Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Can't you say the same thing about pretty much any country?

Obviously China's human right's violations need to be addressed, but I don't understand why this, of all things, has seemingly blown up as big as it has. Countries (and gamers) don't seem to have much problem doing business with the US (or US companies) despite our concentration camps and worthless man-child of a President.
    Apples to oranges.

The US doesn't silence people for criticizing US policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    What about the US is pointless. We have problems, that doesn't mean we can't criticize them all and do what we can. That's a huge fundamental difference though between here and china.
    Except not too long ago we had what seemed like an entire half of the political spectrum up in arms because a man chose to sit/kneel during the anthem. Demanding that he be fired and calling him unAmerican.

But if there's such a fundamental problem with China, why have people not been marching outside of Blizzard HQ for even working with Chinese companies and hosting Chinese events/tournaments in the first place?

And I'll ask you what I asked another poster: If someone on the NA Grandmasters stream makes it a point to deliver a political statement for/against Trump, do you think Blizzard would ban that person?
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-10-09 at 12:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except not too long ago we had what seemed like an entire half of the political spectrum up in arms because a man chose to sit/kneel during the anthem. Demanding that he be fired and calling him unAmerican.

But if there's such a fundamental problem with China, why have people not been marching outside of Blizzard HQ for even working with Chinese companies and hosting Chinese events/tournaments in the first place?

And I'll ask you what I asked another poster: If someone on the NA Grandmasters stream makes it a point to deliver a political statement for/against Trump, do you think Blizzard would ban that person?
    If whatabout is all you're going to rely on I'm not even going to bother. I'm not here to tell you what others think. I'm not here for your own grand stand. I'm not here to say what blizzard may or may not do. I'm not here into your what if garbage. I'm going by what we have now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Honestly if people want to blame someone, blame Bobby "Satan" Kotick.
    you guys do realize bobby kotick hasn't been the acting president of activision for some time now right?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Good.

Politics don't belong in games (or sports or anywhere else that is not political). All politics do is divide, which is counter productive for anything non-political.
    Ummm... what Blizzard did WAS politically motivated. It's a zero-sum game here.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    If whatabout is all you're going to rely on I'm not even going to bother. I'm not here to tell you what others think. I'm not here for your own grand stand. I'm not here to say what blizzard may or may not do. I'm not here into your what if garbage. I'm going by what we have now.
    Oh get bent. It's not "what if garbage" if the contention is that Blizzard only did this because they're kowtowing to China's censorious overlords. You know damned well they'd do the same thing if some dumbass came on camera with an antifa mask ranting about how Trump needs to be impeached.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh get bent. It's not "what if garbage" if the contention is that Blizzard only did this because they're kowtowing to China's censorious overlords.
    What's the alternative explanation?

You know damned well they'd do the same thing if some dumbass came on camera with an antifa mask ranting about how Trump needs to be impeached.
    I don't even know what that means, it sounds like another apples to oranges comparison.

Update:
    Oh did you mean China would fire somebody who criticizes US policy? It wouldn't happen because nobody cares if anybody anywhere criticizes the US government.
    Last edited by PC2; 2019-10-09 at 02:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    I used tumblr as a synonym for leftists. Sorry for not being more clear.
    Hence why your avatar is of a fucking moron I guess. Because only a Trump supporter would be so senile as to think that Tumblr is in any way representative of the American left and not just a bunch of morons on the internet.

Kinda like how 4chan isn't representative of the American right and is just a bunch of morons on the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    TBF, like every game now seems to have a woman with that retarded looking half-shave haircut, where one side is long but the other is buzz cut.

But that's more to do with a style I don't like being repeated over and over and over again than any comment on feminism or politics.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2019-10-09 at 02:08 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I don't even know what that means, it sounds like another apples to oranges comparison.
    Is basically all he's got is the conclusion I've come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    This is a great example for how free market libertarian ideologies trend into straight up fascism.
    "See how bad and evil capitalism is, it will deal with straight up evil communists, CHECK MATE!"

Brilliant hot take.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Good.

Politics don't belong in games (or sports or anywhere else that is not political). All politics do is divide, which is counter productive for anything non-political.
    Almost cut myself on the edge of this post.

Jesus tap dancing Christ can there be one thing in the world we can enjoy without it becoming a political shit show where you have to take a moral stand?
    Last edited by Canpinter; 2019-10-09 at 03:43 AM.

