7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    I would agree if not the allied races and mounts for the Alliance in BFA. Awful.
    alliance can get and use all the horde mounts, yet they gained exclusive ones

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    no Vulpera ?
    Why vulpera? Just because they are small? They are nomads living in the desert. They are not tinkers and engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmjowz View Post
    I hope they announce Dark Ranger as a New Class, it will be So damn good, creating my human male dark ranger with new hair style and custimaztion options in order to create my own Natnahos Brightcaller.
    Guh, why would you want to emulate the most insufferable WoW NPC ever granted a moment in the spotlight?

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I feel like the bolded section would be more accurate if you went with a singular instead of plural
    Thing is, so far there are 2 tinker fans I refer to who both have done arguments "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE AND LIKE WHAT I LIKE".
    So plural is correct. But yeah, not all tinker fans, but many tinker fans. Plenty of people that have expressed same sentiment that they aren't against tinkers per se, but their fanbase tends to be odd when it comes to others not liking tinkers. Shouldn't generalise anyway.

Guh, why would you want to emulate the most insufferable WoW NPC ever granted a moment in the spotlight?
    I know he is one of the most hated one, but my dark ranger would be a nice dark ranger looks like him, ying yang version of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Why vulpera? Just because they are small? They are nomads living in the desert. They are not tinkers and engineers.
    Dwelling in Vol'dun, the vulpera can't afford to waste resources. Over time, they have learned to take anything that looks even remotely useful and be creative using what they have,[5] and they have learned to recognize value wherever it hides in the desert.[6]
    This sounds like a race that would have a knack for picking up something like tinkering or engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Hated Mechagnome Player View Post
    This sounds like a race that would have a knack for picking up something like tinkering or engineering.
    Usually when people refer to which class fits to what race it has to do with cultural background and history of the arts the class brings. Scavenging in a desert with little technology is kind of the antithesis of what a Tinker is. Their curiosity would help them learn the craft, but if we use "they can learn it" as a metric for a class to fit a race then literally every class can fit any race. There's no reason why no race can't learn what another class knows. We know that's not the metric blizzard uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hated Mechagnome Player View Post
    Their whole motif is that of nomadic traders. Essentially gypsies. They use alchemy but never anything more technical than that. I don't think Tinker really fits their race at all.

They are what you would get if you mixed the cunning of Goblins and the whimsical nature of Gnomes.
    They don't really share the technical proclivities of those 2 races, they'd prefer to sit around a camp fire and swap stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because dark rangers are clearly horde only. Don't ask questions you know the answer to.

Maybe that will change next expansion (though I really don't want a dark ranger class so I don't really want to see this happen)
    Why didn't it happen THIS expansion?

It's not going to change next expansion. In 8.3 Blizzard established that the NE that Sylvanas raised are joining the Forsaken because they're "lost". It is one of the catalysts that moves Calia into the position of the Forsaken's new leader.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    Agreed. I honestly hate the idea of tinkers being a class. Just not my style.
    I've always said the same thing. "Tinker" being a class reminds me a lot of "Inscription" being a profession... it feels like they're just reaching for something at this point. Hell, a Bard class would feel more original - and they're the butt of most jokes about RPGs! ;P

I guess it's just something to do with "Tinker" being some class in an outdated RTS? /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Simple question to answer. The reason why we didn’t get a new class this expansion is because of statistics. We have been getting a new class every other expansion since wotlk 100%. Every class has been tied to the expansions theme. I don’t see why you delusional people can’t see that. There’s a pattern. If we were talking about final fantasy 14 then I wouldn’t have even joined in this conversation. Why? Cuz they don’t have jobs(classes) ties to the theme of the expansion. The only exception is samurai with stormblood. But we are talking about WoW here so I digress. Why do you think tinker has the slightest chance of possibly even being considered for the next expansion with the current events of WoW. Sorry bro but you’re just setting yourself up for disappointment, it’s laughable.
    Uh, because the current expansion typically has little to do with the themes of the current expansion. Certainly some elements continue onward, but by and large, expansions tend to "reset" everything and are largely self contained. So whatever themes are at work here will more than likely be concluded by the end of this expansion, and the next expansion will be something else entirely. The only expansion that ever carried directly over to the next was WoD to Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    alliance can get and use all the horde mounts, yet they gained exclusive ones
    You can get a Goblin Trike as an Alliance member?

