Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I feel like Erdogan told Trump

"Hey I know this thing about you, I have all the documentation and recordings. We are going to invade Syria and you will not interfere or I will tell your nation"

or something about a Turkey Trump Tower quid pro quo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Just wanted to highlight this common sense post that I agree with.
    BS

But do continue to lecture us how you are so "woke" yet support Trump at every turn.

Supporting him on turning his back on our allies is sick even for you.

Doesn't Trump have an apartment building in Istanbul? Yeah he won't do shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    BS

But do continue to lecture us how you are so "woke" yet support Trump at every turn.

It is interesting to note this phenomena, this is the exact problem that the GOP is dealing with right now. Even when GOP Senators and House members dare to stand up to Trump, his base back him anyway, even on something as extreme as this. If the GOP continues to make a big deal of it, then their voters will increasingly sour on them, and vote in someone like Jim Jordan, who will happily agree with making Ivanka officially a princess or some shit.

Because even when people like McConnell and Graham occasionally get staggered by the sheer immorality of the situation they find themselves in, their voters keep cheering it on, and dragging them all in deeper.

It was never Trump that is the real problem, he is just the catalyst. People like Zenkai that will cheer for the most horrific of atrocities as long as they can spin it as "Winning" are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    BS

Honestly @zenkai is so deeply and profoundly wrong and partisan I would doubt him even if he told me my correct birthday. The odds of him being right are less than the odds of me just being wrong about my birthday for decades and the same amount of years of my parent's lieing about it. He's quite Trumpian in that regard if nothing else.

A right wing politician could probably tell him his date of birth, after randomly guessing it, and he'd immediately internalize it correspondingly. Woke independent indeed.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2019-10-09 at 08:42 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Honestly @zenkai is so deeply and profoundly wrong and partisan I would doubt him even if he told me my correct birthday. The odds of him being right are less than the odds of me just being wrong about my birthday for decades and the same amount of years of my parent's lieing about it. He's quite Trumpian in that regard if nothing else.

A right wing politician could probably tell him his date of birth and he'd immediately internalize it correspondingly. Woke independent indeed.
    I like how you guys didn't attack the person I agreed with, just me for agreeing. You have to make it personal because you don't have an argument.

I like how you guys didn't attack the person I agreed with, just me for agreeing. You have to make it personal because you don't have an argument.
    I like how you play the victim card. You have to make it personal because you don't have an argument.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

We've argued with you dozens of times. You regularly link sources you don't read and then get pissing like a baby when called out that your own source more often than not proves you wrong. You're not arguing in good faith ever I don't see how or why you warrant the effort when you'll literally yank shit out of your ass while using a source that proves it wrong.

How about you step up your game before you criticize anyone else's for calling you out based on your behaviors. Also what Evil said.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2019-10-09 at 08:48 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Simple, difference is motive. The person you are quoting was making a valid point that in our anger at Trump, it is worth remembering that it is Turkey that is ultimately committing the crimes here. However, in light of your constant shilling for the president it is extremely clear that your "Agreeing" was intended to deflect blame from your favorite stable genius. Totally different message, and we are not blind to context.

Yes, Turkey is being monstrous here, Trump is merely complicit in these murders. Yes, complicit isn't quite as bad as committing it themselves, but then we can't very well impeach Erdogan, and our only mechanism for holding him accountable is through Trump. Also, at least Turkey has been consistent in hating the Kurds, they didn't betray them like Trump did.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I like how you play the victim card. You have to make it personal because you don't have an argument.
    Defending myself made it personal? OK if you say so...

Defending myself made it personal? OK if you say so...
    I mean if you can't honestly see how Trump withdrawing from the Kurds would allow or embolden the Turks to act in a violent manner when anyone who isn't a total literal moron could have seen that coming there's not much else to be said. The Turk's are responsible for what they do just as Trump is for what he did. And what he did was open the door to murdering the Turks which American troops were holding closed.

Or else you're tacitly okay with genocide. Or at least you don't consider the extremely minimal footprint we had to be worth the cost of stopping it while also making America look like a push over.

We basically said very small investment that advanced our interests against ISIS and Assad with almost no risk to American life was worth giving Assad and Russia a massive win/opening and allowing Turkey to murder people who considered us close Allies.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2019-10-09 at 09:05 PM.
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Trump had a choice. Protect his business interests in Turkey or protect our allies who shed blood for one of our causes.

