Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No new zone is....not quite what I wanted but yeah PTR updates maybe add stuff but again I don't know.
    I quite like getting several old zones with some new stuff and reputations as opposed ot just another patch island to add ot the pile, makes the world feel that much more alive to have us fighting N'zoth in areas important ot hte Old gods instead of random patch island #251 that we have no real connection to as players.

Would have loved if there was just 1 more zone, cannot think of what zone would fir the bill though sadly, i suppose Badlands.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I wish that instead of 2-3 mini new zones we could have ~6 updated ones - 2 for X.1, X.2 and X.3. More space, they could put same usual sandbox stuff there, we have technology to separate questing people from end game, art team could have more resources to make one 4 boss dungeon and 9-10 boss raid for every major patch, more time to make proper campaign quests Insurrection style, world would get slowly updated to current time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    To be honest, I wish that instead of 2-3 mini new zones we could have ~6 updated ones - 2 for X.1, X.2 and X.3. More space, they could put same usual sandbox stuff there, we have technology to separate questing people from end game, art team could have more resources to make one 4 boss dungeon and 9-10 boss raid for every major patch, more time to make proper campaign quests Insurrection style, world would get slowly updated to current time.
    Honestly, if they added a Warfront each patch (which they probably wanted but scrapped based on reception) they would've covered most of the base race architecture to be revamped which would've made a revamp easier on the art side.

But honestly, if they were to revamp more zones (like a couple every patch) I would prefer it to be for both leveling and endgame.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And that's just part of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Two things about the assaults.

a) they seem to always be both up but there are THREE version of each assault so I think that each week we get a different part of each zone assaulted (by different enemies)
    b) Cho is back! Cannot wait for the voice acting to be up!
    Specificially, one zone gets attacked by N'zoth's forces and has the Raid entrance, while the other gets attacked by somebody else. Apparently N'zoth assaults stay for a week, so you don't have to constantly check where the entrance is.

I thought Ion said the assaults were going to be in quite a few zones and he gave Vale & Uldum as examples. Are these the only ones on the PTR? Could they add more?
    #TeamTinkers

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    I thought Ion said the assaults were going to be in quite a few zones and he gave Vale & Uldum as examples. Are these the only ones on the PTR? Could they add more?
    I suppose they could in theory, heavily doubt it.

b) Cho is back! Cannot wait for the voice acting to be up!
    Really? I have an uncle that can do the super racist china-man with asthma rendition as well, i'm sure he will give you some free samples for a couple of beer.

Oh come on, Cho was fun. Are all Dwarves super racist scottish men?
    Nah, but you are the first person I've yet seen to look forward to it, I found it mostly grating and probably one of the worst roles of that voice actor by far (if I think it is the one I have in mind).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Nah, but you are the first person I've yet seen to look forward to it
    lul wut.

You are the first person i have ever seen on this forum that claimed something negative about Cho.
    Even among people who hated the expansion, most of the time they listed him as one of the few things they did like.

Formerly known as Arafal

I loved the way they used Cho and the Lorewalkers to deliver the Lore of Pandaria and he did a solid job doing that.
    I agree, I really liked Cho and I've never heard of anyone that didn't before.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is pretty small...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    He is pretty small...
    He covers all of Ny'alotha and more, he's massive.

That is just his head.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    He is pretty small...
    Suppose it all depends on the surrounding area, though i don't really think he could have a model that much bigger, it is already nearing the biggest attackable NPCs in game.

I don't think thats right. The unfinished map shows n'zoths head is about the size of nazjatar.
    Also we have his tentacles in the skybox of nyalotha. The size of this doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    I don't think thats right. The unfinished map shows n'zoths head is about the size of nazjatar.
    Also we have his tentacles in the skybox of nyalotha. The size of this doesn't make sense.
    This is like the interior N'zoth you fight after you break into his exterior and fight your way deep into his body.

Second to last boss is:

Carapace of N'Zoth
    A writhing mass of flesh, eyes, and tentacles ley like a mountain ahead. Tendrils of corruption and fear seep from the hulking body. This is the core of the Black Empire, the seat of N'Zoth's power, within the body of a god.

Stage 1: Exterior Carapace:
    N'Zoth rallies his physical defenses, attacking enemies with massive growth-covered tentacles, eye stalks, and antibodies, retreating at 50% health.

Stage 2: Subcutaneous Tunnel:
    N'Zoth recovers within a subcutaneous layer of the carapace, healing from growths along the cavern walls and restricting players with regenerating cysts. While any Synthesis Growths remain, N'Zoth is immune to all damage. N'Zoth retreats again upon reaching 50% health.

Stage 3: Nightmare Chamber:
    N'Zoth assaults players with his full suite of remaining defenses while they no longer have Wrathion's aid.

Where you are fighting his C'thrax avatar. And then the final boss is:

N'Zoth, the Corruptor
    Despite being imprisoned deep beneath the waves by the titan-forged, N'Zoth's influence continued to corrupt Azeroth. Now, for the first time in millenia, the true form of N'Zoth the Corruptor is revealed. Unless he is stopped, the Black Empire will plunge Azeroth into an eternity of darkness.

Stage 1: Dominant Mind:
    N'Zoth's will dominates the minds of the players standing before him, drawing them into the Mind of N'Zoth.
    Animus

Stage 2: Writhing Onslaught:
    Players weather a fearsome onslaught of tentacles, seeking to re-enter the Mind of N'Zoth to make vulnerable the Old God's physical form.
    N'Zoth
    Animus

Stage 3: Convergence:
    N'Zoth projects his insidious mind into reality, reaching out from the dark depths of Ny'alotha to corrupt the very World Soul of Azeroth.]
    N'Zoth
    Animus

In stage 1 you fight an animus, and then in stage 2 and 3 you are fighting an animus and this vulnerable physical form, which is presumably the model in question.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2019-10-09 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

Stage 3: Convergence:
    N'Zoth projects his insidious mind into reality, reaching out from the dark depths of Ny'alotha to corrupt the very World Soul of Azeroth.
    So we'll sacrifice the HoA to cleanse the world soul in the aftermath?
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Possibly. That was the entire reason for us to acquire and use it, after all.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Honestly, who even knows what will happen.

Blizzcon might give us some indication of the finale since the next expansion might give us a clue.