Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Blizzard just showed the world that as an American company they'll sell you out to the Chinese government.
    People keep saying this but is that the case. Would people be just as out raged if they said anti-republican stuff? Or any politics. Have they allowed others to get away with political statements on official broadcasts? It seems less about the message and what is going on and more about policy point. The problem is no one will see that because we have people like you that will only see one result and want to enrage and flame the fire to get across the death of Blizzard.

Many corporations and the like have rules against making political statements or other "hot topic" statements during company things. Retail stores have it. Blizzard was entirely right to do what they did for violating a policy. If they didn't then it would open up the doors to political statements from anyone on any side of the issue. The true crime are all the idiots that are using this to crucify a company when they don't really give a crap about the issue at all. Or are unwilling to accept political statements about every issue.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Cancelled my sub. They could have given him a small slap on the wrist but they want to be friends with a regime that kills political opponents and harvest their organs so they slam the player as hard as they can. Interesting choice, maybe blizz managers get a free kidney transplant for x-mas? Anyway, played since vanilla wow, goodbye blizz.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    how about we take this hard decision away then? and just ban all trade with a tyrannical regime?
    And the only ones getting screwed in that situation are the people, the tyrants will just go out of the country to get what they want and let the people suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by irspacehamster View Post
    Cancelled my sub. They could have given him a small slap on the wrist but they want to be friends with a regime that kills political opponents and harvest their organs so they slam the player as hard as they can. Interesting choice, maybe blizz managers get a free kidney transplant for x-mas? Anyway, played since vanilla wow, goodbye blizz.
    Can i have your gold?

You gonna end up 'punishing' nobody but yourself.

But never forget fight for your rights!! On the internet!! On a video game forum!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    People keep saying this but is that the case. Would people be just as out raged if they said anti-republican stuff? Or any politics. Have they allowed others to get away with political statements on official broadcasts? It seems less about the message and what is going on and more about policy point. The problem is no one will see that because we have people like you that will only see one result and want to enrage and flame the fire to get across the death of Blizzard.

Many corporations and the like have rules against making political statements or other "hot topic" statements during company things. Retail stores have it. Blizzard was entirely right to do what they did for violating a policy. If they didn't then it would open up the doors to political statements from anyone on any side of the issue. The true crime are all the idiots that are using this to crucify a company when they don't really give a crap about the issue at all. Or are unwilling to accept political statements about every issue.
    1) Theres a huge difference between speaking on political issues vs bending to an actual oppressive government. If the guy went up there with a MAGA Hat I would just think he is a clown but wouldn't think he deserved to have his money taken away from him. Blizzard wouldn't take all his money for wearing a BLM t-shirt or a red cap.

2) I acknowledge that man corporations have a 'no political statement rule'. Thats fine if they actually enforce it. They're playing into politics by appeasing China, so when they say 'no politics' they mean 'no politics from the opinions that give us less money than the other'.

Would they ban someone wearing a PRIDE pendant? No because that community and its allies would come down on them faster than a Soviet hammer. Blizzard would feel it in their wallet and to make amends with haste. Because Blizzard really only cares about $$$. They might say they are politically neutral, they aren't.

If you're okay with a company selling you and itself to the highest bidder, then ride with Blizzard. No one is stopping you. If you have a little bit of integrity, you know what to do. That goes for all companies, not just Blizzard.

The true crime are all the idiots that are using this to crucify a company when they don't really give a crap about the issue at all. Or are unwilling to accept political statements about every issue.
    People dont have to care about the Hong Kong protesters to see that what Blizzard did is problematic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post

You gonna end up 'punishing' nobody but yourself.
    Thats a weird take on boycotts. You're not punishing yourself. You're not really pushing the company. Its just saying, I'm not going to participate in this thing that you're doing because I don't agree with it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    That's a bit harsh. Blizzard already banned him. Insulting him is going too far.

What he did may have been stupid, but he has already been punished.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. That will surely help free Hong Kong. What kind of drugs are you taking? You act like Blizzard has some magical way to liberate Hong Kong.

