Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Besides the fact a US-based company capitulated to China and punished someone beyond harshly for speaking out about human rights. It's not just Hong Kong. This is fucking personal. A US Company spitting on free speech.
    I don't know why the concept of free speech is so hard for people to understand. Freedom of speech prevents the gov't from creating laws limiting speech except for safety concerns (yelling bomb or fire in a crowded area). You DO NOT have free speech on a privately run (Blizzard), privately owned (Twitch) stream, and never have, they set the rules for things they own.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I'm glad. Many people want to watch/play/read about video games because they want relax and rest from politics all over TV and internet. There is election in my country this Sunday and I'm absolutely tired of it.

And thought that Blizzcon could became battlefield for this modern "I will be really loud and offended, so I can pretend I'm doing something" activism is sickening.
    How is not giving a company money 'pretending' to do something. That's literally how you should protest a company denying them profit?

Also the mei thing is a fucking great idea
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2019-10-10 at 05:29 PM.

I'm an american citizen. This is personal because blizzard is an american company and they think China market is more important than the US and our rights and values. No one fucks with Americans freedoms. The middle east knows that well now. You bombed our building? We bomb the fuck out of you.
    Except you used it as an excuse to bomb a bunch of people who had nothing to do with it. So your values are highly questionable at best. Ponder that next time you want to act self-righteous.

But anyway there's a subforum for this non-WoW related discussion. Throw your vapid concerns in there.

I'm an american citizen. This is personal because blizzard is an american company and they think China market is more important than the US and our rights and values. No one fucks with Americans freedoms. The middle east knows that well now. You bombed our building? We bomb the fuck out of you.
    What?

I am from the middle east and this a total bs!!

We didn't bomb your buildings, the vast majority here are against it and consider it a crime.

What does Iraq has to do with any of it?

Besides the fact a US-based company capitulated to China and punished someone beyond harshly for speaking out about human rights. It's not just Hong Kong. This is fucking personal. A US Company spitting on free speech.
    They don't have to provide a platform for free speech though. If you came into someone's restaurant shouting about some political topic, offending some of the guests in the process, don't you think they'll throw you out of there?

LOL, talking about WoW is impossible now for the most part. Might take a break from discussion boards entirely until next expansion, unless people start WW3 over videogames.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    LOL, talking about WoW is impossible now for the most part. Might take a break from discussion boards entirely until next expansion, unless people start WW3 over videogames.
    Eh, it'll die down when the next expansion gets announced, and if they announce D4 everyone will forget it even happened.

MMO-C has posted news about both Blizzard and Hearthstone before so I don't see why they can't post some of the latest controversy. It just feels like MMO-C doesn't want to put Blizzard on a bad spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    MMO-C has posted news about both Blizzard and Hearthstone before so I don't see why they can't post some of the latest controversy. It just feels like MMO-C doesn't want to put Blizzard on a bad spotlight.
    Sure, they post when someone joins or leaves the company or a new hearthstone expansion is announced, but this is purely political and not actually related at all to any Blizzard game itself, it does not belong on the news feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I don't know why the concept of free speech is so hard for people to understand. Freedom of speech prevents the gov't from creating laws limiting speech except for safety concerns (yelling bomb or fire in a crowded area). You DO NOT have free speech on a privately run (Blizzard), privately owned (Twitch) stream, and never have, they set the rules for things they own.
    man, i mean im old, and the first thing idiot learn to say is FREEDOM OF SPEECH, like if that prevent them for any repercussion ever.

This dude on the Hearstone tournament break the agreement he sing when he join a PRIVATE tournament.

And now 90% of the interment that have 0 clue about life he click bite to support him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Politics don't belong into gaming. I don't want to see people promote their politics in a gaming stream, or on a gaming website. They would've shut down any political statement, irregardless of how much you agree with them.

Keep your complaints to Gen-OT or some other place easy to hide. Your hypocritical behavior is all fake-outrage anyway. If you actually wanted to help the world, you would protest china, not some company. But I can guarantee you that 99.9% of you didn't voice a single concern about HK before this event.
    When the economy you exist in makes life expenses so high that you cannot miss a day of work without serious repercussion there is no protest or you get homeless real fast, it is one of the biggest failures of Capitalism in modern society, at least in NA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    man, i mean im old, and the first thing idiot learn to say is FREEDOM OF SPEECH, like if that prevent them for any repercussion ever.

