Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Selling Princess kills

So people (usually druids) on my server are selling Princess kills in Maraudon for the BS (apparently, I don't play melee) ring. Was this done in Vanilla too?

Just seems a little lame, but I guess each to their own.

Nothing stops you from doing Mara at 50 till you get it, instead of buying a boost.

The idea of selling runs through content existed the day WoW launched, as it was something that had already happened in previous MMORPGs. Nothing really lame about it. People have always done it and they always will. It's less common on Classic (and older MMORPGs) than Retail because Personal Loot made it so people didn't have to worry about losing loot to the people they ran through, so that's a plus I supposed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to pay 1g per DM run for my level 19 pvp rogue back in the days. Let him clear all this shit, wait for me on a boss, kill the boss, walk out to stop getting experience... rince and repeat.

Yeah, selling dungeon runs is nothing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Didn't see selling of any sort of run/kill on Hyjal back in Vanilla until Casual started selling MC kills.

I do not remember it being spammed on chat like this no. It is part of the culture of retail wow (that I also play).
    - selling powerlevel boost / Carry runs (selling Heroic / Mythic raid runs or Arena / RBG runs for gold or money)
    - server hopping (became layer hopping in Classic)
    - min/maxing to the extreme (m+ speedrun culture)
    - cleaving to the extreme (LFG / LFR aoe fest culture)

All of that is from retail players. All of that (beside layer /server thing obviously) did exist back then as well, but never in the proportions we see it now in Classic wow.
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2019-10-10 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    So people (usually druids) on my server are selling Princess kills in Maraudon for the BS (apparently, I don't play melee) ring. Was this done in Vanilla too?

Just seems a little lame, but I guess each to their own.
    im a rogue,
    and i sell,
    Fire walker, Arena, Angerforge, golem Lord, and Sprigget runs in BRD,

there is a decent set of healing gear from each of those Bosses,

HoJ from Anger,
    Second Wind from Golem Lord,

youd be surprised how many people buy it.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

BS means Blacksmith. Please use BiS instead.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Yup, and it didn't stop there.

Once the players realized what kind of bad joke MC and Onyxia were they started selling gear from them. I belive a piece of MC gear went for about 200-400g back in the day on my server (Aerie Peak - EU).

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    BS means Blacksmith. Please use BiS instead.
    In this context, BS stands for Blackstone. As in the Blackstone ring.

Please read.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post

Please read.
    Then it should prolly be shortened to BSR as it's full name is [Blackstone Ring] ratehr than arbitrarily dropping part for shorthand nevermind that most variation of acronyms in the 2 character configuration are already saturated and need more context anyways.

Do remember the context given merely said "BS [...] ring" while discussing a ring that is besiacally the Best in Slot for all phys dps builds while also being called Blackstone so really the OP could do with avoiding shorthand because they think it's assumed because they decided to pick two letters that are already associated with at least 2 or three other things.

edit:

Honestly.. the OP's post doens't have much context to really have BS lean much between BiS or BSR... if it's to be Blackstone then it's a weird acronym for entirely dropping part of the title you. Meanwhile dropping 'is' from 'Best in Slot' would still make some sense as 'is' would be regarded as a pointless filler word.

I'd personally lean to BiS as the original meaning since they added on "Ring" following it anyways and sub-60 blues rarely earned acronym status anways... not every loot item is an Arcanite Reaper or The Nicker (a way better name anyways)
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2019-10-10 at 06:27 AM.

Please read.
    Well that's BS. BS in this context stands for bullshit.

Its always been a thing in wow, to sell runs/boosts.

I remember those very early days in classic I would run friends/guildies through dungeons. Later on strangers would also /w me about it and I helped them out too. Cant say I took gold for it though, dont remember.

Today you also have alot of retail culture coming into classic. In retail selling m+ boosts, raid clears, arena carry and more is normal. tradechat is literally spammed all the time about it. It sucks. Especially knowing you can buy gold today for real money.

But each to theyre own. If people are willing to waste gold (and real money in retail) for boost, go ahead. Not my kind of gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by lohi View Post
    Well that's BS. BS in this context stands for bullshit.
    Well, people who had the experience of doing Maraudon Princess would have been able to construe the context that BS mean Blackstone in this case.

I suppose from the viewpoint of someone never have done it, it would look a bit odd and as though he meant to say BiS.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

This is not uncommon. Solo Princess runs have always been a thing. Hunters always did it as it's a very neat income and easy to do. Same goes for soloing Dire Maul which probably also will be sold for people that don't want the hassle of finding a group and running the dungeon.

And that ring is coveted yes. It can keep a long time for warriors and rogues.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

Now I am confused. What does BS stand for?!

Genuinely thought this was going to be a thread about people selling Princess runs not Princess Theredras.

Don't ask me how that was meant to work, it's early.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Please read.
    No one have ever called it BS ring, not once, it's not a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Genuinely thought this was going to be a thread about people selling Princess runs not Princess Theredras.

Don't ask me how that was meant to work, it's early.
    I was about to post the exact same thing... curse you, broken coffee maker!

10+ Year Old Account
    Asked a guild mate if i could join just to get the ring and plate pants, see a lot of "princess runs" not so much 60s selling