Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    The ending cinematic for AtBT clearly showed the theme for BfA.
    ... The hell does that stand for?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    You can get a Goblin Trike as an Alliance member?
    we were talking about bfa

yet the alliance have: access to the blood elf gladiator bird, while horde don't have alliance gladiador mounts, all the pteroax and raptors and direhorn.

and exclusive: updated ram, one-head core hound, Lion(while the alliance can get scorpions), bee, now the mechagnome mount and prob more that i don't remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    Antorus the Burning Throne.

Before bfa there were plenty of notable tinkers that it could have been an og class along side there others in vanilla.
    Again, nah. There's only been a very select few, and they're basically the Tony Starks of the Warcraft universe. Mekkatorque, Romuul, Gazlowe... that's it, really. Not including the Lightforged Draenei stuff, which was all quietly swept under the rug after Argus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Antorus the Burning Throne.
    Ah. I was racking my brain for stuff in BFA that could be abbreviated to that.

Antorus the burning throne. The final raid of legion.

Someone beat me to it.

You can't complete quests, dungeons, or raids (i.e. play the game) with profession items, so your argument fails.
    First of all, yes you can, it's just not effective. But every kill quest kan be completed with engineering items, every dungeon, every raid. You'll probably die trying.

You also can't do that as the Alchemist from WC3, and yet he's in the game in the form of a profession. We already have a tech-based class in game called the Hunter. Rifles, Mail, Explosives, 95% of what makes Tinkers unique is already in the game. All of it if you count the multiple times of players using mechsuits and tanks to complete (world)quests.

There's also the added problem that, time and time again, and very recently during the assault on OG, every player gets to pilot sophisticated flying machines, mechs and tanks, with no engineering training whatsoever, so it still begs the question why include a Tinker as a class if we can get full access to Tinker gear and abilities from NPCs?
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2019-10-10 at 02:05 PM.

Why didn't it happen THIS expansion?

It's not going to change next expansion. In 8.3 Blizzard established that the NE that Sylvanas raised are joining the Forsaken because they're "lost". It is one of the catalysts that moves Calia into the position of the Forsaken's new leader.
    Let me get this straight...

You asked - "why didn't dark rangers get added this expansion"

I answered - "because they're clearly horde only right now"

You responded with - "yeah, but why didn't they get added this expansion"

If vulpera can be a tinker, im gonna roll new alt. If not, im gonna change one of my existing alts to vulpera and level some new allied race that can be a tinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    Remember, Tinkerer is the epitome of bad class choice for the next expansion. Shadowlands is appearing most likely right now.

Wrath - Theme was Undead. Death Knights are new class.
    Mists - Theme was Panda. Monks were of that theme ("elevation").
    Legion - Demons were king. Demon Hunters were matching that theme.

Assuming the next expansion is shadowlands (or related to dark/shadow), how would someone possibly connect Tinkerer to that theme? Unless we have some mechanically-themed expansion, I highly doubt we should get Tinkerer. And that's completely putting aside the facts that all ideas of Tinkerer have been astronomically flawed and have no basis for them. If we're throwing random ideas out there, I'd much prefer Bard as I think it would be hella fun to play, but again, that doesn't match any kind of theme we're approaching.

There is the chance Blizzard goes off-theme, but that would definitely be unexpected.
    Not saying I believe the leaks, but I saw one that basically said the players are 'killed' and we wake up in the shadowlands for the next expansion. The tinkerer came into play because the gnomes and goblins had to work on a device that was essentially a portal into the shadowlands to rescue us from death and allow us to pass back into Azeroth. It is possible that technology and building technology could be a focal point of fighting against whatever threat we face and that would be how they would tie it.

I would personally perfer necromancers or dark rangers over tinkerer. A necro would be my main from the day it comes out and I've played a warlock since vanilla, simply because it is the closest thing to a necro.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    and exclusive: updated ram, one-head core hound, Lion(while the alliance can get scorpions), bee, now the mechagnome mount and prob more that i don't remember.
    I dunno why everyone goes gaga over the Lion. It's literally just the Nelf cat mount skeleton with a swollen neck. Same rigging, same skeleton and animations, same proportions, and the same base model.
    (Also, the Lion isn't BFA. You said we were talking about BFA.)

