Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
    Just kinda wondering why the Alliance needs 'another gnome' race? This would have been the perfect time to make them split-faction like the Pandaren...
    If you haven't noticed, all of the allied races are basically a type of base race. Mechagnomes are based off gnomes. Void elf are based off elf etc. What I don't get is why do the horde get a completely new race? They are not a type of anything. They may just be a reskinned goblin but that is not important. It just shows blatant favoritism to the horde. Another shining example of Devs showing that they don't actually play alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    Guys, honestly, worst allied races I've ever seen. GL Blizzard.
    Welp, this confirms it. If these races are pissing off toxic players, then they are very healthy for this game.

In seriousness, I'm glad Blizzard isn't catering to the "omg I hate gnomes/anything that aren't elves" crowd. It's overdue... literally. They should have announced this months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    ... Idk why? But I'm not digging the classes for these guys... idk maybe it's just me
    The reason for that is that there's nothing exciting about them. Like, every single mechagnome class is available to gnomes, where as Kul Tirans had druids and shaman which were new and exciting for humans.

It's understandable, really, though I'm still happy with the race. Vulpera is basically the same but, it can't really be directly compared to goblins anyways. That said, they do have monks, which is a pretty big deal, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Why did they have to make Vulpera playable horde races? And what allied race in their right mind would join a faction that has had 2 civil wars in the span of less than like 5 years?
    I guess it's the whole "Horde actually bothered to help them in their struggle against the Sethrak and general survival in the desert. Meanwhile the Alliance actively attacked, imprisoned and killed Vulperas during their invasions, against which they were defended by the Horde."

Plus Vulpera are presented more of individual groups, so it might very well be that it's just a fraction of them actually joining up with the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Palemoon View Post
    I guess it's the whole "Horde actually bothered to help them in their struggle against the Sethrak and general survival in the desert. Meanwhile the Alliance actively attacked, imprisoned and killed Vulperas during their invasions, against which they were defended by the Horde."

Plus Vulpera are presented more of individual groups, so it might very well be that it's just a fraction of them actually joining up with the Horde.
    They can just stay neutral like the Taunka, Jinyu, and all other races prior to "allied race" feature being a thing. They dont belong in either. They should have remained as vendor NPCs.

Mechagnomes look awesome for soloing and pvping. I will wait on working toward the achievement to unlock them until I know racials won't get nerfed.

They can just stay neutral like the Taunka, Jinyu, and all other races prior to "allied race" feature being a thing. They dont belong in either. They should have remained as vendor NPCs.
    Won't matter next expansion when we are all united or there are three factions!!! or FIVE!@

Vulpera look and are cooler than Mechagnomes.

Horde has yet another Shaman race and already have an extra Druid race compared to Ally....

I just take solace in the fact that the Bee is alliance only. Mmmmm Bee mount.

- - - Updated - - -

And plus Horde are all mostly just already a bunch of filthy animals, anyway, so adding another filthy animal makes sense.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Two of the worst allied races introduced so far, with the Vulpera being way ahead of the Mechagnomes in terms of uniqueness and the theme they bring forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    *Sigh* was really hoping to avoid Mecha gnomes.... Really hope with the next expansion they give the blue team something wholly unique like the vulpera....
    Wholly unique, hm? That's a funny way of saying shorter more adorable worgen.

Admittedly it's a bit of a stretch.

I'm also a bit bummed the horde got Vulpera when they seem like such an alliance race, but let's be real alliance had enough god damn furries with the worgen around.

Fan as I may be of gnomes, mechagnomes is kind of a let down. Not that it matters hugely anymore, I play WoW classic and FFXIV, retail has not managed to keep my attention, a shame because the rotations and combat was starting to feel nice and smooth, and the graphics were starting to get really good but now the game just feels off and like a big money-laundering machine. Classic is too but all my family are playing and the playerbase isn't 90% full of toxic dickheads who seek instant gratification.

Classic had the effect I hoped, wherein it didn't invite players with a nasty self-serving nature, and yoinked the ones who had hearts. it divided the playerbase into the awful, and the wholesome.

Now I get all wholseome, and poor retail gets to suffer from an overload of toxicity. WoW Classic was an ingenious ploy, but not for the reasons Blizzard thinks.
    Last edited by Biz; 2019-10-10 at 03:20 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Vulpera will be the best for farming specific older content and rarespawns haha. That tent thing alone makes them amazing.
    Farm gold. The satchels are a gold mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Farm gold. The satchels are a gold mine.
    That too, I am going to be a badass Vulpera Survival Hunter.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    Damn vuplera coming? In def, coming back for them. One of the best races created. Too bad we dont get sethrakk also, but it seems they will be neutral

- - - Updated - - -

Vulpera seems to use goblin rig, not sure how this is considered new.,
    It's likely that was a design decision made before Blizzard decided onj them being an allied race, and because it would be a lot of work maybe they decided to let it slide.

