Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Blitzchung knew fully well what he was doing, he knew he was gonna get axed from the game if he pulled this, but he did it anyway. Why?
    Because Hong Kong is his home. If he gets suspended from a game he can still come back some day, but if China absorbs Hong Kong, taking over its politics and economy, then it's all over for him.
    To add.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/RelentlessBoredPistachioM4xHeh
    In Mandarin.
    Rough translation, "Today what I've lost in hearthstone is just 4 years, however if Hong Kong loses it is for a life time."
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    turns the entire convention centre into a gigantic Faraday cage.
    I want to see this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Blitzchung knew fully well what he was doing, he knew he was gonna get axed from the game if he pulled this, but he did it anyway. Why?
    Because Hong Kong is his home. If he gets suspended from a game he can still come back some day, but if China absorbs Hong Kong, taking over its politics and economy, then it's all over for him.
    I understand why he did it, my problem is this whole fake outrage, like the boy who cried wolf at some point the outrage will be needed and noone will listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    It won't change anything major but it slowly ads up especially for the chinese population that is against government or at least thinking about it.
    Thats why the regime is going so hard against anything that touches the public perception.
    No, it won't. It's going hard because it can get away with anything.

@Jtbrig7390

Google is your friend try it and you will know what has changed..

We are not here to educate you.
    It's not my job to provide evidence or prove his side when I ask him something. I'm not here to educate you.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    @Jtbrig7390
    It's not my job to provide evidence or prove his side when I ask him something. I'm not here to educate you.
    Not only are you so lazy you can't look up the details of a topic before commenting on it. You are also so lazy you took my comment and turned it on me.

Want to know what difference the protesting has made, a quick google search shows you.

See unlike you I have been fallowing the topic for awhile not and this stunt isn't the first time I have heard about it. Go educate yourself before you look more like a ass.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Doesn't China get Blizzcon streams? You could be forcing Blizzard to either forcefully remove attendees from the floor or have their stream shut off in China.
    True. But I think at that point just having signs/cosplay would suffice. No need to overwhelm and hassle regular people just doing their 9 to 5

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I get the entire contract and all, but its like asking a syrian player to not talk about the ISIS war during its peak point. At some point, you really just have to talk about why there is bomb sounds coming from the other side of the video stream.
    Him being in Hong Kong leads to that topic naturally and at some point, it would be odd to not talk about it at all.

But i think the more pressing issue, and why i think this is a problem to really talk about, is the response. What was done, was something very small, especially when it comes to the game. A measured response would have been to give a stern warning or a short ban, but no. They had to ban the player for a very long time and also completly ban the casters.
    It seems more and more like Blizzard were told, or felt like they were oblicated to, make an example out of this so it did not happen again.
    By doing what they did they’ve pretty much assured that it WILL happen again.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not only are you so lazy you can't look up the details of a topic before commenting on it. You are also so lazy you took my comment and turned it on me.

Want to know what difference the protesting has made, a quick google search shows you.

See unlike you I have been fallowing the topic for awhile not and this stunt isn't the first time I have heard about it. Go educate yourself before you look more like a ass.
    Still not getting it and then you assume I don't follow the news based on what, my one or two posts in this topic? Lmao

All this is not a surprise coming from you, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it won't. It's going hard because it can get away with amything
    So your adage is “if at first you don’t succeed, give up because it’s hard?”
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So your adage is “if at first you don’t succeed, give up because it’s hard?”
    No, it's realizing what you're up against. If this was in the US, then yeah, you certainly have a pretty good shot at getting something done. In China? About as well as Jews protesting concentration camps to Hitler.

Still not getting it and then you assume I don't follow the news based on what, my one or two posts in this topic? Lmao

All this is not a surprise coming from you, though.
    It's the only logical conclusion when literally everyone else except you is on the same page. But this difference and the subsequent pointing out of seemed to have only fueled your special snowflake act, though.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's the only logical conclusion when literally everyone else except you is on the same page. But this difference and the subsequent pointing out of seemed to have only fueled your special snowflake act, though.
    The only snowflakes that have a problem with this are Jt and you, apparently.

The only snowflakes that have a problem with this are Jt and you, apparently.
    You have the right to be ignorant, but don't confuse that for being actually right.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Blizzard" you mean every company that uses any rare metals or electronics, clothes, cloth, etc.
    aswell as pretty much every single goverment ever, hell china paid off the big orange to not talk about the stuff in HK.
    The irony here is Trump from a year ago is the exact type of leader we need in this situation. We need a completely oblivious leader to throw tariffs at goods coming from China, that's the only way to effect them.

The sad realization is that a boycott from the US on Blizzard will likely just swing Blizz more into China's camp, they are the bigger market, any losses to consumer size in the US would be more then compensated for in Chinese growth.
    What is only effective would be to get the US behind the action, tariffs, additional taxes on companies doing business in China. Essentially we need an anti-globalist agenda, and Trump has been the only leader since WWII to be an isolationist in that manner.

PS: This isn't a pro trump post, just a statement of the hopelessness of the matter. I doubt it would be possible but if enough people could get talking about it and make China's actions a campaign strategy, it would have to be discussed at TownHalls and Debates, that would be making headway.

You have the right to be ignorant, but don't confuse that for being actually right.
    I'm glad you can self identify yourself. Why you constantly have to reply to me to confirm that... /shrug.

I'm glad you can self identify yourself. Why you constantly have to reply to me to confirm that... /shrug.
    Except you are literally the only one who claims to not know basic information...and are proud of it. Everyone else don't have this problem of yours. But apparently, that isn't enough as you are just wearing it like a badge of honor and projecting that ignorance on everyone else.

/shrug

Except you are literally the only one who claims to not know basic information...and are proud of it. Everyone else don't have this problem of yours. But apparently, that isn't enough as you are just wearing it like a badge of honor and projecting that ignorance on everyone else.

/shrug
    Asking for evidence for things that have improved since the HK protests by someone who claimed it = ignorance.

I'm going to go to bed. If you wish to keep being mad on the internet about this, you can keep replying to me. I'm just going to ignore the stupidity of your replies that will, no doubt, fill my inbox along with Jt's.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2019-10-09 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Trolling

Asking for evidence for things that have improved since the HK protests by someone who claimed it = ignorance.

I'm going to go to bed. If you wish to keep being mad on the internet about this, you can keep replying to me. I'm just going to ignore the stupidity of your replies that will, no doubt, fill my inbox along with Jt's.
    So you admit to sealionning - intentional ignorance of a subject in order to get a reaction out of people. Cool.

That's all I really needed to know, so you can continue to project your ignorance here.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    The sad realization is that a boycott from the US on Blizzard will likely just swing Blizz more into China's camp, they are the bigger market, any losses to consumer size in the US would be more then compensated for in Chinese growth.
    Good then we won't need them and they can fuck off.

There's no shortage of game companies out there and there's no shortage of great games coming out. Thanks to Blizzard for producing so many great titles but no king rules forever and certainly not a business as inconsequential enough as a game company. If Blizzard goes broke then other companies will spring up in its place. I'm certainly not going try cry myself to sleep at night over a game company being punished in their home country for putting another country ahead of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Think we'll see some sort of tepid apology today?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post

They are not the bigger market. Do you think chinese wow players pay 15$ a month for wow or that the rest of the paid services are at the same level there?
    Severe western backlash and boycotting would hurt blizzard way more than losing china. Thats what they don't realise yet. They are still banking on the large part of their fanbase made of ignorant normies who wouldn't turn their back on blizz that easily. But thats been slowly changing since last year when Blizz started to go downhill hard on every level from the quality of their games to how they treat their fans and employees.