Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What if it's not "for the sake of being a dick" but instead because people enjoy it?
    Corpsecamping because they enjoy it is being a dick for the sake of being a dick... they get pleasure out of inflicting suffering on others, I don't know what to call that other than being a dick... Enjoying being a dick doesn't excuse being a dick.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-10-09 at 07:19 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I don't corpse camp and I don't gank lowbies, that's just some straight up dickhead shit. I kill and keep it moving.
    This.

Amazingly small dick energy just radiating here

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    Common Problems
    A player of the opposite faction is camping or killing NPCs
    A player keeps killing me over and over
    Keep getting camped and can't play the game at all

It's listed as a common problem right on the FAQ page. You have options. Play something else, don't roll on a pvp server, spirit rez, run to another spirit rezzer, log off.

If a person chooses to rez 1000 times, they can walk back 1000 times and there is nothing to be done or said about it. They willingly chose the server type fully knowing all that entails. Period.
    I agree with this. There are so many ways not to be camped.
    That is one reason why I love pvp servers. Being aware of your surroundings and not getting into contested areas of the map... Trying to learn to get around them is a challenge at times but it brings in another element of the game that I find enjoyable.

Heres a tip I found that helps!
    Im in STV at the Ness basecamp, shit is always happening there and very contested. The other day I needed to turn in some quests and of course there's like 6 ally hanging out there. To get around this I literally RP walked my way into the camp very slowly and they all looked at me but didnt engage. They didnt consider me a threat but I just thought it was so funny and a good way to use mechanics and elements like this to get what I need.
    They should have attacked me though considering how much of a "dirtbag" I am on this game. I would for sure will engage them after Im done with my turn ins and out and about. lol
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    I hate them and want to see their character suffer.
    You do realize their *character* is not suffering... they are. You know that, right? The character feels nothing. The *player* can no longer play the game while you are camping them. So the real question is this: is your intent to stop other *players* from playing the game? Because that's really all corpse camping does.

I consider it a public service. My faction gets more access to mobs. They get safer areas to quest. Lots of benefits. I consistently kill everyone. I'm not going to share. If you show your face, you die. Period.

The same is done to me. I don't get angry or make up pseudo morality diatribes to try and make sense of it so I can sit on my high horse and try to feel morally superior to try and justify my own stupidity for rolling on a server type which I don't belong. That is the dangerous world game play that I enjoy. Predator or Prey, kill or be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I simply disagree. Just because you CAN do something, it doesn't mean you should. If you are a ganker, ofc you have some issues you are not dealing with. Whenever I get killed I can only imagine an insecure loser on the other end, a failure in life who takes out his or hers angers in a game. The way you play absolutely reflect the way you are in real life. Now I mean "you" as in everyone not YOU specifically.

When the honor system comes, I can understand some people fighting, but it still doesn't excuse unfair fights, meaning attacking low levels or attacking 2vs1. If you are gonna pvp, go 1v1 with an equal level, else you are a pathetic coward.

And I stick by it, if you pvp right now, before honor system, the SOLE reason is to grief others. And if you enjoy destroying the game for others, THAT IS A SADISTIC behaviour. If you are bullied or a sad loser irl (again not direct to YOU buddhapunch09, but in general, I get that you need to take revenge in game. But if you consider yourself a normal person, and waste your life griefing others in a video game, just stop and look what you do with your life.
    Cute psychological analysis you've made there.

I imagine that anyone who gets mad over being ganked on a PvP server, regardless of which phase we're in, must have some issues that he/she is not dealing with.

I get far too much enjoyment over sheeping mages when they're AOE farming so the mobs catch up

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    People like the OP are the reason I rolled on a PVE server. Anyone who rolls on a PVP server is signing up for exactly that, corpse camping and it's their own fault for doing so. I say camp as long as you want, they deserve it for rolling PVP.