This dude on the Hearstone tournament break the agreement he sing when he join a PRIVATE tournament.

And now 90% of the interment that have 0 clue about life he click bite to support him.
    China is sterilizing people because of their religious beliefs and harvesting organs from political opponents... I think those are issues we can all get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Wonder if Li Li is going to get a model update when she reappears this patch
    She is gonna be 5 forever.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish they would give her a custom grownup model though and write her to the current/upcoming story. She would be a breath of fresh air.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    When the economy you exist in makes life expenses so high that you cannot miss a day of work without serious repercussion there is no protest or you get homeless real fast, it is one of the biggest failures of Capitalism in modern society, at least in NA.

- - - Updated - - -

China is sterilizing people because of their religious beliefs and harvesting organs from political opponents... I think those are issues we can all get behind.
    Ohhh no China, is doing that and is relevant bc they have access to internet and stream. -.- grow up kid.

If you want to support humans right, then do it fully no just against China and Capitalism. Bc right now you Islan woman right been ignore, Trump politics that violate humans rights, Egypt have issues too, same for LGTB right, or Woman righs and the unprecedented amount of woman/girl murder.

ppl right now are click bite into this China issue bc internet and 1 streamer that actually violate a law on a private own competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mivoc View Post
    I am surprised there is no mention of the disgusting Hong Kong drama on MMOC. Feels like they are just turning a blind eye.
    I'm surprised nobody talks about the situation in Yemen, what about Irak? Nothing either. Oh, and what's going on with Sudan? Why nobody talks about them too?

Stop thinking first world problems must be more important than other's. I do hate people like you who come and start giving moral lessons to others because OH! NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT THE POOR CITY OF HONG KONG!

Pipe down, thanks.

So Lilian really reaches out for Calia (and Darek) to rule the Forsaken? Bäääh ....

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    Ohhh no China, is doing that and is relevant bc they have access to internet and stream. -.- grow up kid.

If you want to support humans right, then do it fully no just against China and Capitalism. Bc right now you Islan woman right been ignore, Trump politics that violate humans rights, Egypt have issues too, same for LGTB right, or Woman righs and the unprecedented amount of woman/girl murder.

ppl right now are click bite into this China issue bc internet and 1 streamer that actually violate a law on a private own competition.
    I mean if 33 is a kid I guess I am a kid lmao.

I do support it fully but like I said, there is not much people can do who have to work for a living and have family to take care of and don't want to die lol.

Regardless there is a civil war that is going to happen in China for control and I wonder which countries are going to support it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am surprised there is no mention of the disgusting Hong Kong drama on MMOC. Feels like they are just turning a blind eye.
    What has that todo with new voice lines?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Janysa View Post
    So Lilian really reaches out for Calia (and Darek) to rule the Forsaken? Bäääh ....
    Calia is the rightful heir to Lordaeron so it fits fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I mean if 33 is a kid I guess I am a kid lmao.

I do support it fully but like I said, there is not much people can do who have to work for a living and have family to take care of and don't want to die lol.

Regardless there is a civil war that is going to happen in China for control and I wonder which countries are going to support it.
    probabbly USA will support it, not publicly, ofcurse, but China is a main piece on the world economy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    I'm surprised nobody talks about the situation in Yemen, what about Irak? Nothing either. Oh, and what's going on with Sudan? Why nobody talks about them too?

Stop thinking first world problems must be more important than other's. I do hate people like you who come and start giving moral lessons to others because OH! NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT THE POOR CITY OF HONG KONG!

Pipe down, thanks.
    isnt like that is internet mentality, If isnt stream or on youtube. ppl give 2 cent about it.

Is the new reality.
    Ppl are going crazy about this Hong Kong (something that been happening since 2012 or 2014) only bc happen on the middle of a stream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard didn't actually do anything bad, and it's just a bunch of kids trying to throw a fit. Check GreenJesus' posts for examples.

The herd loves to hate things occasionally. Now it's about pretending Blizzard did something.
    Hi