Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never preorder anything. That's fucking retarded.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by XystoZ View Post
    Kinda torn about this, I presume Rockstar Launcher is needed to play anyways?
    Why exactly are you torn?

If you know that you will be playing, by all means preorder, everyone knows what they get out of RDR2 at this point. If you're not sure, then wait and see how it unfolds before you make a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Game is out for a year now... you kinda now what you get.

Even though I've heard the single player game is good, I'd be hesitant myself to give them any money over how they've handled the multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    You must preorder rather often then

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Game is out for a year now... you kinda now what you get.
    Sadly no. Console ports are notoriously shit. PC GTA 5 for instance was filled with hackers and the controls were god awful, actually unplayable without a controller. Its way better to wait 1 month or so after launch. Take WoW classic as an example of that. First week everyone was jerking themselves off over shit like first aid or hogger. Now they're standing in stormwind waiting on content while crying on reddit about hong kong.

A month is a pretty good time frame. All the hype boys are gone and the honest reviews come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Don't. Consumer wise there is very little, if anything at all, to be earned with pre-ordering.
    Depends on what games you own since they're giving you 2 free games for pre ordering it.

The game has been out for awhile, but we don't know the state of the PC port itself.
    Rockstar hasn't done a bad PC port in awhile. Ever since Max Payne 3 their PC ports have been above and beyond what was necessary. This seems like fear mongering with no basis in reality.

Call it whatever you want, I rather be cautious with it considering my previous experience with GTA V.
    GTAV was a great PC port that went above and beyond with both optimization and scaling across a wide variety of systems. So again, yep no basis in reality if we're calling that a bad PC port.

Rockstar's last 2 PC ports in Max Payne 3 and GTAV where both far above and beyond what they needed to be and outclassing almost every other company when it comes to PC ports.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Epic exclusivity. Absolutely disgusting behavior regarding microtransactions, loot boxes, gambling, etc. Not to mention the whole "private investigators" being sent to someone's house. That company can attempt to go procreate with itself. They will not be getting a cent from me.
    Oh the outrage!

You people are genuinely hilarious!
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Sadly, that wasn’t my experience with it, nor the one of many others.

FPS issues even with higher than the recommended specs, random crashes, weird graphical glitches, insane loading times…. and my god, I won’t even start on the Online mode issues.
    https://www.destructoid.com/pc-port-...v-290676.phtml

Better yet take TB's word for it who was an extreme activist on getting better PC ports: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUEYJS799dI

Sure thing champ.

And if by chance you actually are the one unique unicorn having massive tech issues with the game ok? Refund it. Not hard and the #1 reason most PC services offer refund grace periods due to rare hardware incompatibilities.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-10-09 at 11:01 PM.

Hype is gone for it. Will wait for sale. Rockstar has to learn the hard way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The same way they learned with GTAV, also known as the most profitable piece of media ever?

Only thing I'm honestly surprised by is that we get RDR2 before next gen consoles are out

Yeah, that'll show em!
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    The same way they learned with GTAV, also known as the most profitable piece of media ever?

Only thing I'm honestly surprised by is that we get RDR2 before next gen consoles are out
    They had the excuse of tip toeing into the PC market with GTAV.
    They don't have that luxury now, they know it works. They know they can double dip their customers. (Triple dip when the next gen version comes out with improved graphics).

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Yeah, that'll show em!
    It's all I can do, as a customer, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account

I'll admit despite all it's flaws I really did love Red Dead Redemption 2 so I am severely tempted to grab the PC port but with so many new games coming out I'm gonna try really hard to resist.

(Triple dip when the next gen version comes out with improved graphics).
    There won't be a next gen version.

Next gen is fully BC with current, At most it will get a Next Gen Patch.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    So I pressed play, first thing I see is "Installing Rockstar Social Club".... literally why the fuck does that trash exist, second thing I saw was "unable to launch the game, please verify" an amazing start for RDR2 on PC

Game is definitely not running the best right now. I spent an hour tuning the graphics settings and running benchmarks, even after updating to the game ready driver. Half the time I'd try to benchmark, the game would crash.