Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    all i want is server transfers and faction changes

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    Stop trying to make Classic like Retail.

It is fine rn from a gameplay aspect and a profit aspect.
    How do you know it's fine from a profit aspect?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Because it's a product that's finished 15 years ago that requires no development yet brings in tons in sub money?

Is worrying about someone elses profit something you do often? Is everything okay with you man?

You probably missed a lot of the news on Wowhead between the launch and now.

Quote Originally Posted by isyckz View Post
    Because it's a product that's finished 15 years ago that requires no development yet brings in tons in sub money?

Is worrying about someone elses profit something you do often? Is everything okay with you man?
    No development? Ok.

And no I dont worry about anyones profit, why would I? Just seemed like an odd statement to make, when we dont know Blizzards numbers.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Here's a very easy way to monetize classic without damaging the game.
    Blizzard could introduce a paid system for respecing your talents.

Buy X number of respecing tokens, it could even be costly.
    Like $5 a respec.

I know I would spend $10 / week for sure.
    $5 should get you 25 respecs. If not more. $5 for one respec? No way

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If something that triples the revenue of subscription does not get investor attention I don't know what can.

And tbh we don't need to please investors only players, keep it as is, it's already perfect.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

I don't understand. Classic is not free, you pay a sub for it. And subs have skyrocketed since the release of classic, so investors should be more skeptical about retail.

No development? Ok.

And no I dont worry about anyones profit, why would I? Just seemed like an odd statement to make, when we dont know Blizzards numbers.
    No but seriously, how could you look at Classic WoW and see anything else but profit? What kind of math do you use, I want to know.

Here you have a product that was developed for years back in early 2000s and once it was put out, it made Blizzard what it is right now. Then, you take that same product, already finished, and sell it for the same price that you used to sell it 15 years ago. How the fuck, again, how the fuck do you get anything else but profit out of it? Please tell me.

Ngl, making a thread about how something you don't profit from financially could be monetised feels hella bootlicker-ey.

Just late-stage capitalism things.

No but seriously, how could you look at Classic WoW and see anything else but profit? What kind of math do you use, I want to know.

Here you have a product that was developed for years back in early 2000s and once it was put out, it made Blizzard what it is right now. Then, you take that same product, already finished, and sell it for the same price that you used to sell it 15 years ago. How the fuck, again, how the fuck do you get anything else but profit out of it? Please tell me.
    I dont use any math, because we have literally zero numbers to do any math with. And no, I'm not taking into account those numbers wowhead published, as those where from a youtuber and not ActiBlizz.

It took development to make Classic, they didn't just blow off some dust of an old HDD laying on a shelf somewhere and booted up the Vanilla servers. Heck, they even invented Layering for this, which takes manhours to do, which costs dollars.

All we can do is assume they got a lot of resubs.

It is monetized in the only way it should be. A sub fee required.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Ngl, making a thread about how something you don't profit from financially could be monetised feels hella bootlicker-ey.

Just late-stage capitalism things.
    It's something I've come across from WoW players for years now, similar to Apple fans. It's sickening. It usually comes in form of "Blizzard is a company after all, they have to worry about profits..." and then followed by argument how something that is proposed can't be done because it'll cost Blizzard too much. These people will not only defend every Blizzards action ever, they'll even worry about how to increase their profit at their own expense just like you see here. It's so sad really.

- - - Updated - - -

It took development to make Classic, they didn't just blow off some dust of an old HDD laying on a shelf somewhere and booted up the Vanilla servers. Heck, they even invented Layering for this, which takes manhours to do, which costs dollars.
    Yes, and it took energy for me to get up this morning and go to work. In other words, work needed to take prepare Classic was so small it doesn't even need to be mentioned in terms of cost. It was done by few people who had only one job - convert Vanilla WoW to current WoW engine. Very similiar to something that hundreds of programmers did with private servers for free.

