Thread: Is this N'zoth?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I am going to go ahead and say that he looks... absolutely unimpressive, especially when compared to the artwork.
    Like a ballsack.
    Totally xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiskwow View Post
    Hey, made an account for this.

There is a Nzoth map in the files and I don't really see anyone mentioning it. I can't post links so copypaste it.
    i.imgur.com/n4qV8xT.png

It's modified nazjatar map. You can look it up here: wow.tools/maps/NZoth/798/6/-28.094/37.078

So it seems like he's pretty big and we'll be walking on him.
    This is super cool! Does anyone have any more information / are there any YouTube videos speculating what this means yet?

Presumably the N'zoth we fight in Nyalotha isn't in Nazjatar... so why bother with this map?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

I was right!
    Yeah, but it is obviously missing other elements of the encounter.

If you open the Dungeon Journal for Uldir and go to see Yoggy's model, it only shows one part of him (which looks like a fat frog TBH) while the Yogg'saron encounter itself consists of way more models (tentacles and brain).

Just like with Yogg's head and C'thun's eye this is only one/main part of the encounter model. There has also been a model datamined called Heart of N'zoth or something like that, and a bunch of different styled tentacles (some with eyes on them, in the style of N'zoth).

So if you wanna compare this to other old god encounters then compare this model to just the main models in the other encounters since we know nothing as of now about everything else that will be there. In that sense IMO this looks better than just a vagina with a floating eye or a fat frog model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    The fact that "Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire" would be Kryptonite to ... Black Empire's chief/lieutenant/god/master whatever is beyond stupid to start with.
    If Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire was enough to kill Old Gods, well Y'shaarj (the freaking strongest of 'em all) would have perished from this Blade back in the good ol' Black Empire days.

All those Kryptonite stuff to give an invulnerable enemy an easy weakness sounds bad writing to me. "Oh, we created an enemy who's way too strong ? Well, let's say he is allergic to Goblin's blood because why not".

Let's be honest: If N'zoth is defeated by a pathetic stab from one pathetic dagger (have you tried stabbing any old god minion with a SPriest ? doesn't do shit), after you went immune to his whispers thanks to a human-crafted potion, N'zoth will leave World of Warcraft as the most pathetic end boss you've ever faced in Video Game History so far.
    From what I gathered, Blade of the Black Empire was made EXACTLY for the purpose of dealing with old gods (and was used on Xal'atath, presumably once an old god). It was probably created by the void as a tool in case one of their creations goes rogue. It doesn't kill them, it just imprisons them.

And while the shadow priests use the Blade it doesn't insta imprison any other void creation probably because it is occupied by Xal'atath during Legion and there is probably some type of ritual behind using it for its purpose.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post

If you open the Dungeon Journal for Uldir and go to see Yoggy's model, it only shows one part of him (which looks like a fat frog TBH) while the Yogg'saron encounter itself consists of way more models (tentacles and brain).

Just like with Yogg's head and C'thun's eye this is only one/main part of the encounter model. There has also been a model datamined called Heart of N'zoth or something like that, and a bunch of different styled tentacles (some with eyes on them, in the style of N'zoth).

So if you wanna compare this to other old god encounters then compare this model to just the main models in the other encounters since we know nothing as of now about everything else that will be there. In that sense IMO this looks better than just a vagina with a floating eye or a fat frog model.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I gathered, Blade of the Black Empire was made EXACTLY for the purpose of dealing with old gods (and was used on Xal'atath, presumably once an old god). It was probably created by the void as a tool in case one of their creations goes rogue. It doesn't kill them, it just imprisons them.

And while the shadow priests use the Blade it doesn't insta imprison any other void creation probably because it is occupied by Xal'atath during Legion and there is probably some type of ritual behind using it for its purpose.
    I suspect everyone is getting played by N'zoth and he's planned this all out. Going off the way he grabbed Azshara and the look on her face and whats happening to her in the raid I figure he knew she planned to betray him and planned accordingly. Also don't for get he told Xal'atath "the blade must remain to serve my will", dudes up to something
    Last edited by Reavant; 2019-10-09 at 01:56 PM.

You're probably right. Anyway in this case that sounds stupid from N'zoth to let us get Xal'atath back instead of making it disappear forever. If its only purpose is to imprison Old Gods, which only him remains (and Xal itself, but we don't really know where it/he/she is know), there isn't any reasonable purpose I can see for him to want anyone to have it. Unless he knows there is another Old God threat somewhere ... ?

(inb4 N'zoth's redemption story in 9.3 when we'll have to free him from the Blade to imprison another stronger Old God, huehuehue)

7+ Year Old Account
    You're probably right. Anyway in this case that sounds stupid from N'zoth to let us get Xal'atath back instead of making it disappear forever. If its only purpose is to imprison Old Gods, which only him remains (and Xal itself, but we don't really know where it/he/she is know), there isn't any reasonable purpose I can see for him to want anyone to have it. Unless he knows there is another Old God threat somewhere ... ?