BfA would have been the perfect expansion for the introduction of tinkers. It didn’t happen.
    Nah. Before BFA, the in-universe technology wasn't quite there yet. But next expansion, after BFA's Azerite-fuelled tech-boom? Perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I've always said the same thing. "Tinker" being a class reminds me a lot of "Inscription" being a profession... it feels like they're just reaching for something at this point. Hell, a Bard class would feel more original - and they're the butt of most jokes about RPGs! ;P

I guess it's just something to do with "Tinker" being some class in an outdated RTS? /shrug
    You mean like the Death Knight, Brewmaster, and Demon Hunter which all came from that same outdated RTS and became WoW classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh, because the current expansion typically has little to do with the themes of the current expansion. Certainly some elements continue onward, but by and large, expansions tend to "reset" everything and are largely self contained. So whatever themes are at work here will more than likely be concluded by the end of this expansion, and the next expansion will be something else entirely. The only expansion that ever carried directly over to the next was WoD to Legion.
    The ending cinematic for AtBT clearly showed the theme for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    *facepalm*

Why are you tinker fans so hellbent on being insufferable and obnoxious tools who tell others what they should enjoy and not.
    No Hunter doesn't cover Dark Ranger because Hunters have 0 abilities that are associated with Dark Rangers.
    I never said you shouldn't enjoy the Dark Ranger concept, I simply said that the Hunter class covers it because Dark Rangers are just Forsaken Hunters. You can play as a Forsaken or Void Elf Hunter and even tame some dark creature as a pet. What's the problem? You're not a Banshee? Neither are 99.9% of Dark Rangers in lore, so you're fine.

Engineering is covering your Tinker needs. Guess we are back to kindergarten arguments as you've demonstrated in earlier discussions. As well as in your reply that's filled with assumptions and misconstrued versions of my arguments.
    You can't complete quests, dungeons, or raids (i.e. play the game) with profession items, so your argument fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You mean like the Death Knight, Brewmaster, and Demon Hunter which all came from that same outdated RTS and became WoW classes?
    Yup - that one.

At least those three classes have an appeal OUTSIDE of the RTS is my point, and you damn well know that. ;P

Also, Brewmaster isn't a class - it's a tanking subspec of Monk. Monk's weren't in the outdated RTS. Only thing resembling a Monk was a joke character who swung a beer keg around to kill people. Nobody ever called Chen a "Monk" - just a "Pandaren Brewmaster".
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2019-10-10 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    Nah. Before BFA, the in-universe technology wasn't quite there yet. But next expansion, after BFA's Azerite-fuelled tech-boom? Perfect.

Before bfa there were plenty of notable tinkers that it could have been an og class along side there others in vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ending cinematic for AtBT clearly showed the theme for BfA.
    It showed Sagares throwing his sword into Azeroth. It didn't show the Horde and Alliance at war, or N'Zoth working behind the scenes to free himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Yup - that one.

At least those three classes have an appeal OUTSIDE of the RTS is my point, and you damn well know that. ;P
    Considering that the Tinker appeared in HotS, and WoW, and it wins every class poll on this forum and others by wide margins, it clearly has a great deal of appeal outside of the old RTS.

Also, Brewmaster isn't a class - it's a tanking subspec of Monk. Monk's weren't in the outdated RTS. Only thing resembling a Monk was a joke character who swung a beer keg around to kill people. Nobody ever called Chen a "Monk" - just a "Pandaren Brewmaster".
    You do understand that the Pandaren Brewmaster formed the basis of the Monk class right?
    Last edited by Teriz; 2019-10-10 at 01:57 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Tinkers would be the most plausible choice.

It's been the most widely discussed and anticipated class for the past 4+ years now.
    Outside of the same like 30 People I see keep bringing it up on MMO-C, I've quite literally never seen anyone else even care or mention Tinkers in my 15years of playing WoW