Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    In that case, why not just remove all armor classes from everyone? And make tailoring, leatherworking and blacksmithing craft the visuals only, since all 3 mainstats will be on the gear anyway. But then again, there really isn't a need for mainstats if we remove armor classes and they're all going to be present on the items. Let's just rename it "Power". More power, stronger character. There, done, problem solved.....

Yeah, we still need mail classes.
    One of us misunderstood the other.

I thought you were saying we need another mail class, as in a 3rd class that wears mail, presumably because we have 3 clothies, 3 leather wearers, and 3 plate wearers.

I was saying, we do we need to worry about that balance since we have personal loot. In other words, there's no such thing as loot competition for gear that has an armor type.

So... I don't really get your response here, but I assume its because there was a misunderstanding along the way.

Bards are not fighting classes, you can't really put them in WoW without having them intensely deviate from what a bard usually is: a pure support class.

I've seen "Bard" classes in two MMOs: Ragnarok, and Rift. In both situations, they were support classes with very few offensive abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    In other words, there's no such thing as loot competition for gear that has an armor type.
    Which is why I said we could just drop all armor classes. No need to have cloth, leather, mail and plate. Just have it be.... armor. And then crafters could make the visual aspect for transmog purposes. If there are no difference between the armor classes, there's no need to seperate them into int/agi/str gear either. We could just rename it to Power, since that's what the mainstats essentially are. So we are actually talking about the very same thing. You're saying there's no need for it, I'm saying there's no need for it.

But if there is a need for it.... we need more mail classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fightin in a mecha or with a flute... yeah, no.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Obviously I agree, I've been saying this for years.

Ranged DPS, Heals, Mail-wearing. Checks all the boxes.

Something like this:
    I'd play this. I'd play the shift out of this

bards dont work for wow, this aint d&d.

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    I'd play this. I'd play the shift out of this
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    bards dont work for wow, this aint d&d.
    Solid counter argument.

Rogues, mages, warriors, paladins, death knights, shaman, hunters, warlocks, druids, and priests all draw inspiration from D&D, but bards are definitely a bridge too far dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Bards are gay. Nothing agains gays, I just think a Bard class gives off vibes of something effeminate and uncool, when resources could be spent on something that is actually badass and interesting.

Do we really want another Monk class when we could dark ranger or necromancer?!
    demon hunters were just added last expansion.
    change can't wait.

I feel like you either don't know what a bard is or what a dark ranger is.

This is like saying "I guess paladin could be a spec for demon hunter"
    No, it's like saying a demon hunter could be a spec for paladin, in a different setting where demon hunters aren't already established in lore. It's like how brewmasters are somehow a spec of monk. Bards as fighters don't exist in the lore. If you introduce them they could be related to the whole banshee thing, be different from the traditional bard concept from other games. If any old chap with a banjo could become a fighting class, we would have seen them by now in the world. If they added bard music powers to the lore they'd have to be different in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Springrunner View Post
    No, it's like saying a demon hunter could be a spec for paladin, in a different setting where demon hunters aren't already established in lore. It's like how brewmasters are somehow a spec of monk. Bards as fighters don't exist in the lore. If you introduce them they could be related to the whole banshee thing, be different from the traditional bard concept from other games. If any old chap with a banjo could become a fighting class, we would have seen them by now in the world. If they added bard music powers to the lore they'd have to be different in some way.
    Um, yeah. If they weren't different in some way there would be no need for a class.

Did you see my rough writeup for a bard class? I won't act like it's the be all and end all of how to make a bard class, but it shows it can be done and make sense for the game.

The game doesn't need more classes.
    It needs less classes.

Adding in more races, sure but not more classes please.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Bards are not fighting classes, you can't really put them in WoW without having them intensely deviate from what a bard usually is: a pure support class.

I've seen "Bard" classes in two MMOs: Ragnarok, and Rift. In both situations, they were support classes with very few offensive abilities.
    Ministrels in LOTRO are great healers and also have a good DPS spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Fightin in a mecha or with a flute... yeah, no.
    You could get a guitar and play killer riffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Except in my imagination of a bard, they wear cloth...maybe leather. Why would they wear chainmail.

But...hell...in my imagination shamans or hunters would also wear leather. But that all goes back to the books I read as a kid or the comics I consumed I guess....and that would really upset the armour type balance.
    In D&D Clerics wear mail armour. They are sometimes more a tank than a fighter. In WoW the similar class is a Priest and wears cloth armour. We could play the game the other way around with the Bard and upgrade the leathr to chainmail. If you use the Skald theme, which is a war-singer/war-bard, then a better AC would be fitting. Also, Shamans wear mail, and if I think about it, the stereotype would be wearing cloth or leather, probably even NOTHING except some loincloth and amulets / trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yeah, I know... maybe one expansion down the road, they should take it as a challenge and put their own Blizz spin on it to make it their own and tough enough for Azeroth.
    I would love to see them do a try but for now, I'd rather put my coin on Tinker than Bard. Just too much limited still for Bard.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Bards as a support class that doesn't heal would be cool. Dunno how that would work.
    - Dare not to sleep -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Except in my imagination of a bard, they wear cloth...maybe leather. Why would they wear chainmail.

But...hell...in my imagination shamans or hunters would also wear leather. But that all goes back to the books I read as a kid or the comics I consumed I guess....and that would really upset the armour type balance.
    Yeah I totally agree, but in EQ, Bards were a Plate class so? Mail/Chain is just a weird in-between armor type that _really_ doesn't have a good place or any classes that really "fit" in it, but it's there.

There should be 3 megathreads

"Bards should be the next class"
    "Necromancers should be the next class"
    "Tinkerers should be the next class"

and all related posts can go into those
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    Bards as a support class that doesn't heal would be cool. Dunno how that would work.
    Would have worked in Vanilla/Classic. Technically, shamans, druids and paladins back then were support classes in a way, because they weren't optimal tank/healers.

I came into this thread thinking now way it would work but some of the ideas of a bard that does more than buff/debuff are fairly interesting..... go for it blizz.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

never. it would not work
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor