Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much knew they were coming out for ages. I wouldn't say disappointed, just they feel delayed almost for too long, especially Vulpera.

Personally I have no intention of even making a Mechagnome. Between having 49 Characters already and disliking Gnomes, I have no love for them. I also strongly dislike that their limbs are not covered by Armour and being a transmog fan, I don't really like it. Their heritage armour is decent but as I said, I just plain don't like them.

I actually like Vulpera. I think they look alright, although I personally think their faces could do with a few more options but I will make an Alt one. I don't like their heritage armour but there's a lot of decent sets pre BFA for them to use. Also love the dance, kind of expected it. Also if anyone hasn't see this it's great (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGnM_MluWaM).

I'm more curious now as to what the final pair of Allied Races are. I'm half expecting something to be announced during Blizzcon similar to Void Elves/LFD/HMT and Nightborne to go with the 9.0 announcement.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Arg0n View Post
    This may have been asked in the last 16 pages, but have they announced if you can do the Mechagnome unlock requirements on Horde and then do the quest on an Alliance char (As they are technically able to be met by both factions)? Or am I going to have to do the Mechagon stuff again on an Alliance character?
    It should work doing it on your horde toon. I did the Void Elf and Lightforged requirements on my horde toon and the quests were available to unlock them on my ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Pretty much knew they were coming out for ages. I wouldn't say disappointed, just they feel delayed almost for too long, especially Vulpera.

Personally I have no intention of even making a Mechagnome. Between having 49 Characters already and disliking Gnomes, I have no love for them. I also strongly dislike that their limbs are not covered by Armour and being a transmog fan, I don't really like it. Their heritage armour is decent but as I said, I just plain don't like them.

I actually like Vulpera. I think they look alright, although I personally think their faces could do with a few more options but I will make an Alt one. I don't like their heritage armour but there's a lot of decent sets pre BFA for them to use. Also love the dance, kind of expected it. Also if anyone hasn't see this it's great (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGnM_MluWaM).

I'm more curious now as to what the final pair of Allied Races are. I'm half expecting something to be announced during Blizzcon similar to Void Elves/LFD/HMT and Nightborne to go with the 9.0 announcement.
    As a norwegian, I am quite pleased that Vulpera got that dance from Ylvis. I couldn't remember where I had seen it before, but I really liked it on the female Vulpera when I checked PTR yesterday. All in all, I like Vulpera more now than I thought I would, deffo making/race changing a vulpera alt, probably a hunter, maybe mage. Maybe both!

Gnomes though, horrible creatures...

Can see on youtube now that "what does the fox say" video got more comments the last two days regarding Vulperas
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-10-10 at 01:46 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I mean, what if I do?
    Then you’d know that the mechagnomes mount is a comply new model and that making comply new moving models for the hand and legs and other bits isn’t any thing like a simple reskin?

Will they be bare-pawed like Worgen?

Because if that's the case, I'm going to be spamming /tickle.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    why i would do a petition to get an alliance race, why i am? a delusional HE fan?
    Maybe you should stop acting like the Alliance wants them, because I know the Horde doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post

We don't ask for Alliance races.. we're not jealous HE fans
    Then stop acting like the Alliance wants them either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Then you’d know that the mechagnomes mount is a comply new model and that making comply new moving models for the hand and legs and other bits isn’t any thing like a simple reskin?
    Its close to a reskin - especially when compared to the Vulpera. Do you like the new mount for Mechagnomes? I doubt anyone actually does. Its lazy.

Man besides Void Elf everything has been a dissapointment in terms of races for the alliance oh well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should stop acting like the Alliance wants them, because I know the Horde doesn't.
    again, why the hore would want an alliance race? gnome players want then

Then stop acting like the Alliance wants them either.
    the alliance want then, theya re just mad because it came with vulpera

Its close to a reskin - especially when compared to the Vulpera. Do you like the new mount for Mechagnomes? I doubt anyone actually does. Its lazy.
    the vulpera one is a reskin but you consider the new model a reskin compared to the reskin

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Then the Allied races, same boring draenei only with gold tattoos.

Kul Turan humans, more humans. Although they look better than the old humans.