What exactly are you doing for the people of Hong Kong? Posting your bullshit on the Internet doesn't help them. Put up or shut up.

Get on a plane to Hong Kong, then get back to us. Until then, STFU.
    Hey assclown, I canceled my wow sub. Suck it.

Infracted - Flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2019-10-09 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lionofwar87 View Post
    Hey assclown, I canceled my wow sub. Suck it. [IMG]https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/71941034_10218867671790079_5401479170712666112_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQlqLY1kuibpnjYGPz 15-JRu5FF3_AtTn5iPjbonCxqFiQ4t6CLL4QKrIaK4vpEUbOA&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=49f9ed45a64eed0dcc7578c31dff3071&oe=5E2A277F[IMG]
    100 social justice credits have been added to your account.

15+ Year Old Account
    1) Theres a huge difference between speaking on political issues vs bending to an actual oppressive government. If the guy went up there with a MAGA Hat I would just think he is a clown but wouldn't think he deserved to have his money taken away from him. Blizzard wouldn't take all his money for wearing a BLM t-shirt or a red cap.
    There is not a huge difference. Political statements are against the rules every official participant in Blizzard esports agrees too. They did not bend to an oppressive government. They enforced their already existing rules. This shows how you are looking at the incident with an inherent bias rather then objectively. and how do you know that Blizzard wouldn't take money away for other political statements? Have they failed to do so in the past?

Or are you channeling hate and rage at blizzard and ignoring the objective facts simply to rage?

People dont have to care about the Hong Kong protesters to see that what Blizzard did is problematic.
    And yet that is the literal only reason why it matters. You and others are making this about the Chinese government and its protestors when it is all about political statements and already existing rules being enforced. It is problematic to enforce existing rules? Where was your outrage prior to this incident? Why do you and all the rest only care now that it was enforced?

I can tell you why. This is just the latest reason to hate on Blizzard and the last "outrage culture" fad.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

There is not a huge difference. Political statements are against the rules every official participant in Blizzard esports agrees too. They did not bend to an oppressive government. They enforced their already existing rules. This shows how you are looking at the incident with an inherent bias rather then objectively. and how do you know that Blizzard wouldn't take money away for other political statements? Have they failed to do so in the past?

Or are you channeling hate and rage at blizzard and ignoring the objective facts simply to rage?

And yet that is the literal only reason why it matters. You and others are making this about the Chinese government and its protestors when it is all about political statements and already existing rules being enforced. It is problematic to enforce existing rules? Where was your outrage prior to this incident? Why do you and all the rest only care now that it was enforced?

I can tell you why. This is just the latest reason to hate on Blizzard and the last "outrage culture" fad.
    But if it's just because they violated the rules, why fire the casters? They did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    But if it's just because they violated the rules, why ban the casters? They did nothing wrong.
    Or did they?

Can I have your gold? Really? What are you, 12?? The only power i got is my subscription. I choose to use it. Expressing my opinion on the internet might be like a butterfly flapping its wings hoping for a hurricane...but its better then a slow moral death just watching how a dictatorship gets more and more influential by economic conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Or did they?
    Mind explaining why the casters deserved to get fired?

10+ Year Old Account

So you actually believe that only reason people would take issue with Blizzard's actions if the need to rage? That makes zero since.

None of this has to do with corporations selling0 out to China and China trying to export its bullshit. China certainly isnt trying to bully other US entities into adopting its policies. Has nothing to do with the way Blizzard took money from the winner when they could have fined or suspended him. Nope, its just a fad and people are looking for an exuse to hate on China and Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Mind explaining why the casters deserved to get fired?
    Because China said so

I mean outrage culture.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    But if it's just because they violated the rules, why fire the casters? They did nothing wrong.
    Maybe they did? Do we know what their contracts said? I saw a post saying they asked the guy to repeat it in Chinese. That right there could be enough to violate a part of their contract. Look I am all for hate against the actions of the Chinese government. This is a shitty situation all around. They guy broke the rules of Blizzard. Blizzard enforced it with out prejudice.