I agree with this. There are so many ways not to be camped.
    That is one reason why I love pvp servers. Being aware of your surroundings and not getting into contested areas of the map... Trying to learn to get around them is a challenge at times but it brings in another element of the game that I find enjoyable.

Heres a tip I found that helps!
    Im in STV at the Ness basecamp, shit is always happening there and very contested. The other day I needed to turn in some quests and of course there's like 6 ally hanging out there. To get around this I literally RP walked my way into the camp very slowly and they all looked at me but didnt engage. They didnt consider me a threat but I just thought it was so funny and a good way to use mechanics and elements like this to get what I need.
    They should have attacked me though considering how much of a "dirtbag" I am on this game. I would for sure will engage them after Im done with my turn ins and out and about. lol
    Exactly why I love playing on a PvP server. You can (and sometimes have to) manouvre yourself in and out of various situations. The outcome depends not only on yourself, but also the other player, and that's where and why it's so interesting.

I find that a little too much corpse camping is just enough.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, so glad I dodged the bullet that is PvP servers, this time around.

This video speaks to me, and for me.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It doesn't matter if people are sanctioned for it or not, it's still griefing. Did I say it's wrong though? No. Did I say people shouldn't do it? No. My original point was that on a PvP server I don't openly start shxt because me got things to do, but if people are greifing lower levels and I'm around then i'll help. Do I think it's utterly pathetic when higher levels go around picking on easy one-shot targets for "fun" and think it's griefing other players just because they can, rather than PvPing against people their own level (which they probably can't even take half their health off)? Well...
    You admit I am right even while you spin shit about what you said and didn't say. Griefing is an actionable offence. Blizzard has never taken action against anyone for valid PvP. This proves that camping people for any length of time is not griefing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    You do realize their *character* is not suffering... they are. You know that, right? The character feels nothing. The *player* can no longer play the game while you are camping them. So the real question is this: is your intent to stop other *players* from playing the game? Because that's really all corpse camping does.
    No I mean it in the sense that I hate the character that they play. I dont know the player IRL so I have no harsh feelings towards them. We could be friends for all I know.
    But yes!!! Personally I hate gnomes and try to kill them as much as I can. I also love the sound they make when they die and when they jump up in the air its so funny!
    Im not trying to stop anyone from playing the game. Quite the opposite actually... I want them to get on their main or get friends and spend more time fighting this war with me which might lead to me getting corpse camped too. Like what we were talking about earlier, there are many ways to get around getting camped.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

No they are other faction no1 will care

Now if there is some guy questing and you start a little war in a questing zone peopel may be annoyed. But they won't black list you from groups

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    This video speaks to me, and for me.

OMG OMG THIS GUY PLAYS ON MY SERVER!!
    <3 this video! That opening ding to lvl 60 had me laughing hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This is different, IMO. Still shitty, but if you're not targetting anyone specifically I think it's fine, because people who don't want to participate have the option of leaving the area. It's when you specifically target one player and camp them for hours even when they are trying to leave the area that I find a HUGE issue with.
    Why is it shitty, we're PvPing on a PvP realm.

Im not trying to stop anyone from playing the game. Quite the opposite actually... I want them to get on their main
    That's exactly what you're doing, all intentions aside. Additionally, you're assuming they have a main. Think of it this way: If there was a flag that enabled you to be camped... no other up side... how many people would turn it on? Would you? Or would you enable PvP with no camping as that would result in more time for actual PvP?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Why is it shitty, we're PvPing on a PvP realm.
    Is sitting on someone's corpse to re-kill them when they're 50 levels lower than you REALLY PvP? Or is calling it that just a great way to work out some personal issues?

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post

Is sitting on someone's corpse to re-kill them when they're 50 levels lower than you REALLY PvP? Or is calling it that just a great way to work out some personal issues?
    Are you dense?

OMG OMG THIS GUY PLAYS ON MY SERVER!!
    <3 this video! That opening ding to lvl 60 had me laughing hard!
    Send him my regards if you run into him.