DO YOU GUYS NOT HAVE HUMAN RIGHTS?

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...99/421/136.jpg

Infracted - Minor Spam
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2019-10-09 at 05:20 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Posted in the casual version of this thread...guess Ill repost what I wrote here.

Blizzard just showed the world that as an American company they'll sell you out to the Chinese government.

I would have been one thing if they fined him for political speech or something. I dont agree but now 100% throwing the guy under the bus. They straight up took his money. He might have violated some rules but he still won. Don't invite him back, fine him, but dont just take all the money from him.

This is a purely financial move and consumers, players, gamers, streamers need to recognize their power. Blizzard, and massive corporations like Blizzard, only understand money. They will their values and yours to the highest bidder. They can only do that if you allow it. Throw your hands up, and youre surrendering yourself and your money to this behavior.

Blizzard makes video games that aren't even original. Stop being little e-fiends.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Since a lot of the posts in here seem to run on the extreme side, I'd like to drop a realistic take.

I think there is a very real possibility that all the competitors are foretold to not use camera time for personal agendas. By this I believe that some reaction is warranted and justified by blizzard. It is their platform, they would likely punish any transgression.
    Regardless of that feeling, this swift retribution stinks of being pro-Chinese and clearly choosing a side.

I think a lot of this other nonsense is superfluous;
    Human Rights: hard truth here, the Chinese don't have human rights, since God isn't here to provide a sovereign backing to human rights, the only force that ensures your human rights is the country you live in. China has no such protections (well they may have a token outline that im unaware of, but their track record is clear). Arguing for the Chinese human rights makes about as much sense as saying their 1st amendment rights are being violated.

Boycott: this is unfortunately completely pointless, ironically you would only be hurting non- Chinese with a Blizz boycott. Really it's token nonsense, you are posting here and reading this forum on devices largely manufactured in China, with materials from China. If you were to leave your house without anything that is Chinese, you'd probably be naked.
    Im not saying don't Boycott Blizz, they should know people are pissed, I'm saying realize that because of your location, that boycott isn't effecting the Chinese and make a choice on who the real problem is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Boycott: this is unfortunately completely pointless, ironically you would only be hurting non- Chinese with a Blizz boycott. Really it's token nonsense, you are posting here and reading this forum on devices largely manufactured in China, with materials from China. If you were to leave your house without anything that is Chinese, you'd probably be naked.
    *drinks slurpee noisily*

https://i.imgur.com/lzAQU91.jpg

Infracted - Minor Spam
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2019-10-09 at 05:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean that sucks for the guy I guess but it’s not The people who are gonna whine about blizzards choice will actually stop buying all Chinese products or cut all business ties to any thing related to China.

No one really cares about what China is doing so why should blizzard?

- - - Updated - - -

*drinks slurpee noisily*

Do you really think posting a meme is actually doing any thing? If you feel strongly about it actually do something go protest your self or raise funds for those who do or other wise give to the cause instead of pretending you care.

7+ Year Old Account
    *drinks slurpee noisily*

i love how this is posted literrally every fucking time, quickly allows you to find the idiots.

yeah, if you are going to make a protest "WE MUST SHOW CHINA WE ARE NOT GUNNA USE THEIR PRODUCTS ANYMORE" but then just turn around and use their products, then what the fuck are you doing? at this point its targeted attacking.

its not "Cars should have seatbelts, but you are using them" people are saying "WE SHOULDNT USE CHINESE PRODUCTS.... but im gunna"
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2019-10-09 at 05:22 AM. Reason: broke image link
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i love how this is posted literrally every fucking time, quickly allows you to find the idiots.

yeah, if you are going to make a protest "WE MUST SHOW CHINA WE ARE NOT GUNNA USE THEIR PRODUCTS ANYMORE" but then just turn around and use their products, then what the fuck are you doing? at this point its targeted attacking.

its not "Cars should have seatbelts, but you are using them" people are saying "WE SHOULDNT USE CHINESE PRODUCTS.... but im gunna"
    It's like sideshow bob bitching about television but could only do so while on TV.

I don't think people are getting that irony.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    It's worse than that, because China has been rife with human rights violations for, what, decades...and Blizzard has been working with Chinese companies for years while these same people happily consumed their products. But suddenly someone they've never heard about gets banned from a tournament they weren't watching for pulling a political stunt, and everyone loses their minds.