That being said, having the same rig as already playable races would not be surprising, considering mechagnomes would have no reason to use anything more than the gnomish rig, and most allied races use rigs of other races.
    Void Elf = Blood Elf
    Lightforged = Draenei
    Dark Iron Dwarves = come on guess
    Kul'tiran Humans = (not 100% but im pretty sure humans? or maybe they actually have a unique skeleton?

Zandalari Trolls =... yeah
    Mag'har Orcs = okay this is stupid
    Highmountain Tauren = Tauren

Mechagnomes = Gnomes
    Vulpera = Goblins

Also I feel like I'm missing one on horde side. oh RIGHT

Nightborne = Night Elves

so yeah i dunno why expect a new skeleton / animation rig when no other allied race so far has had one? (or maybe one or two and i just haven't noticed.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    That too, I am going to be a badass Vulpera Survival Hunter.
    Enjoy it while it lasts. I got hundreds of embersilk off Basilisk in Azshara. At level 20.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post

so yeah i dunno why expect a new skeleton / animation rig when no other allied race so far has had one? (or maybe one or two and i just haven't noticed.
    It's a tradeoff. We get double the races we used to, but they are just upgraded versions of existing ones. All that is left are better undead and better worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Enjoy it while it lasts. I got hundreds of embersilk off Basilisk in Azshara. At level 20.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a tradeoff. We get double the races we used to, but they are just upgraded versions of existing ones. All that is left are better undead and better worgen.
    Saberon for the Worgen Alliance counterpart, and Lightforged Undead for the Horde one. Finally Undead Paladin will be a thing! lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    ... Idk why? But I'm not digging the classes for these guys... idk maybe it's just me
    Nah there's a large imbalance of class matchups between factions now. Personally I'm just annoyed mechagnomes / gnomes still don't have paladin, yet they have priest and warrior. To be fair I think their priest is designed more to be like a paramedic... but still- they use the light dammit! >

So is Combat Analysis the most broken racial in the game now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    It's likely that was a design decision made before Blizzard decided onj them being an allied race, and because it would be a lot of work maybe they decided to let it slide.

That being said, having the same rig as already playable races would not be surprising, considering mechagnomes would have no reason to use anything more than the gnomish rig, and most allied races use rigs of other races.
    Void Elf = Blood Elf
    Lightforged = Draenei
    Dark Iron Dwarves = come on guess
    Kul'tiran Humans = (not 100% but im pretty sure humans? or maybe they actually have a unique skeleton?

Zandalari Trolls =... yeah
    Mag'har Orcs = okay this is stupid
    Highmountain Tauren = Tauren

Mechagnomes = Gnomes
    Vulpera = Goblins

Also I feel like I'm missing one on horde side. oh RIGHT

Nightborne = Night Elves

The Kul Tirans are an original and unique skeleton thats why it wasnt ready at launch

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    3rd unique race for the horde, zero for alliance, again..... gg blizz.
    What are the other two? All of the horde allied races are slight model changes on existing skeletons or like the cows and orcs just reskins.

The alliance on the other hand had a completely new race with the fat humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    The trolls and elfs aren't simple reskins. Except kultirans alliance got bland recolored copies.
    The night bourn have some model changes but less then say mechagnomes and the trolls are just a reskin for the females.

Quote Originally Posted by DavoSavith View Post
    So is Combat Analysis the most broken racial in the game now?

- - - Updated - - -

The Kul Tirans are an original and unique skeleton thats why it wasnt ready at launch
    Zandalari are also unique, they only used the modern NE as a base but pretty much everything else about them is custom one they were finished.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DavoSavith View Post
    And then you wake up, and see how they use Orc animations, MIND_BLOWING.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Blizz has learned from Classic and makes the expansion after next more like WoW originally was. I doubt it'll happen, but I can hope. They'd have to revert and change so many things and piss so many people off, but I strongly believe it would be better for the game. Look how many people play Classic and how popular it's been. The economy is fucked on Retail thanks to tokens and they've completely jumped the shark with too many things (onesie Tmog?). The endgame for so many people is solo Tmog/mount farming and AH camping and that is depressing.

I really want to be excited for this and I hate that I'm not but retail just feels too much like a spinoff of WoW for me at this point.