Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    maybe they can make you farm stuff to post on forums. that would probably clear up a lot of the garbage then.
    Can't really understand what you attempted to express to be honest ....

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope it is that, instead of increasing item lvl, it improves something else. Like giving corruption procs, upgrades your essence or something like that. Ion talked about, that they wanted to solidify, that you get high item level from high tier content, and in this way, item level would be a direct indicator of what content you are doing
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

It's just getting a name change to follow the theme (Like Thunder forged in MoP, Warforged in WoD), the mechanics ain't going anywhere from what I gather.

Void forged ofc decreasing the ilevel of all welfare epics around the globe

My guess is its going to be something similar to benethic gear. However he specifically says that the highest ilvl will be preserved by only doing the most challenging content. I think 9.0 will have a heavy focus on a new solo content mode similar to visions. Probably with its own mythic version as well.

The oroginal titanforging from MOP was fine. Only one upgrade level and much higher chance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Is this real life?
    The most commonly loved feature on MMO-C may be replaced or reworked! And no one is talking about it

What would you want to happen? Any speculations?
    What would you want/think is going to happen?

QUOTE from gentleman Ion:
    Titanforge? Most commonly loved feature?

You mean one of the most hated features, that the vast majority want removed and it seems Blizzard is finally listing to the players?

It doesn't need replacement or rework; it needs to be trashed.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

You mean one of the most hated features, that the vast majority want removed and it seems Blizzard is finally listing to the players?

Theres a slight chance he was sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    I imagine Benthic gear was the test bed for this. As you get involved in assaults, raids, M+ or whatever, you'll probably earn some currency that can then be used at a "titan forge" to buff the ilvl of pieces of gear. That way you can buff up pieces of gear above what they normally drop which makes running varied forms of content constantly rewarding, without taking away the "top gear" from mythic raids.
    Basically what you used to do with valor points, which I actually liked.

I would imagine something you earn instead of get lucky on. Like "do 5 m+ or 10x HC bosses to get points for 10ilvl upgraded item, do 10 m+ or a 5 mythic bosses for 20 ilvl item upgrade" or some currency. And a cap for how much you can grind weekly. Well, I would wish for something like that.

Vast majority lol. Vocal minority on forum, and even then, people are more like 50/50 here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    i too make numbers as i go along
    people hate you mostly in wow, for example! proof im wroong!
    Who cares lol? Dats not game changing.
    Titanforging still going, gonna be upgraded to be even more random. Hell, I wouldn't mind completely random stats on gear.

Facts are we have no clue and people pull statistics from their ass. Given how it went. Apparently people liked TF. So they are not scrapping it, replacing it with another rng.

Atunements and hit rating instead of titanforge would be better

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Is this real life?
    The most commonly loved feature on MMO-C may be replaced or reworked! And no one is talking about it

What would you want to happen? Any speculations?
    What would you want/think is going to happen?

QUOTE from gentleman Ion:
    Attunements and hit rating instead of titanforge would be better. Void stat editors were previously available.

i hope they never replace it, adds replay

- - - Updated - - -

you mean the best thing they ever added, next to legendaries? not gonna happen, if something , even more ilvl titanforge and legs on next expansion.

Nobody, same thing with your comments.
    And exactly the same as yours.

Strawmanning and having grade a delusion at once i see
    No it's your delusion. Because you can't understand people liked it.
    Is this real life?
    Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    > this opinion exists

This world is doomed man
    No, he is correct.

Knowing blizzard they are probably just repackaging titanforging.

My money is on voidforged. Maybe it goes back to more of an upgrade system like thunderforged, upgrade-able items in WoD, or benthic. It is almost a certainty that it will be shittier than titanforging given their track record.

oh i see your post history
    keep the good fight but you need to consistency into your double digit iq trolling!
    A road to getting banned I see. Well the problem is, you really should talk about someone IQ where you are trolling yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Exactly, we already have the inherit drop RNG, why do you need an additional layer? You haven't explained to me yet why you are not happy with the inherit drop RNG. Why do you need another layer of RNG to be satisfied? You can't target a drop, you don't go in and say: I want this item now. If this was the case I would be okay with a small layer of RNG (like sockets yes/no, +10ilvl). But this is not the case, we already have drop RNG, that's ENOUGH! The chances are already reasonable, they don't need to be lowered into the 0,x% chances of it happening.

Let's take M10 as an example, in time you have a 60% chance of getting an item (3 drops per group), then most dungeons have 7-8 relevant drops. Let's use my character as an example and it's 7 (I am mage, Atal dazar dungeon, 7 drops) so you have 14% chance after the initial 60% to get the item you want. Apparently the chance to get a +5 ilvl is 30%, so to reach the cap of 455 on a M10 would be 2,7%. So in conclusion, we have 60%, then 14% and then a whooping 2,7%. And even we say +5 would be the maximum which would be 30% the RNG layers are way over the top for something as simple as a reward for a dungeon. The possible outcomes are in the hundreds, we don't need 100+ different versions of an item past the baseline. And then there is socket RNG, which is very powerful in itself. And I haven't even talked about the Leech/Speed/Indestructible RNG layers which are AGAIN more RNG. They are less impactful (although for tanks leech is pretty strong) but create even more versions of items. It's TOO much, it's NOT fun. If you enjoy this system then I am confident to say you like gambling and lootboxes and probably think slot machines are entertaining.

In the end we have 5 (!!!) RNG layers for drops of varying chances. This is madness. In fact this is worse than some gambling games like Black Jack or Poker. We have inherit drop RNG, item pool RNG, titanforge RNG, Socket RNG, Secondary RNG. It's too much, it needs to end.

The chance of getting pocket aces in texas hold'em poker is 1/221 hands on a 10 player table. The chance of getting an item of your choice with a TF max roll with socket and secondary of your choice is WAY lower. It's ridiculous.
    So much this!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No, he is correct.
    No, you're wrong about him being correct.

That's purely subjective, I think removing titanforging would be a good idea. Defeats the whole purpose of doing mythic raiding and high level content. Also, we need less RNG, sockets are already painful enough to deal with.

I don't know a single soul that loves loves the idea of rolling a dice everytime a piece of gear drops.

At this point, I think you're the minority and him as well.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2019-10-10 at 12:48 AM.