Thread: Is this N'zoth?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's absolutely ridiculous especially due to the fact that we basically know nothing about him or Nyalotha. So it seems like a great idea to face him in his domain where he has all of his newly released power...
    Ny'Alotha and the Black Empire should be an entire expansion. N'zoth should show up and harass and talk to us across the entire expansion like the Lich King did in WotLK. This formula basically writes itself, and is proven to be high-end quality. How it is that Blizzard doesn't understand this I don't know. Trying to cram everything into a single patch is pure fucking failure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    He is going to get banish into the xal'ath blade.
    Yeah, because THAT makes sense. An old god so powerful and dangerous, they had to trap it inside one of the most magic-infused and powerful planets in the universe. But here, jam that into a stupid knife.

If that's what Blizzard thinks they're going to do, then they should kick their writers squarely in the head to shake some sense loose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Ny'Alotha and the Black Empire should be an entire expansion. N'zoth should show up and harass and talk to us across the entire expansion like the Lich King did in WotLK. This formula basically writes itself, and is proven to be high-end quality. How it is that Blizzard doesn't understand this I don't know. Trying to cram everything into a single patch is pure fucking failure.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, because THAT makes sense. An old god so powerful and dangerous, they had to trap it inside one of the most magic-infused and powerful planets in the universe. But here, jam that into a stupid knife.

If that's what Blizzard thinks they're going to do, then they should kick their writers squarely in the head to shake some sense loose.
    We knew nothing about Ny'alotha, so to say "It could be an entire expansion" kind of works for literally anything we don't know about. Black Empire could still be something that happens, we don't know if we actually kill N'zoth or not yet. It is like the whole Argus thing, where people wanted it to be a whole expansion but really, what unique cultures would you think would still exist on the LEGION homeworld? It was destined to be a shithole right from the get go.

Does anyone else here find the idea of us EVER encountering N'zoth directly.....ridiculous? I mean, this is a straight up old god we're talking about here. Not an avatar, or a tiny little piece like when we fought Yogg'Saron in Ulduar, or C'thun. The real deal. It would be like us having a raid fight against Sargeras. Just stupid....

I really hope they don't try to have a raid where we banish him.
    The Old Gods aren't Titans, they are far, far weaker in fact. Given that we slew a nascent Titan, I don't think taking on a released OG is out of question considering we'll have two powerful items (the Heart and Wrathion's cloak) at our disposal plus NPC help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The Old Gods aren't Titans, they are far, far weaker in fact. Given that we slew a nascent Titan, I don't think taking on a released OG is out of question considering we'll have two powerful items (the Heart and Wrathion's cloak) at our disposal plus NPC help.
    But we fought the Titan with the help of the Pantheon, in the Seat of the Pantheon.

Here we'll fight N'zoth, in his own home we know nothing about, while he probably has the possibility to harm Azeroth in the process so we can't unleash nuclear-bomb-level weapons against him either (or that'll end the same way it did with Y'shaarj).

I don't know what you mean... he looks exactly like the hearthstone artwork. That is; bar the stormy weather and tentacles, which are left underwater/ground with this model.

We can't actually kill the old gods, so sealing him in something is the next best thing.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Welcome back super bad 2d backround like argus..

I missed ya..

Realy why doesnt blizz sees this.. that playform with mobs on front seems like the only real thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    We knew nothing about Ny'alotha, so to say "It could be an entire expansion" kind of works for literally anything we don't know about. Black Empire could still be something that happens, we don't know if we actually kill N'zoth or not yet. It is like the whole Argus thing, where people wanted it to be a whole expansion but really, what unique cultures would you think would still exist on the LEGION homeworld? It was destined to be a shithole right from the get go.
    This.. we never knew how big or what exactly it is until now. Like people said argus would be a whole expansion.
    Dude a full year with black piramides is dull as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Damn this picture hurts me

Hope that's not finished because that's... bad

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Welcome back super bad 2d backround like argus..

I missed ya..

Realy why doesnt blizz sees this.. that playform with mobs on front seems like the only real thing.
    The only 2D part is the skybox in the far back--a row of mountains on the left, a temple in the middle, and the tentacle.

The platform you speak of and the big temple and mountains behind and to the right of it are real objects and terrain. I don't think it's a terrible effect, really. I thought it was pretty cool on Argus, there was a lot of nice details in it. That tentacle probably moves, even.