It's something I've come across from WoW players for years now, similar to Apple fans. It's sickening. It usually comes in form of "Blizzard is a company after all, they have to worry about profits..." and then followed by argument how something that is proposed can't be done because it'll cost Blizzard too much. These people will not only defend every Blizzards action ever, they'll even worry about how to increase their profit at their own expense just like you see here. It's so sad really.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and it took energy for me to get up this morning and go to work. In other words, work needed to take prepare Classic was so small it doesn't even need to be mentioned in terms of cost. It was done by few people who had only one job - convert Vanilla WoW to current WoW engine. Very similiar to something that hundreds of programmers did with private servers for free.
    So you have no clue then, gotcha.

You know keeping servers up isn't free aswell, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    What store? What pets and mounts? Are you high or just spreading misinformation yet again?
    3 unique pets only obtained by paying blizz extra money, pets that cannot be earned ingame. Lil diablo, panda, zergling
    pets/toys/and mounts, only obtained by buyying irl loot boxes from blizzard, and hoping your get them, again items that can only be obtained ingame paying real life money, the TCG.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Paid server transfers with a 6 month cooldown. Yep, 6 months, that was the original CD I believe and it goes far to still discourage ninja looting and going elsewhere or being a shit to your server and not caring because you can transfer/reroll name as much as you like (retail, not that server identity is a thing anyways).

That is it, no exp boosts, no mounts, no pets.

Then when BC comes out, different servers with the option of starting fresh there or paying to transfer your character(s) over for a fee.

Are you actually mentally challenged? What is wrong with you?

Keeping Classic servers up has such low cost compared to the amount of money it brings in it's embarassing to even mention it. Guess what? They had to keep servers up back in 2005 too. Before that, they had to first create the whole fucking game out of scratch. And they had to constantly update the game. And they had to develop new content. And they still had huge profits off of 15$ sub only.

Now? They only have to keep the servers up. Oh the agony! How will multi billion dollar company afford to keep their servers up! Please, someone put up GoFundMe so we can help them with this enormous burden!

Oh the agony! How will multi billion dollar company afford to keep the servers up for a 15 year old game! Quick, set up GoFundMe so we can help them with this enormous burden so they can maximize profit!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    3 unique pets only obtained by paying blizz extra money, pets that cannot be earned ingame. Lil diablo, panda, zergling
    pets/toys/and mounts, only obtained by buyying irl loot boxes from blizzard, and hoping your get them, again items that can only be obtained ingame paying real life money, the TCG.
    They're not micro transactions though, MTX as you have stated are "Microtransactions (sometimes abbreviated as MTX) are a business model where users can purchase virtual goods with micropayments." None of those items are you purchasing the virtual goods with micropayments.

You are purchasing a separate product (The Collectors Edition the TCG Cards, or in case of recent times the virtual code to unlock the expansion) you ARE NOT making a payment for the virtual item you are receiving that as a gift. Gifts for purchasing other products are not MTX, is it scummy to try incentivise a purchase of another product with a unique gift? maybe, but calling it a MTX is grasping fucking HARD!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Star View Post
    They're not micro transactions though, MTX as you have stated are "Microtransactions (sometimes abbreviated as MTX) are a business model where users can purchase virtual goods with micropayments." None of those items are you purchasing the virtual goods with micropayments.

You are purchasing a separate product (The Collectors Edition the TCG Cards, or in case of recent times the virtual code to unlock the expansion) you ARE NOT making a payment for the virtual item you are receiving that as a gift. Gifts for purchasing other products are not MTX, is it scummy to try incentivise a purchase of another product with a unique gift? maybe, but calling it a MTX is grasping fucking HARD!
    "They're not micro transactions though, MTX as you have stated are "Microtransactions (sometimes abbreviated as MTX) are a business model where users can purchase virtual goods with micropayments." None of those items are you purchasing the virtual goods with micropayments."

funny, cause paying for the TCG cards is a payment.
    and then they give you a virtual item.
    paying for the coollectors edition with a payment
    gives you a virtual item.
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Classic wow store! released in phase 3
    purchase an irl pin for 40$ the pin comes with a code for a new unique ingame mount!
    totally not microtransaction, cause your paying for the pin, and the mount is just an extra thing, and the pin is real!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content