Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    would u help or would u just be a bystander and watch or would u leave?
    It is a crime to not help a person in danger in my country. It's on the court however to proof if you knew the person was in a life threatening situation.

(obviously this does not mean jumping in front of someone to catch a bullet, knowing mmo-c it is worth mentioning this)

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    Shit, where i live you can get charged for gross negligence or manslaughter if you don't perform emergency help or first aid (given that you're the first on scene or are asked by others to help).
    Sounds like a bad country tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    How so?
    Leaving someone in a dangerous or life threatening situation ''because i didn't feel like it'' is abhorrent behaviour.
    We're not talking about being punished for not helping somebody who twisted their ankle or similar, but people in acute situations that's not in a state where they can help themselves.
    And as far as i am concerned, pretty much most European countries have similar laws.

I for one, love the fact that you just can't leave people to suffer or die because you can't be bothered.
    Anyone who have taken a drivers license (even just the moped one) where i live, have undergone a first aid course that covers everything from common injuries to the acute situations and severe injures/trauma that can happen in a car accident.
    Last edited by freezion; 2019-10-09 at 05:24 PM.

How so?
    Because it's abhorrent to force people to do that?

Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    If by help you mean keep them company and call 911, then yes. I’m not moving them, performing any medical help etc. I don’t need to get sued or some shit.
    The fact that this is a worry in US is scary.

- - - Updated - - -

How so?
    Leaving someone in a dangerous or life threatening situation ''because i didn't feel like it'' is abhorrent behaviour.
    We're not talking about being punished for not helping somebody who twisted their ankle or similar, but people in acute situations that's not in a state where they can help themselves.
    And as far as i am concerned, pretty much most European countries have similar laws.

I for one, love the fact that you just can't leave people to suffer or die because you can't be bothered.
    Anyone who have taken a drivers license (even just the moped one) where i live, have undergone a first aid course that covers everything from common injuries to the acute situations and severe injures/trauma that can happen in a car accident.
    Witnessing or seeing the aftermath of an accident can cause people to freeze and do bad decisions even if they weren't involved except being nearby. Unless they can prove you just went "nah" it seems like a odd law to have due to fact it's hard to prove it wasn't because of panic.

Just because you have basic first aid training doesn't mean that you are capable of handling a real situation. Everyone should have that knowledge and I agree on that we should promote teaching it and try to encourage helping each other. Making a law that you HAVE TO perform in a live situation is bonkers.

Because it's abhorrent to force people to do that?
    less abhorrent than leaving somebody to their death because because you feel uncomfortable.

Sounds like China is more up your alley. Plenty of liveleak videos of them not giving two shits about people and letting them rot in the middle of the road after being hit by a car.

To answer the question, I would help to the best of my abilities. Even if it meant just being there talking to the person so they did not die alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post

Witnessing or seeing the aftermath of an accident can cause people to freeze and do bad decisions even if they weren't involved except being nearby. Unless they can prove you just went "nah" it seems like a odd law to have due to fact it's hard to prove it wasn't because of panic.

Just because you have basic first aid training doesn't mean that you are capable of handling a real situation. Everyone should have that knowledge and I agree on that we should promote teaching it and try to encourage helping each other. Making a law that you HAVE TO perform in a live situation is bonkers.
    They are well aware that ones capabilities can be reduced, and people can freeze and make bad decisions thus rendering them incapable of doing first aid. you're not getting punished for that.
    If you are in chock as a result of witnessing it/the aftermath, you may be subject to psychological first aid as a victim in the entire situation.
    But if you pass by (lets say not seeing the accident, or been in it yourself), notice a severe accident with no-one on scene yet, and keep on moving without as minimum calling 911 and at least attempt to do basic first aid because you can't be bothered, then it's punishable.
    Or for that sake pull out your phone to take pictures and shoot a movie instead of helping.

You don't HAVE to perform to a certain standard, but after your best ability. You need to have at least done an attempt, even if it's just getting further help because you can't handle it yourself.

less abhorrent than leaving somebody to their death because because you feel uncomfortable.
    No, not at all. I'm not medically trained, why should I be forced to intervene in what is a medical matter to not risk being charged?
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-10-09 at 05:49 PM.

Yes and no.. got no first aid courses done due to ... a disability, and got no mobile (this is one of the few reasons why I would get one) phone. making my usefullness quite limited to sticking around and screaming for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Sounds like China is more up your alley. Plenty of liveleak videos of them not giving two shits about people and letting them rot in the middle of the road after being hit by a car.
    Because if they intervene they can get in trouble for it. They don't have good samaritan laws like some other countries do to void responsibility if their actions cause them more injury.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-10-09 at 05:51 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Definitely.
    The fact that this is a worry in US is scary.
    That's what's called paranoia. Every single USA state has "Good Samaritan" laws that prevent you from being sued.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Yes and no.. got no first aid courses done due to ... a disability, and got no mobile (this is one of the few reasons why I would get one) phone. making my usefullness quite limited to sticking around and screaming for help.
    And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    Just like I am not going to try to perform surgery on the guy laying in the road.

- - - Updated - - -

Because if they intervene they can get in trouble for it. They don't have good samaritan laws like some other countries do to void responsibility if their actions cause them more injury.
    Does South Korea? If it does, then you really are a terrible person. If not, then I completely understand. And you should have stated that in your first post.

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Does South Korea? If it does, then you really are a terrible person. If not, then I completely understand.
    I'm still not going to intervene in what is a medical matter because I'm not medically trained. That's for the people who are medically trained people to do. I'll call for an ambulance but that's it, then I'm leaving, because there's nothing I can do because I'm not medically trained.

No, not at all. I'm not medically trained, why should I be forced to intervene in what is a medical matter to not risk being charged?
    Even drawing attention/getting more help is considered doing something. if the emergency line/911 deem it to be acute they'll try to guide you on the phone, or instruct you to get more help if you're incapable of providing first aid.
    But if someone can't even be bothered to do that it'd probably call it borderline sociopathic.

Is there any mandated first aid training, even basic in south korea?

EDIT: the law states that you have to provide help to the best of your capabilities
    Last edited by freezion; 2019-10-09 at 05:59 PM.

Is there any mandated first aid training, even basic in south korea?
    Only for men, because they do military service.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still not going to intervene in what is a medical matter because I'm not medically trained. That's for the people who are medically trained people to do. I'll call for an ambulance but that's it, then I'm leaving, because there's nothing I can do because I'm not medically trained.
    So you would let them die if nobody medically trained is around? I am not surprised at all.

Then why not state that in your first post, that is at least doing something then what your other posts, that make it seem like you would literally do nothing. If the most you can do is call for help that is still doing something.

So you would let them die if nobody medically trained is around? I am not surprised at all.
    Do you think I know how to treat an injury severe enough to cause death? I know how to apply lidocaine to insect bites and put an adhesive bandage on a superficial cut caused by knife when cooking. That's it.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think I know how to treat an injury severe enough to cause death? I know how to apply lidocaine to insect bites and put an adhesive bandage on a superficial cut caused by knife when cooking. That's it.
    Do you have the ability to plug a hole? If yes, you can easily save someone's life. I am not asking you to do open heart surgery.

Do you have the ability to plug a hole? If yes, you can easily save someone's life. I am not asking you to do open heart surgery.
    Just plug the hole lol. Do you realize how ridiculous you come off as?