Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You're making the argument that a technology class make no sense in an expansion revolving around the void. I'm simply pointing out that they do.
    No... I never made that claim. Where in my reply am I saying that they don't make sense?
    I can quote myself for the 2nd time.

They make sense due to other reasons, but not because they "aren't mortal".
    How the fuck is me saying "they make sense" mean that I'm saying they aren't making sense?

Do you even read posts? Genuine question.. or are you just starting to read 2-3 sentences then go straight to a defensive reply, ignoring rest of the post?
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-10-09 at 02:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    No... I never made that claim. Where in my reply am I saying that they don't make sense?
    I can quote myself for the 2nd time.

How the fuck is me saying "they make sense" mean that I'm saying they aren't making sense?
    Alright fine, my mistake. So we both agree that a Tinker class fits just fine in a void-based expansion. Good to know.

ok, so i have read som posts and to sum it up for people:

reasons why tinkers won't happen:
    -no other expansion previously hinted new class in advance
    -next expansion will almost certainly be kickstarted by sylvanas wich means death theme in wich tinkers doesn't fit (wich is historically how classes were introduced, they specifically waited with demonhunters just because of that , wich means it's VERY immportant to blizzard)
    -abilities of tinkers will overlap thematically with engi profession

reasons why tinker will happen:
    - mechagnomes are allied race and blizzard out of nowhere added mechagon in 8.2
    - there is "tinker" themed npc on island expedition that uses some renamed / recolored skills

that's preety much it

Alright fine, my mistake. So we both agree that a Tinker class fits just fine in a void-based expansion. Good to know.
    Good to know.
    lol, Sounds ominous.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    They will never release a class that is designed for least played races. Never.
    Here is a list of things I have also been told will never happen.
    - Alliance will never have shamans/Horde will never have paladins
    - Blizzard will never sell in-game items for cash
    - Worgen/Goblins/Pandaren will never be a playable race
    - Demon Hunters will never be a playable class
    - Blizzard will never re-vamp the original world for flying
    - Blizzard will never release Classic servers

So basically you're telling me Tinkers are confirmed.

lol, Sounds ominous.
    Why do you hate us tinker fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    You’re dumb
    I'm sure you wish that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    Why do you hate us tinker fans?
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.

I ultimately think that adding more specs instead of a new class is a general bad idea.

Knowing this Community, a lot of people would whine around why their favorite class is being left behind because they didnt get a new spec (which is potentially extremely OP just like our new classes in their first expansion)

And 12 new specs? Yeah, no, never.
    only talking about DH cause they have 2 spec's

not about other classes ^^

It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    No idea who would do such things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

No idea who would do such things.
    Probably a tinker fan

Probably a tinker fan

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    lol is that what you're gonna call it? Mounted combat? Hahaha!

I know it's very shocking for someone who speaks before knowing things, but Gazlowe has no mech robot mount.
    ah, so you dont actually play the game. youre just talking out of your ass, as expected.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Imagine forgetting Draenei, Orcs, and dwarves exist.

No! I refuse!

Battlemage/Spellblade magic melee dps/tank/healer or riot!

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I'm sure you wish that was the case.
    I’m not the one with wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    It's an aesthetic thing.

Something WoW has honestly struggled with and that gets worse with each expansion.

You want your game to have a unified look and theme. Something that as you play it you recognize the tropes, style and such.

Tinkers to a lot of folks move out a bit too far. There's lots of "high fantasy" reference out there that can make things like the Titans, Draenei and arcane technology and such palatable but Tinkers go hard into steampunk. Which has generally felt like a diversion in the game rather than a main theme. It's something you just kinda deal with and know is there, but the moment you get into robo suits it's suddenly more in your face and no longer that wacky dungeon or island.

It becomes jarring.
    The WoW aesthetic is its art style. Any argument you try to make suggesting that only specific tech themes make sense in WoW can be quickly obliterated. The only thing aesthetically consistent is artistic design. Otherwise, anything goes. See further store mounts for the peak example of this.

They probably won't give us Necromancers because they've already given us Necromancers in the Death Knight class.

