Poll: N'zoths fate?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

The fate of N'zoth

How do you think the final boss will end?

I'd love to be shocked and we all lose.

A friend of mine came up with an Idea: The patch is called VISIONS of N'Zoth so what if the last boss fight is a mirage and we actually end up killing off the opposite faction leader(s) throwing everything to do with peace down the drain, with everything to do with madness and loosing sanity in the Horrific Visions it's not a long shot.
    Last edited by Rivex; 2019-10-09 at 03:44 PM.

I think we will trap him in the blade which makes him escape the Re-origination that Wrathion wants to try on the Old Gods ^^

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas will trap/kill him with the blade to further empower herself/master

I feel like we've got an old gods expansion in our future. If not 9.0, then 10.0, and I think most people generally agree with this speculation. So regardless of outcome, this probably won't be last we see of N'zoth. With that in mind, I think "we kill him" is the least likely but the other three are all possible.

I'm a big fan of "we lose", though I'm not convinced that has to mean "he kills us". Losing to N'zoth, who clearly has globe-spanning influence, is just the perfect set up to justify in lore explanations for things like a level squish, a world revamp, and who knows what else.

I'm going with we use the dagger on him, just as he planned. What exactly happens after that, i'm not sure.

What is re-origination supposed to do? Legit question, I'm not familiar with it and haven't read much on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    What is re-origination supposed to do? Legit question, I'm not familiar with it and haven't read much on it.
    Break everything down to its base components, then rebuild it to the Titan's original plans.

Mind, that's what it is supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Archivum System says: Searching... Destruction of Prime Designate is considered the first warning sign of systemic planetary failure. Algalon observer entity's arrival is followed by planetary diagnostics resulting in one of two possible reply signals. Reply-code Alpha, signaling "All is well" and Reply-code Omega, signaling planetary re-origination.
    Brann Bronzebeard says: Planetary re-origination? Speak plainly, ye blasted machine!
    Archivum System says: The decomposition of the planet and its living organisms into base elements: metals, rocks, gases. This is followed by a period of reconstitution of each element into the original planetary blueprint.
    In 8.3 Magni (or was it Bran? Too lazy to go look it up) seems to be trying to fine tune the re-origination to only hit N'zoth.

7+ Year Old Account
    We have yet to lose an expansion.

Every expansion ends with us, the heroes of Azeroth, always winning. Sure we take some losses but we never lose. It would a very refreshing to have an expansion where we actually lose the battle.

I know the aspect of a "Shadowlands" expansion is very polarizing and the majority of people on this website do not want it, but wouldn't it be interesting if engaged in a final expansion raid boss and just couldn't win? In other video games there are missions where you are intended to lose/die but you hold out of as long as you can.

What if we hold out for as long as we can and then fail? The ending cinematic can be us failing, N'Zoth winning and thus bringing the Hour of Twilight all across Azeroth.

Sylvanas has the blade (I think not sure what happened to it after we got to Nazjatar) and Azshara's plan was to stab him and capture him when she would get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    We have yet to lose an expansion.

Every expansion ends with us, the heroes of Azeroth, always winning. Sure we take some losses but we never lose. It would a very refreshing to have an expansion where we actually lose the battle.

I know the aspect of a "Shadowlands" expansion is very polarizing and the majority of people on this website do not want it, but wouldn't it be interesting if engaged in a final expansion raid boss and just couldn't win? In other video games there are missions where you are intended to lose/die but you hold out of as long as you can.

What if we hold out for as long as we can and then fail? The ending cinematic can be us failing, N'Zoth winning and thus bringing the Hour of Twilight all across Azeroth.
    i really hope we lose.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Break everything down to its base components, then rebuild it to the Titan's original plans.

Mind, that's what it is supposed to do.
    It is going to happen. Everything gets reverted back to its components and we begin 9.0 as 3 classes solids, liquids, gases.

5+ Year Old Account
    Before the last shadow falls, the Father of Sleep shall savor his feast.
    N`zoth is last shadow (of old gods),Sylvanas will trap/kill him with the blade but before it allowing N`zoth to kill enough people to feed them to Mueh'zala (Father of Sleep)

I hope she plans to defeat Void lords with powers of Mueh'zala (feed it good babe)
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-10-09 at 05:02 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Sylvanas has the blade (I think not sure what happened to it after we got to Nazjatar) and Azshara's plan was to stab him and capture him when she would get the chance.
    No she doesn't. She gave it to Nathanos who returned it to Azshara, who gives it to the players in Ny'alotha. Or I guess probably Wrathion, since there are 20* players and not enough ancient daggers to share with the whole class.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2019-10-09 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No she doesn't. She gave it to Nathanos who returned it to Azshara, who gives it to the players in Ny'alotha. Or I guess probably Wrathion, since there are 20* players and not enough ancient daggers to share with the whole class.
    He returned it to Azshara? Where do we see that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I hope he escapes somehow. They've built him up since the beginning of Legion and he really hasn't done that much damage to anybody directly.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    Honestly I hope he escapes somehow. They've built him up since the beginning of Legion and he really hasn't done that much damage to anybody directly.
    That’s his thing though as the manipulator ,like KJ, always used others to do his dirty work. As the weakest of the 4 olds, Nzoth had to behave smarter and did so by becoming like a puppet master.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    You don't. He has it to guide the Horde to Nazjatar, the Horde and Alliance are stranded in Nazjatar, he says something about a mission and walks off into the water at the edge of Nazjatar, leaving you there with Thalyssra/Lor'themar/Oculeth and isn't seen again (?) until Orgrimmar in 8.2.5.

Azshara is in one of the Ny'alotha encounters, and gives the blade to the players.

So logically, he returned it to Azshara after leaving the players in Nazjatar, unless the entire thing is a ruse and the dagger she gives players/Wrathion is a fake, which seems unlikely since she is literally being tortured for plotting against N'zoth.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2019-10-09 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Sylvanas will trap/kill him with the blade to further empower herself/master
    sylvannas doesnt have the blade, its in the hands of azsahara who is currently being tortured in the raid and we rescue her and she gives us the blade

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    you dont, but azshara tells you that after you free her in the raid

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    That’s his thing though as the manipulator ,like KJ, always used others to do his dirty work. As the weakest of the 4 olds, Nzoth had to behave smarter and did so by becoming like a puppet master.

It was here in ages past that the God of the Deep lost a great battle to the God of Seven Heads. But as was so often the case, even defeat ultimately worked in N'zoth's favor.