Dark iron dwarves are actually cool,

Void elves are lame, it's basically a blood elf that's blue.

Horde got brand spanking new mounts.

A hyena, a spider, a brontosaurus, pterodactyls, and a raptor that came with the deluxe version. All these mounts were decorated beautifully down to the last detail, new models too.

Allied races of horde were actually better,

The zandalari trolls were new models, and beautifully designed.

Highmountain tauren are also detailed, and the druid can turn into a moose.

Night borne elves, pretty unique and different from the elves we have. Well done and beautiful armor and mount.

Mag har orcs, the design and armor is amazing and the mount is great too.
    I like how "Highmountain Tauren" and "Mag'har Orcs" are cool when Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves are just recolored Races. Hint: HM Tauren are Tauren with two different horns and Mag'har Orcs are just differently colored Orcs.
    Mentioning the Moose form of HM Tauren and ignoring unique KT Druid forms too.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    The interface is outdated and looks like shit, for starters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aziri View Post
    Have you tried selling anything in the past 6 years?
    I really hope people are not using the default AH Ui, Addons are there for a reason people.

Alliance got screwed over the most with bfa, especially the new mounts. All horses and griffons.

The horses also barely had an armor, and the griffons had shitty paper thin wings, barely any armor, and I don't even like griffons.

A hyena, a spider, a brontosaurus, pterodactyls, and a raptor that came with the deluxe version. All these mounts were decorated beautifully down to the last detail, new models too.

Horde got brand spanking new mounts.
    Hmm....I do think there was an overabundance of horses, but Alliance did just get the Bee mount. And they also got the Ironclad Frostclaw Wolf, which is pretty rad.

Then the Allied races, same boring draenei only with gold tattoos.

Kul Turan humans, more humans. Although they look better than the old humans.

Dark iron dwarves are actually cool,

Void elves are lame, it's basically a blood elf that's blue.

Allied races of horde were actually better,

The zandalari trolls were new models, and beautifully designed.

Highmountain tauren are also detailed, and the druid can turn into a moose.

Night borne elves, pretty unique and different from the elves we have. Well done and beautiful armor and mount.

Mag har orcs, the design and armor is amazing and the mount is great too.
    As opposed to those sick Tauren with facepaint and moose horns, and Orc with brown skin instead of green? Oh, not to mention the starved drug-addict elves? Come on now..... this isn't a real argument. Both sides got some fairly lame additions and some good stuff too.

But no, they got gnomes. I hate gnomes with a passion. The squeaky voices, the tiny short stature, the ugly faces, ugh.
    So....this person just doesn't like gnomes. That doesn't mean gnomes are bad.

I was one of them who wanted that, and I'm ashamed of the favoritism that blizzard has for a horde and doesn't give alliance players anything they want.
    Besides that insane war mode bonus, you mean?

Sorry, this entire set of posts just comes off as someone who's mad they didn't get exactly what they wanted, in exactly the way they wanted it. This isn't a case of horde or alliance bias. It's just a few people that are sore they're not getting their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Nobady asked for anything. It was all Blizzard decisions. You see few posts on forum and instanly think oh yeah this is exactly what horde wanted even tho it is like 5 people on the forums.
    What in the blue fuck are you talking about? People have been asking for things since before the game even launched. Yes it is up to Blizzard to decide if/when/how to implement requests, but people have still been asking. 'Nobody asked for anything' is a statement that is nonsensical to the point of being outright asinine.

Also the conversation around Vulpera has been going on since the race was first datamined, and especially since all the extra animations were in place. It might not be some overwhelming majority clamoring for them, but you're being equally hyperbolic with your 'it is like 5 people on the forms' comment. You're complaining people are overplaying the hype but then turning around and underplaying it. Kinda hurts your argument.

snip.
    Well, as a Horde player I say that the reddit post is highly exaggerated; things like HM Tauren and LF Draenei are pretty much in the same ballparks and so on.