The only real possibility outside of the Tinker class is Dark Rangers.
    I'd say Bard is more of a possibility than Dark Ranger, but I might be biased because I think Dark Ranger is a terrible foundation for a class.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandalarian Paladin View Post
    Tbh Dark Rangers are more likely, even more so with Sylvanas pulling a Illidan on us.
    This sounds like a really bad elevator pitch for a really bad fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by RyudoTFO View Post
    That is what I hope for. I understand that locking a spec into a weapons category is done for balance purpose, but I believe that could be solved with talents, that are tuned accordingly.

For example:
    First row Furry Warrior Talents:
    Single-Minded Fury | Titan's Grip

First row Frost DK Talents:
    Needless of Ice (2x 1h weapons) | Glacier Strikes (2h weapons)

First row Enhancement Shaman Talents:
    Abalone Strikes (2h weapon) | Sparkling Fury (2x 1h weapons)

The individual talents can be tuned accordingly with X% damage increase in each content patch.
    I am so on board with this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Stop....just stop please. I'm getting sick of this ignorant comment people like to toss around because they hate Tinker.

Other than maybe bombs (Which lets be serious, no one actually uses bombs in their rotation) there isn't a single thing Tinker would even take from Engineer. Unless you think crafting guns and scopes is part of a combat class?
    I don't think it's ignorant to acknowledge there's overlap between the tinker concept and the engineer concept. But there's no reason it's a show stopper for a tinker; you just might need to tweak engineer a bit.

I ultimately think that adding more specs instead of a new class is a general bad idea.

Knowing this Community, a lot of people would whine around why their favorite class is being left behind because they didnt get a new spec (which is potentially extremely OP just like our new classes in their first expansion)

And 12 new specs? Yeah, no, never.
    I'd love a new spec for every class (well maybe not for druid since they already have 4), but then I don't froth over game balance every day, so I might be an outlier

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    ok, so i have read som posts and to sum it up for people:

reasons why tinkers won't happen:
    -no other expansion previously hinted new class in advance
    Except Demon Hunters with the super nerf of demonology Warlocks and the Legion push at the end of WoD.

-next expansion will almost certainly be kickstarted by sylvanas wich means death theme in wich tinkers doesn't fit (wich is historically how classes were introduced, they specifically waited with demonhunters just because of that , wich means it's VERY immportant to blizzard)
    No one knows what the theme of the next expansion will be.

-abilities of tinkers will overlap thematically with engi profession
    False. NONE of the Tinker's abilities exist in the Engineering profession, and there are no abilities in the Engineering profession, only items and toys.

reasons why tinker will happen:
    - mechagnomes are allied race and blizzard out of nowhere added mechagon in 8.2
    - there is "tinker" themed npc on island expedition that uses some renamed / recolored skills
    Um no. The Tinker is a WC3 hero unit and comes from the same source as the Monk, DK, and DH expansion classes. The Island Expedition teams contained abilities from HotS Tinkers, which again is another source of abilities and concepts for WoW classes (Demon Hunters took a lot of concepts and ideas from the HotS concept for example).

It should also be mentioned that unlike other class concepts like Dark Ranger and Necromancer, the Tinker's abilities have never appeared in existing WoW classes.

Except Demon Hunters with the super nerf of demonology Warlocks and the Legion push at the end of WoD.

No one knows what the theme of the next expansion will be.

False. NONE of the Tinker's abilities exist in the Engineering profession, and there are no abilities in the Engineering profession, only items and toys.

Um no. The Tinker is a WC3 hero unit and comes from the same source as the Monk, DK, and DH expansion classes. The Island Expedition teams contained abilities from HotS Tinkers, which again is another source of abilities and concepts for WoW classes (Demon Hunters took a lot of concepts and ideas from the HotS concept for example).
    Teriz, just take it slow, 23 days only left until we are what they fear!

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Yeah I've given up hope on having a class I'd like, Dark Ranger or Necromancer or even a Bard, at this point I'm positive it's going to be tinkers. Gnomes and Goblins have such a low popularity rate, I don't know if people will even play it. Whatever though.