So yes, Trump now had blood on his hands. Pretending Trump has no blame here is a failure from the start and won't even work on most republicans.
    Hypocrisy in this thread is off the limits.

In this view, if a terrorist group help you, they are your allies. It does not matter if they kill other innocent people if they also help you and your causes.

Kurdish allies that you guys are referring are terrorists. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranaas View Post
    Hypocrisy in this thread is off the limits.

In this view, if a terrorist group help you, they are your allies. It does not matter if they kill other innocent people if they also help you and your causes.

Kurdish allies that you guys are referring are terrorists. Period.
    So the group the helped is defeat isis and are pro American are the really terrorist who deserve to be slaughtered?

The thing is, I don't think the Kurds ever trusted the US, I think they have known the whole time that as soon as their strained alliance with the US stopped being in the US interest they would dump them and leave them high and dry. Why did they enter this 'alliance' then? Quite simply, they needed guns and they needed supplies. I don't think for a second they were stupid enough to think that the US were ever their friends.

Just FYI, the ground invasion has started. Its fully on now...

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Imagine hearing about the start of a war from Twitter.
    Internet is equally great and terrifying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So the group the helped is defeat isis and are pro American are the really terrorist who deserve to be slaughtered?
    While I am sympathetic of Kurds and think that Erdogan is giant dick that needs to be chopped off, I think some perspective is needed.

Kurds are not exactly blameless and Turkey does have quite a few grievances to settle there. This goes back decades and while one can argue who is right or wrong here, the fact is that Kurdish militants did carry out quite a few outright terrorist attacks on Turkey's soil.

Them being US ally and fighting ISIS does not suddenly whitewash everything.

---

As for all this UN or NATO talk, they will stay away from this. At most you will have some non-binding UN condemnation and NATO will just look the other way because Turkey is a valuable and strategic member there.

The only real chance for Kurds there is to ally with Putin and Assad, that will offer them some measure of protection traded for them being part of Assad Syria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    If the criminal gave you a call and asked you to leave your door open and you left it wide open then it's your fault 100%, this is what Trump did here. Erdogan called he folded like a cheap suit and he is now defending Turkey by saying how great of a trade partner they are. ALSO HE FUCKING INVITED HIM TO THE WHITE HOUSE AS A GUEST RIGHT AFTER.
    Aiding and abetting.

The old, :I'll turn my back and if the jewels go missing I can't do anything about it '.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    While I am sympathetic of Kurds and think that Erdogan is giant dick that needs to be chopped off, I think some perspective is needed.

Kurds are not exactly blameless and Turkey does have quite a few grievances to settle there. This goes back decades and while one can argue who is right or wrong here, the fact is that Kurdish militants did carry out quite a few outright terrorist attacks on Turkey's soil.

Them being US ally and fighting ISIS does not suddenly whitewash everything.

---

As for all this UN or NATO talk, they will stay away from this. At most you will have some non-binding UN condemnation and NATO will just look the other way because Turkey is a valuable and strategic member there.

The only real chance for Kurds there is to ally with Putin and Assad, that will offer them some measure of protection traded for them being part of Assad Syria.
    It has nothing to do with white washing the US made promises to the Kurds even encouraged them to abandon positions at the border to fight ISIS because we "had their back". While you can argue about who is right or wrong they have basically spent years fighting our battles for us only to get screwed when they need us.

Attacking the Kurds isn't going to bail Trump out of this one. Thousands of people are dying and will die because he placed his own personal business interests above all else. This will also make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to get groups in the future to cooperate with the US.

This all by itself should get a president removed from office and placed in prison. It's corrupt and disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    The thing is, I don't think the Kurds ever trusted the US, I think they have known the whole time that as soon as their strained alliance with the US stopped being in the US interest they would dump them and leave them high and dry. Why did they enter this 'alliance' then? Quite simply, they needed guns and they needed supplies. I don't think for a second they were stupid enough to think that the US were ever their friends.
    And in 5 years those gun are going to bite US allies and interests in the ass because some men will lose everything with the betrayal in the back of their minds.

You can see the history repeating itself once again.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Senate republicans still sitting on their asses, with a few of them mumbling on twitter. They're cowards thru and thru.