But I kind of agree with the point that the Alliance, despite crying too much, has good basis to do.
    Alliance story after Vanilla became nonsense, BfA was the culmination of stupid decisions starting from the whole Nigh Elven debacle, ironically you can now see rabid Night Elves fans even on this forum who go after "Humans" and Alliance players in general trying to blame them for things that rests solely on bad writing.

Historically we also have precedents of Alliance never getting what they want.
    In Vanilla everyone wanted to play as High Elves since they were a classic choice and their npcs were already present in Alliance settlements; Blizzard gave them to the Horde to please Korean players and we can still feel the effects of that decision more than a decade later.
    After TBC and the Draenei inclusion the Alliance wanted to play Broken Draenei to be like Nobundo or Akama or whatever; never happened for unknown reason, instead Blizzard gave them "even more light" Draenei.
    After Cataclysm the Alliance wanted to play as Wildhammer shamans; not only that never happened but Blizzard also removed tatoo options from normal dwarves in the beta, just to be sure.
    As of Legion everyone loved Suramar and wanted Nightborne playable; Blizzard gave them to the Horde (with not so good models though).
    I could go on with Furbolgs, Arakkoa, Sethrak and other things but the point is clear that, with the exception of maybe Dark Iron Dwarves, the Alliance was never given something they asked for but always had to settle with something else.
    Add the whole horse debacle and nonsensical-forever-the-loser story and you can easily see where the sentiment comes from.

On our side we pretty much received everything we asked for.
    Goblins? Done, Zandalari? Sure have them and with more gold on top, Mag'har? Yes and with all the possible clan skins you could ask for.
    Okay, we never asked for HM Tauren but whatever, they are ok.
    I'm pretty sure that if we would band together to ask for flying laser space pig mounts for the Horde we would eventually receive them aswell, heck we could receive pretty much everything except for one thing: Ogres.
    The Horde has been asking for Ogres (or at least Mok'Nathal) since the dawn of time but we can never get them for unknown (read marketing) reasons.
    That is our only taboo/carrot on a stick/whatever.
    For reasons.

Saberon lends itself on a silver plate to be the final AR for the alliance (worgen skeleton I believe?)
    Not sure about the story tho.
    Maybe Donni Anthania adopts some of them in her little house and that's where they start.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswen View Post
    On our side we pretty much received everything we asked for.
    Goblins? Done, Zandalari? Sure have them and with more gold on top, Mag'har? Yes and with all the possible clan skins you could ask for.
    Okay, we never asked for HM Tauren but whatever, they are ok.
    I'm pretty sure that if we would band together to ask for flying laser space pig mounts for the Horde we would eventually receive them aswell, heck we could receive pretty much everything except for one thing: Ogres.
    The Horde has been asking for Ogres (or at least Mok'Nathal) since the dawn of time but we can never get them for unknown (read marketing) reasons.
    That is our only taboo/carrot on a stick/whatever.
    For reasons.
    Counter-argument:
    Dark Iron Dwarves? Give them their own special instanced Shadowforge City!
    Mag'har? I mean we've got all that outdated stuff in the Barrens from Garrosh that is just wasted space, and the plains would make a good home. But you know what just stick them in a building in Orgrimmar who cares.
    Mechagnomes? Give them their own special instanced Mechagon City!
    Vulpera? Look we gave them an entire wagon parked by a wall in Orgrimmar what more do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Saberon lends itself on a silver plate to be the final AR for the alliance (worgen skeleton I believe?)
    Not sure about the story tho.
    Maybe Donni Anthania adopts some of them in her little house and that's where they start.
    Both Botani and Saberon fled the scene in Durotar. Last time I checked, Overgrowth in Southern Barrens was looking pretty similar to Everbloom. I mean I am not saying anything but that would be the first place where I would try to settle if I was a Botani. Saberons seemed like they would be pretty comfortable in zones like Durotar or Barrens as well. Or even Desolace. They would be great choices.

Ogres and Naga can come as core races.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2019-10-10 at 01:02 PM.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...I've reserved my Vulpera names.......MichaelJFox and Foxnooz on EU Stormscale

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ya it doesn’t work that way at all. Making a comply new model will never be close to just swapping the textures out like they did for dark irons or high mountain.

Nice try Blizz

you almost made me use 10% of my power.