Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I feel like it's too early for DM. A lot of people have bursted their assess off to get pre raid bis without DM, which is aids.
    It will be useful for me however.

Considering most of my guild isn't 60 yet or just hitting 60, I wonder where the average casual is. It's pretty surprising that it's so soon, but I guess fresh 60s can skip a lot now.

Pretty happy it's coming out now, I really want my lock class mount so I didn't really want to waste 1k gold on a temporary epic mount until then.

Is it all of phase 2? Or just Dire Maul?

If anything, coming from EU Dire Maul launches late. EU game launch was in early February of 2005 and Dire Maul launched early March 2005. Within one month of game launch. We're severely behind the schedule.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Glad i can stop farming Jed now... he just doesn‘t want to drop my trinket <.<

In game its fine. People that have hit 60 will have more to do now. People not 60 yet will have more to do when they get there.

Out of game its ideal to imo. With phase 2 being one layer this spreads returning players to new content out a bit more. So we don't suddenly have que hell again in phase 2.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Nice, we can finally have non-shitty mage water.

Ah, so you're one of the "wahh wahh DM makes MC pointless!" people.

1. There's lots of dungeon items that beat MC drops in BRD/Strat/Scholo/UBRS.
    2. There's still plenty of gear in MC that isn't beat by dungeon drops
    3. MC is already being pugged
    4. It's a 15 year old game, stop expecting the entry-level raid to be an insurmountable challenge
    Literally as a DPS warrior there are like 3 pieces of Gear that drop from MC/Ony that are an actual upgrade over CURRENT Pre-raid-bis. LOL Dont know why they're whining.

I can already say that I dont actually need any loot from dire maul. So yay i guess? I'll probably never step foot in there.

Quote Originally Posted by kneehidude View Post
    Is it all of phase 2? Or just Dire Maul?
    Just Dire Maul. Phase 2 is still in the next month or two.

No real opinion. I never liked DM so while I'll probably drag myself there for some mp5 gear for my priest I'll hate every second of it. I'm really surprised at how early it's dropping, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Fine with me. I'm only going to be like mid 50's by next week (if I make a big push over the weekend), so it'll be cool to have DM waiting for me when I finally reach high enough level to run it.

Probably kind of sucks for those who rushed to 60 and are already super geared by now though.

edit: although I guess those players will still have a need to run it because they can get those books for higher rank abilities or whatever. I'd forgotten about that.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-10-10 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    Its not really releasing earlier, since we dont know when blizzard intended DM to release. For all we know Phase 2 was delayed due to layering taking longer to remove than they expected, so they release DM as intended while delaying the rest of stage 2.
    That honestly looks like the most logical conclusion.

Blizzard clearly expected MUCH LESS interest in Classic, and a much faster loss of population. Seems believable that they are releasing content on the schedule they planned while trying to save time to stick to their promise of one layer per realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Not true so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Of course there will be items that are superior to MC items
    facepalm. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by derien View Post
    So...Dire maul next week....how do you feel about that...discuss
    I am ready for it but I know many other people are not ready and still levelling or figuring the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    Dm is a nice treat for those at 60. Doesnt make a difference for the slow levelers
    DM is actually useful for lowbies around 16-26 or so.

What 60s want is DM:E/DM:W/DM:N, that's where the good non-raid stuff comes from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post

What 60s want is DM:E/DM:W/DM:N, that's where the good non-raid stuff comes from.
    Pedantry is such a sexy look on you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

There are more quality of life items in DM for all classes. No point in delaying it. I flat out do not under stand any outrage from people about them releasing this zone.

Were any of you really hoping to only have BRS, Scholo and Strat for level 60 dungeons? What do you get from benefiting it's delay?

I don't think blizzard is pandering to streamers. Streamers are already decked in T1. Think they are going to drop new content so they can get a blue from Dire maul?

The only thing that could really pop off from this is the Quel'Serra book.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post

Technically it's "The Deadmines" so it would be TBM.

And Diremaul is more relevant to the games content and more useful. So the DM tag representing Diremaul will stay. Especially in the context of what the person was talking about, the zone; Diremaul.

An even easier distinction for The Deadmines zone/instance would be VC(stands for VanCleef) which is an end boss in The Deadmines. Also being the only reason people do the instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    There are more quality of life items in DM for all classes. No point in delaying it. I flat out do not under stand any outrage from people about them releasing this zone.

Were any of you really hoping to only have BRS, Scholo and Strat for level 60 dungeons? What do you get from benefiting it's delay?

I don't think blizzard is pandering to streamers. Streamers are already decked in T1. Think they are going to drop new content so they can get a blue from Dire maul?

The only thing that could really pop off from this is the Quel'Serra book.

- - - Updated - - -

Technically it's "The Deadmines" so it would be TBM.

And Diremaul is more relevant to the games content and more useful. So the DM tag representing Diremaul will stay. Especially in the context of what the person was talking about, the zone; Diremaul.

An even easier distinction for The Deadmines zone/instance would be VC(stands for VanCleef) which is an end boss in The Deadmines. Also being the only reason people do the instance.
    People are unhappy because he majority of players aren't even 60 yet and they're already making a large percentage of MC items obsolete.

The issue though is more that MC gear is largely trash and people remember it being amazing because they didn't understand itemization. They're realiznig their mistake and feeling sad that MC is barely a raid tier.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta include which wing(s) you're referring to (DME/DMW/DMN) or it's Deadmines.

Folks also run the place for lowbie gear besides the one boss.