Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

N'Zoth boss room and Ny'alotha skybox, etc.

N'Zoth's room.

Ny'alotha's skybox

Carapace of N'Zoth

N'Zoth and Nazjatar
    Last edited by olddog; 2019-10-09 at 01:51 PM.

I gotta say, Ny'alotha is so badass to look at. Looks extremely Lovecraftian, and it also looks like a mix between something from the Elder Gods, as well as the Chaos Gods from Warhammer. This is definitely a place that could seem to set up something relating to a future battle against the Void Lords.

Imagine: Mortals defeating an Old God at their full might. Something not even the Titan Keepers and their constructs could do. I mean, it isn't an impossible feat, because we did Jail Sargeras, and slay a corrupted World Soul, but still...

Proving Sargeras wrong. Talk about irony.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, N'zoth above Nazjatar is...uhm...

NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! HELL NO! NO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Imagine: Mortals defeating an Old God at their full might. Something not even the Titan Keepers and their constructs could do. I mean, it isn't an impossible feat, because we did Jail Sargeras, and slay a corrupted World Soul, but still...

Proving Sargeras wrong. Talk about irony.
    Sargeras and the Titans were afraid of the Void Lords, not the Old Gods. Except in the War of the Ancients books which are still canon.

Ny'alotha seems gorgeous but as a drawn skybox, will it be static ? That'd be a shame if those tentacles didn't move an inch.

Gods, that thing is huge! How are we supposed to actually fight that? Focus on one eye and hope he dies?

10+ Year Old Account
    What's with the Nazjatar map? Presumably we fight N'zoth in Ny'alotha - in what context would we interact with him outside of Nazjatar?

Does it look like anyone else like his mass would rise out of the ocean? (based on this map)

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Sargeras and the Titans were afraid of the Void Lords, not the Old Gods. Except in the War of the Ancients books which are still canon.
    Sargeras didn't care about the Void Lords. He did care about the Old Gods corrupting a World Soul though. If a World Soul was corrupted (ESPECIALLY AZEROTH, which is deemed to be the most powerful one), then it would make a Warped Titan/Void Titan, something that would corrupt everything, and surpass even Sargeras himself in terms of might. That's what scared him.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus H Christ that's huge. How do you kill that? Hopefully it won't be treated like Deathwing. Though an aerial assault could be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
    Gods, that thing is huge! How are we supposed to actually fight that? Focus on one eye and hope he dies?
    Simple. You just gotta hit him...

Really. REALLY. Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Ny'alotha seems gorgeous but as a drawn skybox, will it be static ? That'd be a shame if those tentacles didn't move an inch.
    Don't worry. That tentacles are moving!
    Last edited by olddog; 2019-10-09 at 01:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It looks nice but i was so disappointed with antorus with how small it actually was and turned out to be just some hallways. I want a firelands style raid but much bigger

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It looks nice but i was so disappointed with antorus with how small it actually was and turned out to be just some hallways. I want a firelands style raid but much bigger
    "Antorus"

"Some hallways"

Hold up...

- - - Updated - - -

I need an Ashbringer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You don't. We blow up a hole in the carapace while being buffeted by madness and an avatar of N'zoth, enter inside and keep fighting him. Between phases 2 and 3 of the Carapace encounter we lose Wrathion; no idea if N'zoth kills him or if he somehow removes him. The second fight seems very heavily inspired from the Yogg fight; we fight in his mind, he occasionally ejects us and we need to reenter after fighting a multitude of tentacles, we see visions of events he helped engineer and in the end he "projects his mind into reality" so we essentially fight an avatar of his thoughts. Heck he even has adds that constantly revive so it's very much like Alone in the Darkness.
    YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

MADNESS WILL CONSUME YOU!

Never underestimate the power of insanity ^_^
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    "Antorus"

"Some hallways"

Hold up...

- - - Updated - - -

I need an Ashbringer.
    Yeah? Did you not do it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berri View Post
    What's with the Nazjatar map? Presumably we fight N'zoth in Ny'alotha - in what context would we interact with him outside of Nazjatar?
    Apparently just an unused blockout from when they were building Nazjatar very early in the expansion cycle. N'Zoth himself would have been a subzone, with players traveling on his carapace.

I'm not sure how that would have worked very well, since if he was just stationary terrain he wouldn't feel very alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    https://youtu.be/Kc0oaxj5P80?t=673

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Jesus H Christ that's huge. How do you kill that? Hopefully it won't be treated like Deathwing. Though an aerial assault could be possible.
    We strike at his core.

His HEAD!

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Those N'yalotha pics look a lot like the fan art for the Overmind in Char (in SC1/remastered). But Soon-TM approves, especially if those tentacles do move from time to time

Still, I'm worried that iconic places such as Argus, Nazjatar or the Lovecraftian N'yalotha are being dumped as patch zones. Argus or N'yalotha could have easily carried entire expansions on their own imo... Just imagine a huge, HUGE Lovecraft-inspired city the size of the entire Broken Isles /drool
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah? Did you not do it?
    I did it. It was much more than Hallways. Granted, there could've been more Spaceships, but the city itself looked good enough for a Legion capital. It's not supposed to be an empire, like the Eternal Palace, or Ny'alotha.

ya cause spine of n'zoth is what really really need for this raid....