You cant sell xpac without new class, lets say it brings a joy for pvpers to kill not 1001100 paladin but rather somthing new, try new skills feel vibes from lvling somthing new. Players that moved from a game come back to try new class to see why new generation so hyped about even if they would not last long enough than 1-4 months.

Yep some can say MoP isnt good, yes but it was BEST we seen so far and can only hope to see something that has class design EVEN better than in MoP.
    (MoP,WotK,Legion my most favorite addons, but still best class design only MoP)
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-10-09 at 12:27 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I predict TWO new classes, Tink AND Neco!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    New classes are probably the biggest draw an expansion can have. It's no surprise that expansions without one (Cata, WoD, BfA) aren't very well received compared to those with one (WotLK, MoP, Legion).
    Those expansions got a poor reception for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they included a new class, and a new class wouldn't have stopped people from complaining about their flaws, see: all the complaining (and there was a shitload of it) during Legion that people just forgot about for some reason...

IMO Legion was a fucking garbage expansion because of the damage they did to the classes, and while Leigon was current that was very much a commonly held opinion among the community, but as soon as it ended people forgot about it because BFA did even worse.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-10-09 at 12:46 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.