Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Expanded Universe?

Why isn't Blizzard expanding its universe with crossover RTS games? It has such a wealth of unused/dead characters that can be featured in Secret Wars type events to revive its most fledgling franchises, namely Diablo and StarCraft. Can you imagine an unknown entity reviving The Burning Legion to invade Diablo in Diablo 4? Or Warcraft vs. StarCraft in an inter-dimensional, self-contained clashes of universes?

Diablo vs. Warcraft: Sanctuary of Ashes

Kil'jaeden mysteriously arrives in Sanctuary and unleashes a powerful magic that revives Diablo, forging an alliance that lays siege on the Angiris Council. Tyrael, the new Aspect of Wisdom, leads the charge to fight back as a Fel-empowered Diablo slays Tyrael, and declares a new war on heaven with Kil'jaeden's backing. It appears someone on the Pantheon has been corrupted, and is inter-dimensionally siphoning power directly from Sargeras to Kil'jaeden unbeknownst to Illidan, his jailor. A new Host of Angels must take up the fight against the union of Kil'jaeden and Diablo, communing with The Light to raise warriors of The Light from Azeroth to knew well Kil'jaeden's weaknesses--Uther the Lightbringer and Tirion Fordring. Angels and Paladins must battle side by side against this new diabolic council of universes for not only the fate of Sanctuary, but the entire multi-verse! However, one of Heaven's greatest angels has turned rogue, tipping the balance in favor of Diablo and Kil'jaeden, inciting civil war. Can Sanctuary possibly survive?

StarCraft vs. Warcraft

Would you be interested?

i don't think kil'jaeden would be interested in allying with diablo demons.

kil'jaeden and sargeras only wanted to destroy everything to save it from the void lords, who just want never ending consumption and madness. diablo demons want never ending cruelty and sin, which i don't think kil'jaeden would want either.

archimonde wouldn't care though, as long as he could get power.

- - - Updated - - -

but no, ultimately. i wouldn't be interested in crossovers like this.

hots is about as far as i ever want it to go, i don't ever want it to be canon that these universes are connected. daiblo's universe is too different from wow's, mechanically, to be canon in wow i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Why isn't Blizzard expanding its universe with crossover RTS games?
    I guess they don't see the economy in running/making RTS games? The genre isn't exactly hot at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    RTS games are largely dead. Heroes of the Storm was their stab at cross-ip mashups.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Well they seem to be investing a lot of money and resources into Warcraft III: Reforged. It's a complete re-make from the ground up from a mechanical standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    RTS games are largely dead. Heroes of the Storm was their stab at cross-ip mashups.
    i dont agree with that, RTSs are not dead, there still some good RTS being made but is a niche/small market. its time of glory is far to long gone. I hope that may change in a future but i doubt it, most ppl just want fast play and instant satisfaction and that doesnt go well with RTS genre because when u mix that to a RTS you get worthless PoS of games like C&C4 or MOBA crap.
    BUT MMOs used to be a dead/small/niche genre when blizzard made WoW, so if a company have the power to take a niche genre and made it worthy its blizzard(at least OLD blizzard).

Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    i dont agree with that, RTSs are not dead, there still some good RTS being made but is a niche/small market. its time of glory is far to long gone. I hope that may change in a future but i doubt it, most ppl just want fast play and instant satisfaction and that doesnt go well with RTS genre because when u mix that to a RTS you get worthless PoS of games like C&C4 or MOBA crap.
    BUT MMOs used to be a dead/small/niche genre when blizzard made WoW, so if a company have the power to take a niche genre and made it worthy its blizzard(at least OLD blizzard).
    I hope RTS makes a strong comeback, and Blizzard can deliver that. Trends in gaming shifts all the time. the BR era now wont last forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their cross over universe is HotS though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    This. We already have a crossover game.

They already did a crossover game (HotS) and it was lazy, uninspired and lacked a lot of charm.

The closest thing you can get are custom games made in Warcraft 3 (reforged) that make maps with all the universes. I remember some old maps where you can play as Starcraft and Diablo races against Warcraft in WC3 and it was pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    They already did a crossover game (HotS) and it was lazy, uninspired and lacked a lot of charm.
    Yep, that's why I want a good crossover.

Yes, and they've already gutted it financially and staff-wise, so their priorities are pretty clear at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Margamanthak View Post
    Yes, and they've already gutted it financially and staff-wise, so their priorities are pretty clear at this point.
    Still doesn't seem like they've slowed down to a stop. Just because it feels like another stop, doesn't mean you should recreate further franchises to try and sell crossover content.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how any of these WoW races could stand against the Queen of Blades.

5+ Year Old Account
    And it isn't doing all the that well...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The crossover (HotS) was pretty bad. Not going to happen and I doubt there's interest is such an abomination.

5+ Year Old Account
    May people pardon me for this, but Diablo and SC worlds can be other type universe that we acces trough some "Dark" or "Green" portal, anyway if we gonna ever get tinkers ..... Dungeons&Dragons theme is done.

Same way like WOD world.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Blizzard: Hey, that's a great idea!!!

9 months later

Diabolical Starcraft War is released. It's a mobile game practically identical to Clash of Clans.