Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Kaldorei's Returned Immortality

Long long ago, when the stupid Titans ripped Ya'Shaarj from the surface of Azeroth, we got stuck with this whirling hottub of arcanic lifeblood known as the Well of Eternity. Fast forward some amount of years later, prolonged exposure to the vicinity of the Well evolved the "dark trolls" into what would become the Night Elves, or Kaldorei. And they built a beautiful empire and lived a long time, yada yada.

Fast forward to the ending of the Third War, the destruction of Nordrassil, the tree grown from phials containing water from the Well of Eternity and blessed by the four remaining Dragon Aspects robbed the Night Elves of their immortality.

Now here we are in BFA, at the end of the "Fourth War" with something that's still possibly in quite an abundance: Azerite, the arcanic lifeblood of Azeroth. And this just being, speculation, there may also a last phial containing the waters of the Well of Eternity. Since I don't believe Blizzard has come out and confirmed/denied that Illidan used it prior to this defeat at Karabor.

So, it comes to this. Between a vengeful race that has lost their home...again, the lifeblood of a titan soul, and now multiple titan facilities up and running that can be exploited...I ask you all. Can Azerite be manipulated in some sense to rebirth the Night Elves eternal longevity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Night elves are punching bags bro.

If anything somehow anduin will become immortal lol. Because reasons.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

5+ Year Old Account
    World soul health > elf afraid of aging.

I believe the immortality came from Nozdormu's blessing, which is why it wasn't restored when Ysera and Alexstrasza blessed Teldrassil. If Azerite + Titan Facilities + Well of Eternity Water could grant someone the power of the Aspect of Time, then I think it's feasible. However, given that the aspects gained their power from the titans themselves, I doubt they build a facility capable of doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Night elves are punching bags bro.

If anything somehow anduin will become immortal lol. Because reasons.
    Go to the designated Anduin whining thread.

The only thing the night elves got in the last like 4 expansions was Tyrande got two black eyes, but it wasn't enough to beat a sylvanas lacky. That was after losing everything else. So most likely that will never be something they get again, as they are kind of an irrelevant force anyway now.
    Last edited by Every Pwny; 2019-10-10 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    The only thing the night elves got in the last like 4 expansions was Tyrande got two black eyes, but it wasn't enough to beat a sylvanas lacky. That was after losing everything else. So most likely that will never be something they get again, as they are kind of an irrelevant force anyway now.
    Frankly, with how shitty the writing is, I'm hoping for the mercy of them being ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Which one?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    nelfs weren't immortal because of tree, nelfs were immortal because of Nozdormu bless to them to protect the tree, and since Nozdormu lost his powers they can't be immortals again
    now they have to live normal nelf life that average only around 10k years, which isn't enough to out-wisdom a 17 year old human of course
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    nelfs weren't immortal because of tree, nelfs were immortal because of Nozdormu bless to them to protect the tree, and since Nozdormu lost his powers they can't be immortals again
    now they have to live normal nelf life that average only around 10k years, which isn't enough to out-wisdom a 17 year old human of course
    They were immortal previous to that, during The Well of Eternity era. After well exploded, they briefly lost their immortality until Nozdormu gave it back to them via blessing.
    Correct me if I’m wrong though, I’m not a night elf fan.

Naga are pretty much immortal or can become immortal because of the remnants of the Well of Eternity in the waters around Naz'jatar and the Maelstrom, which can cause mutations and what not. But not sure this is still the case since nothing of that sort was mentioned since "Nazjatar" and Azshara were brought into the game.

Then on the other hand, i wouldn't be at all surprised if these writers don't know these details. They don't care about the Lore anyway.

"stupid Titans"

Should I be concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Night Elves are indeed a punching bags, Minikin is correct.
    ACCOUNT TERMINATED.

To regain immortality, they need to use powers of azerite but they are not mages like they were before the Sundering. If anything, Horde elves can become immortal again.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nozdormu was the one who blessed the Night Elves with Immorality and that was after the Well's destruction, so messing with Azerite isn't necessarily going to make them immortal again. Also what's with everyone wanting the Elves to be Immortal again? It's not like they did much in the 10,000 years of having it, heck they were fairly unprepared for the Legion's return at the end of it even.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Nozdormu gave Night Elves the gift of immortality, for their role in helping to defeat the burning legion. A sort of thank you blessing. You have to be very entitled, to believe you are granted with immortality by default, just because you exist. That is peak arrogance.

Night elf can become very old, think about it, before the blessing of nozdormu malfurion was already 5.000 years old, nozdormu just made it possible to be more than 10.000 years old. So you could say that malfurion was at that time a 40 year grown up, then give or take you could say that the average night elfs age could be around the 7.000 years.

The most important things that they lost because of the imploding well were: intellect, if they had this then they wouldnt fall under sylvanis's plan brilliant 6d chess.

Also, according to the 8.3 lore, tyrande will be going to hiyal. What im hoping is that the night elfs lift the ban on using the well of eternity, so they can be smart again. Its kinda dumb to lose on your own hometurf and not doing anything in 10.000 years regarding the safety of your people, so i hope the intellect enhancements lets them be smart.
    Last edited by Talrath; 2019-10-10 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Therevanchist View Post

Now here we are in BFA, at the end of the "Fourth War" with something that's still possibly in quite an abundance: Azerite, the arcanic lifeblood of Azeroth. And this just being, speculation, there may also a last phial containing the waters of the Well of Eternity. Since I don't believe Blizzard has come out and confirmed/denied that Illidan used it prior to this defeat at Karabor.
    Illidan used his vial on the Shrine of Lost Souls in Black Temple. It gave his demons (Satyrs and some natherazim) free will of the Legion.

Its in the Warlock Green Fire quest chain from Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    I think when the events at the top of mount hyjal took place they stopped being inmortal again. That chapper is called eternitys end in WC 3.

As far as what they did in the past, well, how about building the single largest empire in the history of azeroth. Claiming a level of mastery over arcane magic thats still unmatched, Azshara was (is) the greatest sorcerer ever. Basically funded druidism and helped create tge emerald dream.
    You mean everything they did prior to having Immortality? None of which was done in the 10,000 years they had it?

I mean, elfs are ancient and their lore is vast.

As far as them not being prepared for the legion... read the lore. Azshara was tricked into bringing them over thru the well itslef. Thats why they had to destroy it.

Elves have done lots of things, good and bad, but trivial they arent.
    You're talking about the Kal'dorei empire before the Legion screwed them. I'm talking about the Night Elves after the Well of Eternity blew up and they had 10,000 years of Immortality during which they did little and weren't prepared for the Legion's return.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Giving them immortality won't fix anything....being immortal doesn't mean being invincible. They don't even have a place to settle down and have kids. Azeroth is dying and a old god is free and ready to butt fuck Azeroth into the void.