Would people be just as up in arms if it was a white power message? Anti-Abortion? Or some other hot topic. What if the tournament player made an anti-gay political statement? Should he have been kept on by blizzard? The hate against Blizzard is unwarranted. The hate for the Chinese government is not. It should be channeled to those who are wrong, the government, and not channeled into a scapegoat, blizzard.

and? that's predicated on the assumption said game will actually sell.
    meanwhile the reaction it's announcement caused suggests that it won't find a market outside of china, furthermore the availability of the Chinese market might not exist by the time the game comes out.
    making it's development a total loss for the company.
    The market in china is equal to or greater than that in the west due to that one country having more people in it than Europe and Americas combined. Not just that but Japan and South Korea also travel hours by train in commute so they also love their mobile games.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeknightX View Post
    Well first of all....Fuck Authoritarianism
    First of all... Fuck scumshit HK rioter fuckers. People who go around destroying shops, offices and beating people who do not lick their stupid US-bought asses. I doubt you'd be that eager to kiss up to them if they were banging your skull in.

That's from August. There's much more since then.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Please, anyone going to Blizzcon don't let this go unpunished

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    blizzard is american. it shouldn't be upholding the ideals of anti-freedom pieces of shit like the PRC.

it oughta be flatly illegal to even do business in china as an american company. the fact that a senator spoke out about this is good, and i hope something can be legally done to them for this.

fucking filthy greed-driven dogs, this is why i want reigns tightened on corporate america, THIS is what "free trade" gets you, fucking bastards like this stepping on american culture to appease a foreign government.
    No it should never be against the law to do business in any foreign country ever. The people in that country should not be punished by the whims of the despots. They should not be told "Unless you die in a bloody revolution you get nothing you shits." instead it should be encouraged to use outside companies. The people are not responsible and should be allowed to have the same goods we have. Lines on map be fucking damned and burned.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you actually believe that only reason people would take issue with Blizzard's actions if the need to rage? That makes zero since. None of this has to do with corporations selling0 out to China and China trying to export its bullshit. China certainly isnt trying to bully other US entities into adopting its policies. Has nothing to do with the way Blizzard took money from the winner when they could have fined or suspended him. Nope, its just a fad and people are looking for an exuse to hate on China and Blizzard.
    You encouraged people to rise up in protest. A fine is taking money from the winner. See. You are justifying the same actions but only seeing them in a different light because it supports your narrative. Of course it is a fad. It is all over the place with people that don't even care about Blizzard calling for a boycott and calling them evil. You have to be a literal idiot to think that there is no outrage culture involved.

Yes people are looking for an excuse. You are using sarcasm to prove how terrible it is that Blizzard enforced no-politics rules. That right there shows that you are looking for an excuse. It shouldn't matter what country is involved if Blizzard cracking down on political messages is bad. Yet you keep bringing up reasons for why China is bad and thus Blizzard is bad.

You literally said you are fine with a company having no politics policies. Only when it comes to China you are not fine. You are making it all about China and not about Blizzard actually enforcing a policy. You are saying it is only bad because they did it to a person that is anti-chinese. That is hypocritical. Why can anyone else make a political statement and you are fine with it?

2) I acknowledge that man corporations have a 'no political statement rule'. Thats fine if they actually enforce it. They're playing into politics by appeasing China, so when they say 'no politics' they mean 'no politics from the opinions that give us less money than the other'.
    Hypocrite. You said it is fine if they enforce it. They did so and they are bad for doing it. That is a prime example of outrage culture. It is only bad when I say it is bad even though I said it is perfectly fine a moment ago.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-10-09 at 04:27 AM.

how about we take this hard decision away then? and just ban all trade with a tyrannical regime?
    Why should people be punsihed for something outside their control? Or do you want them to die in a brutal crackdown? Alive even in shit is better than dead.