I know Blizzard will probably try to aim for scale, which is fine, but if they do and we fight him in all his glory I really hope it’s not just another Deathwing fight. Just the head somewhere in the background and we fight his tentacles for most of the encounter on different platforms.
    Think it would be cool if maybe every 10% or so of his health he transforms into a different enemy or known NPC with specific mechanics (doesn’t have to be that crazy amount) using his ability to cause people to have visions.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    No, this is Patrick

but yeah its him, with half tentacles
    Patrick's super saiyan form!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Damn this picture hurts me

Hope that's not finished because that's... bad
    Given the fact that it looks like the background is drawn/painted, i would go on a limb and say most likely no.
    Knowing blizz though..it could very well be the finished version. LOL
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Well,just like they did with Argus. Instead of making the whole BfA about the war against the old gods, we had idiotic faction war and in the end of expansion, we get to fight the N'zoth. Brilliant.
    If somebody is watching the Walking Dead series, the Alliance reminds me of the Rick and the survivors and the Horde reminds me of the Negan and the saviors in season 7 - The Horde comes into your base, takes whatever it wants and,eventually, Alliance is ending up saying "thank you for that".

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Well,just like they did with Argus. Instead of making the whole BfA about the war against the old gods, we had idiotic faction war and in the end of expansion, we get to fight the N'zoth. Brilliant.
    3 out of 4 raids in BfA are about Old Gods...

It was never a faction war expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I don't know if Black Empire would work as an entire expansion after 8.3. Sure 6.2 was all about the Legion and then Legion happened but 8.3 all about N'zoth/Black Empire and then the entirety of 9.0 about the Black Empire too? Might be too much. I wish they would do it but with wasting Nyalotha and N'zoth I don't see this happening.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    That model you linked feels more like a minion of N'zoth..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    This.. we never knew how big or what exactly it is until now. Like people said argus would be a whole expansion.
    Dude a full year with black piramides is dull as hell.
    What are you talking about?
    1-Just imagine that you are the lead designer of a new expansion.
    2-The theme that you want to follow is: Black Empire.
    3-You just make it clear to your

Are you sure that your whole team will only bring you concept arts and storylines about Black Piramids? Because if you think that's the case, really, your team sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    But we fought the Titan with the help of the Pantheon, in the Seat of the Pantheon.

Here we'll fight N'zoth, in his own home we know nothing about, while he probably has the possibility to harm Azeroth in the process so we can't unleash nuclear-bomb-level weapons against him either (or that'll end the same way it did with Y'shaarj).
    Whats says we know nothing about his home turf? I was under the impression that part of 8.3's lore is delving into his mind and foreseen futures to learn about him/Ny'alotha and prod for weaknesses. Plus we already know Xal'atah (or the blade that held her at least) is kryptonite to him. I wouldn't be surprised if N'zoth is sealed inside the blade instead of slain, albeit that would be a slight letdown as well since that means BfA would have 3 final bosses survive their encounter.

N'zoth is an Old God awakened, but he's still the weakest one of the bunch, and we heroes have felled demon lords, elemental lords, massive dragons, Titans and more. Given that we are going to be powered-up massively in both strength and knowledge by the time we raid Ny'alotha, I don't see it as out of line that we can just beat up N'zoth.

10+ Year Old Account

I was right!

So if I got that right from the datamined stuff we are going to

get Xal'atath from Azshara during our fight with her/her torturer and she tells us that because N'Zoth is free we can now use that blade on a vulnerable part of him (?) to finish him. So that is probably what we are going to do to get rid of him, probably trapping him in the blade.
    Of course it seems like she has that info from Xal'atath herself and we all know how well it turned out whenever someone listened to her advice of using her in a specific way^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Whats says we know nothing about his home turf? I was under the impression that part of 8.3's lore is delving into his mind and foreseen futures to learn about him/Ny'alotha and prod for weaknesses. Plus we already know Xal'atah (or the blade that held her at least) is kryptonite to him. I wouldn't be surprised if N'zoth is sealed inside the blade instead of slain, albeit that would be a slight letdown as well since that means BfA would have 3 final bosses survive their encounter.
    The fact that "Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire" would be Kryptonite to ... Black Empire's chief/lieutenant/god/master whatever is beyond stupid to start with.
    If Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire was enough to kill Old Gods, well Y'shaarj (the freaking strongest of 'em all) would have perished from this Blade back in the good ol' Black Empire days.

All those Kryptonite stuff to give an invulnerable enemy an easy weakness sounds bad writing to me. "Oh, we created an enemy who's way too strong ? Well, let's say he is allergic to Goblin's blood because why not".

Let's be honest: If N'zoth is defeated by a pathetic stab from one pathetic dagger (have you tried stabbing any old god minion with a SPriest ? doesn't do shit), after you went immune to his whispers thanks to a human-crafted potion, N'zoth will leave World of Warcraft as the most pathetic end boss you've ever faced in Video Game History so far.