The Bee, though, I was under the impression that that wasn't Alliance-locked. That the Horde could earn it on an Alliance alt, then use it on their main. Is that not the case?

And as for the Mechagnome mount; the Vulperra get that super neat little Hyena mount to match. So.

- - - Updated - - -

Antorus the burning throne. The final raid of legion.

Someone beat me to it.
    Yeah. I was thinking purely BFA stuff, couldn't figure out what you meant.

That and I've never seen anyone abbreviate it that way. I always just call it "Antorus". It's only, like, three letters longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    First of all, yes you can, it's just not effective. But every kill quest kan be completed with engineering items, every dungeon, every raid. You'll probably die trying.
    I don't think you can, actually. I'm pretty sure Engineering items have potion-like CDs, where you can only use them once per encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see a video of you attempting any of that. If you die trying that means no, you can't complete it.

You also can't do that as the Alchemist from WC3, and yet he's in the game in the form of a profession. We already have a tech-based class in game called the Hunter. Rifles, Mail, Explosives, 95% of what makes Tinkers unique is already in the game. All of it if you count the multiple times of players using mechsuits and tanks to complete (world)quests.
    What a pile of nonsense. First off the professions are based on the item shops, not any of the hero units. That's why you can't find any of the Alchemist's abilities within the Alchemy profession, yet you find nearly all of the item shop items within the professions.

As for Hunters, the basis of that class is an archer or a rifleman. The bomb ability is within the spec that can't even use rifles. The ability list of the Hunter class is based on animals and magic, which is about as far from the tech theme as you can get. Finally, the core attribute of the Tinker class; Mech piloting is nonexistent within the Hunter class, and has never been present in the Hunter class.

However, the Hunter class has had shadow-based arrows before....

I don't think you can, actually. I'm pretty sure Engineering items have potion-like CDs, where you can only use them once per encounter.
    The newer ones, yes. Don't think they bothered adding those to old items.

There's also the added problem that, time and time again, and very recently during the assault on OG, every player gets to pilot sophisticated flying machines, mechs and tanks, with no engineering training whatsoever, so it still begs the question why include a Tinker as a class if we can get full access to Tinker gear and abilities from NPCs?
    A Tinker would be more than just a vehicle. You could also have a wide assortment of deployable turrets, flying drones, spider mines, robots, shields, bombs and lasers.

There have been a few quests where your character is turned into a tiger or a Treant. That doesn't invalidate Druids as a class.

I dunno why everyone goes gaga over the Lion. It's literally just the Nelf cat mount skeleton with a swollen neck. Same rigging, same skeleton and animations, same proportions, and the same base model.

The Bee, though, I was under the impression that that wasn't Alliance-locked. That the Horde could earn it on an Alliance alt, then use it on their main. Is that not the case?

And as for the Mechagnome mount; the Vulperra get that super neat little Hyena mount to match. So.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. I was thinking purely BFA stuff, couldn't figure out what you meant.

That and I've never seen anyone abbreviate it that way. I always just call it "Antorus". It's only, like, three letters longer.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve seen it either way. Usually AtBT on my server.

I’ve seen it either way. Usually AtBT on my server.
    Fair enough!~ Now I know, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Let me get this straight...

You asked - "why didn't dark rangers get added this expansion"

I answered - "because they're clearly horde only right now"

You responded with - "yeah, but why didn't they get added this expansion"
    So you don't think Blizzard has the power to make undead Night Elves part of the alliance?

Please try to keep up here; The undead Night Elves are ALWAYS going to be Horde. Why? Because Blizzard made it that way.

Let's continue: Why was Sylvanas the main focus of this expansion? Because Blizzard made it that way.

Finally: Why is there no Dark Ranger class when 2 Dark Rangers are the center of this expansion's story, a Dark Ranger is on the cover and promotional portions of this expansion, and non-Forsaken were being added to the ranks of Dark Rangers? I think you can guess why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    If vulpera can be a tinker, im gonna roll new alt. If not, im gonna change one of my existing alts to vulpera and level some new allied race that can be a tinker.
    I'm fairly certain that if there is a Tinker class, Vulpera will be able to roll as one. It's too easy a lay-up for Blizzard to ignore.