(inb4 N'zoth's redemption story in 9.3 when we'll have to free him from the Blade to imprison another stronger Old God, huehuehue)
    Hasn't it been mentioned before (even in Legion prepatch when we go to Ulduar) that we didn't kill the Old Gods, just pushed them back.
    Pretty sure there is also a post vanilla comic where the characters battle Cthun again (tho how canon some of those characters are is a whole-other discussion).

And in the time that Xalatath fell into our hands during CoS it might've been in his interest for us to have it but the plan backfired for him when Sylvanas and Azshara aligned.

Also, he might WANT to be imprisoned and then gain a body that can actually move around like Xal'atath.

Truth is, we don't know why he let us have it or what is Xal'atath doing right now.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Think about it. He is the only reason it could possibly be used for this purpose at all, and he had no real reason to do so.

Do you really feel safe attempting it now?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambulatory Cube View Post
    The only 2D part is the skybox in the far back--a row of mountains on the left, a temple in the middle, and the tentacle.

The platform you speak of and the big temple and mountains behind and to the right of it are real objects and terrain. I don't think it's a terrible effect, really. I thought it was pretty cool on Argus, there was a lot of nice details in it. That tentacle probably moves, even.
    When you see it and find it obvious its there.. like me the place already feels small.. I had the same with argus it felt realy small and no real room for exploration which sucks imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Phew..never in my life would I have believed for even one second that it would actually look like this in the game, but would rather consider this concept art...or a loading screen.

Hopefully
    Yr its a paintaing in the back..

- - - Updated - - -

Damn this picture hurts me

Hope that's not finished because that's... bad
    Yea its painfull when you see it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Ny'Alotha and the Black Empire should be an entire expansion. N'zoth should show up and harass and talk to us across the entire expansion like the Lich King did in WotLK. This formula basically writes itself, and is proven to be high-end quality. How it is that Blizzard doesn't understand this I don't know. Trying to cram everything into a single patch is pure fucking failure.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, because THAT makes sense. An old god so powerful and dangerous, they had to trap it inside one of the most magic-infused and powerful planets in the universe. But here, jam that into a stupid knife.

If that's what Blizzard thinks they're going to do, then they should kick their writers squarely in the head to shake some sense loose.
    If you look back through all bfa you will see that it is a likely outcome. Also n’Zoth is the weakest of the old gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Reavant View Post
    I suspect everyone is getting played by N'zoth and he's planned this all out. Going off the way he grabbed Azshara and the look on her face and whats happening to her in the raid I figure he knew she planned to betray him and planned accordingly. Also don't for get he told Xal'atath "the blade must remain to serve my will", dudes up to something
    Probably the only thing that might almost redeem BFA at this point is if Sylvanas' big, stupid MORALLY GREY plan blows up in her face. Like, she stabs N'zoth with the dagger...and he just starts laughing.

The look on her face afterwords would be priceless.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

I was right!
    The scaling is probably wrong here given the Art work and the cinematic where the eye was massive. they could easily scale it 3 times over without looking blurred

Hasn't it been mentioned before (even in Legion prepatch when we go to Ulduar) that we didn't kill the Old Gods, just pushed them back.
    Pretty sure there is also a post vanilla comic where the characters battle Cthun again (tho how canon some of those characters are is a whole-other discussion).
    They're dead according to blizzard. Even Yogg'saron acknowledges that he's dying as we kill him - "The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity." (corpse implies he's dead). An old god being dead though doesn't necessarily stop their influence though, as seen be Yshaarj who was very dead but still caused all kinds of issues in MoP.

The old gods not actually being dead is one of the widest spread myths on these forums, right next to using magic in a makgora being cheating (there's nothing to indicate that it is).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reavant View Post
    What Is worse then an old god trapped beneath a continent? An old god in a dagger travelling around Azeroth freely corrupting everyone it passes.

Well we did already see the datamined models of his avatar, "worm"-form and heart. How much more do we really need? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rivex View Post
    The scaling is probably wrong here given the Art work and the cinematic where the eye was massive. they could easily scale it 3 times over without looking blurred
    It seems in line with the size of the other 2 old-gods we have seen thus far; WoWhead has a direct comparison of the 3 models.
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2019-10-10 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Well it's either that or this:
    https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...Creature01.jpg

Though one could be the Carapace and the other "his true form".
    Now that's much better. That incomplete top of the head/thumb looking thingy was seriously unimpressive in size especially when you see it compared to Yogg and C'thun from the wowhead pic.
    Kthxhugsbye