Thread: Thura Saurfang

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thura Saurfang

With Broxigar and Varok, and his son Dranosh dead, I started to think how Thura is still alive, and also carrying the axe of Cenarius that broxigar once used against Sargeras.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Thura

With Varok dead, this really seemed like a perfect time to bring her into the games lore. But so far she's only appeared in the novel stormrage, and it was suggested at the end of the novel she was delivered back to orgirmmar

It was also quoted from knaak who wrote that book that blizzard told him he couldn't reveal who Thura's parents were, only that she was the niece of both broxigar and varok, suggesting an unspoken other brother or sister in the saurfang line.

To me this seems a perfect opportunity, however blizzard has that annoying habit of keeping characters connected to major characters off to the sides and leaving them unused.

its also been mentioned they might have planned to use her in legion but she didn't make it out of the alpha stage of the expansion.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2019-10-09 at 01:14 PM.

some noname with recognizable tag

keep her away from story for the greater good

ah yes, another female character added to the roster

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    some noname with recognizable tag

keep her away from story for the greater good
    why? Nobody even knew who varian was in vanilla wow he was just 'the missing king' that nobody gave a shit about until they developed him

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    why? Nobody even knew who varian was in vanilla wow he was just 'the missing king' that nobody gave a shit about until they developed him
    so you want another one HE CAME FROM NOWHERE moment?

didn't you have enough with calia and the whole proudmoure family?

just develop completly new character not family related to those we knew.

wow barbara is bs

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I think Blizz played it safe pulling not just Thura but other chars from Legion during the Alpha. I heard a rumor there was to be a direct tie-in to Kul Tiras someone found but it was later changed to sound vague.

As for weather Thura will make an appearance next expansion or not remains to be seen. She could be introduced as a minor character and then given development over several expansions like Garrosh (introduced in TBC, leads Horde forces on Northrend, becomes Warchief, deposted in SoO, killed off in WoD). We'll see.

wow barbara is bs
    This actually is a topic worth disussing.

Mists of Pandaria was almost 100% original lore and it was shat on when it was current BECAUSE it was mostly new lore (Mogu, Pandaren, Pandaria, Mantid, Zandalari, ToT, Timeless Isle, Y'Shaarj, The Sha, etc.). In fact many didn't want to give it a chance when it was first annouced sadly. I played it start to finish and loved it personally though.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

And even then was still not a very interesting character. I remember people calling him the apache king or something like that (he does have a indian like look). Personally I never liked him. His whole comic story was very forced. I do think he is okay in Heroes of The Storm.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

10+ Year Old Account

wow barbara is bs
    so rather then developing characters who have a connection to pre existing characters, you want them to think up new characters from nothing and have them be developed instead?

Hope its not to much of a shock the levels of hypocrisy your chanting here.

7+ Year Old Account
    i think they added a model of her in Legion but they never used, pretty sad

Since blizzard is pushing forward female characters for ~~equality~~ this was one character that would not feel forced and would fit damn well in this expansion

the fuck she was doing in the whole situation with Saurfang? she was replaced by the meme character, that i have nothing against but she could be important, even more with so many orcs dead with barely representation in the race, instead we are getting edgy female thrall

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the story is so broken that the only way to fix it is to burn everything down and start over. All new characters with the old ones all dead. That way you get rid off all the baggage and lead the way for new characters like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if she's voiced by the same girl that does ALL orc female voices lol

Also Thura is a terrible name, sounds like an infection one would get on their big toe

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, if she didn't appear in neither Legion againt the Nightmare or now with Saurfang... I'm sure she was erased from existence
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Let's give her the Sylvanas treatment and make an orc sexy!

so rather then developing characters who have a connection to pre existing characters, you want them to think up new characters from nothing and have them be developed instead?

Hope its not to much of a shock the levels of hypocrisy your chanting here.
    how is it hypocrisy. if you can't see difference there it's actually on your side.

Sure. This story definitely needs more Saurfangs talking about honor all the time.

And look how that turned out.

Nobody liked Varian, the best thing he ever did was get smoked on the Broken Shore.

Also, I don't think we need another Orc character just yet. Especially since we're still having to put up with FemThrall's bullshit. WoD has been an expansion of "female empowerment", I don't think we need to introduce any more characters just yet. Not unless they want to bring forward a new Darkspear character (since Zappyboi isn't exactly "Racial Leader" material), or even a new Gnome character.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Yeah, I think Blizz played it safe pulling not just Thura but other chars from Legion during the Alpha. I heard a rumor there was to be a direct tie-in to Kul Tiras someone found but it was later changed to sound vague.

As for weather Thura will make an appearance next expansion or not remains to be seen. She could be introduced as a minor character and then given development over several expansions like Garrosh (introduced in TBC, leads Horde forces on Northrend, becomes Warchief, deposted in SoO, killed off in WoD). We'll see.

This actually is a topic worth disussing.

Mists of Pandaria was almost 100% original lore and it was shat on when it was current BECAUSE it was mostly new lore (Mogu, Pandaren, Pandaria, Mantid, Zandalari, ToT, Timeless Isle, Y'Shaarj, The Sha, etc.). In fact many didn't want to give it a chance when it was first annouced sadly. I played it start to finish and loved it personally though.
    The people who hate change didn’t give it a chance aka boring people (imo).

I loved the new lore in MoP and how it further expanded the WoW universe but some people just hate change they don’t like something to rock their boat.

New characters are always welcomed but if they don’t get development what’s the point.
    Last edited by TigTone; 2019-10-09 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Let's give her the Sylvanas treatment and make an orc sexy!
    Hear, hear!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Nobody liked Varian

Also, I don't think we need another Orc character just yet.
    we don't have anymore orc characters since mop,the fem thrall is maghar and is only one since 2 expansions, they desperate need more after being stuck with thrall and senile eitrigg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    ah yes, another female character added to the roster
    Onoes a female character in a game - it's gonna offend our collective flaccid manhood!