7+ Year Old Account
    I dunno why everyone goes gaga over the Lion. It's literally just the Nelf cat mount skeleton with a swollen neck.
    i dunno why everyone goes gaga over vulpera, it's literally just the goblin skeleton with fur

its a fucking lion, is cool and its exclusive to the alliance while they get a scorpion version
    we were, but he talked about past stuff so did i
    no, completely exclusive to then.
    the hyena that the alliance also can have it? cause the only thing missing is the little parasol in the seat, and that is totally irrelevant.

So you don't think Blizzard has the power to make undead Night Elves part of the alliance?

Please try to keep up here; The undead Night Elves are ALWAYS going to be Horde. Why? Because Blizzard made it that way.

Let's continue: Why was Sylvanas the main focus of this expansion? Because Blizzard made it that way.

Finally: Why is there no Dark Ranger class when 2 Dark Rangers are the center of this expansion's story, a Dark Ranger is on the cover and promotional portions of this expansion, and non-Forsaken were being added to the ranks of Dark Rangers? I think you can guess why.
    Yeah, I can. And I'll say it for the 3rd time, because they're only horde. Blizzard made it that way. Please try to keep up here.

I'll repeat this too - I don't want a Dark Ranger class. I don't think there's enough there to warrant a full blown class. But that doesn't mean I won't knock down dumb ass counter arguments to dismiss the concept.

You shill for Tinker so hard that you compromise any shred of credibility.

All discussion of a future class is pure speculation, which honestly, should be nothing more than a fun mental exercise for all involved. And I get that it's annoying when people shoot down your ideas, and I get that a lot of those counter arguments are dumb as shit, but god damn man you contribute to the crap pile way too much.

I'd happily play a tinker, but damn if you aren't festering a growing desire within me to see anything but tinker added to the game.

I'd like to see a video of you attempting any of that. If you die trying that means no, you can't complete it.

What a pile of nonsense. First off the professions are based on the item shops, not any of the hero units. That's why you can't find any of the Alchemist's abilities within the Alchemy profession, yet you find nearly all of the item shop items within the professions.

As for Hunters, the basis of that class is an archer or a rifleman. The bomb ability is within the spec that can't even use rifles. The ability list of the Hunter class is based on animals and magic, which is about as far from the tech theme as you can get. Finally, the core attribute of the Tinker class; Mech piloting is nonexistent within the Hunter class, and has never been present in the Hunter class.

However, the Hunter class has had shadow-based arrows before....
    So, by that logic, no class exists, because if you die trying, it doesn't count? The potential is there.

And, excuse me, what? Alchemists cannot create rage- or healing potions? Transmute stuff? That's kind of news to me.

The basis for the Hunter is the 'Ranger' class from Dungeons and Dragons. Traps and Bombs didn't use to be exclusive to survival hunters, nor their inablility to use ranged attacks. Nothing ensures that this will stay the same. Also, last I checked, MM hunters still could take explosive shot.

And Mech piloting is only a core attribute of the Tinker class because you made up a Tinker class that pilots mechs to begin with. It doesn't exist ingame (so far). There is not a single refference to a Tinker class like that anywhere. All you have is some gnomes, goblins and draenai piloting mechs at various occasions, and they don't adhere to a unified skillset or even name. Blackfuse, for example, is an engineer.

So far, it's nothing but a title. There is nothing, so far, that distinguishes a 'Tinker' from 'Engineer'. Both build mechs, bombs, turrets, flamethrowers, rifles, explosives of all kind, lazers, and so on.

Is there potential for a 'Tinker' class? Yes.

Does such a thing exist ingame? No. Not by a long shot. Not in any Blizzard game, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    its a fucking lion, is cool and its exclusive to the alliance while they get a scorpion version
    It would be a lot better for the game if people didn't freak out over every little thing that only one faction gets or that is different for one faction.