Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if you look to the past, they were just some brainless monster thing that arugal summoned, with no females, a disesae and they cold not even change back to human form, look how things change, what they had to create to fit then, they become some night elf shenanigan

dragonmen/drakonid is not that absurd, but i think it would make most sense on horde, dragonmaw clan could basically shapeshift like worgens do, their outland counterpart and Zuluhead actually can transform into drakonid.
    I mean you are right but Worgen have been a thing since... Vanilla. Even in a very early "state".

Did we ever encounter Dragonmen after Blackwing Descent or Cataclysm in general? The only NPC that comes to my mind is Maloriak, that's about it. Was there anything in later expansions? I really can't recall it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I mean you are right but Worgen have been a thing since... Vanilla. Even in a very early "state".

Did we ever encounter Dragonmen after Blackwing Descent or Cataclysm in general? The only NPC that comes to my mind is Maloriak, that's about it. Was there anything in later expansions? I really can't recall it.
    There was the one in the revamped UBRS dungeon, and i am pretty sure they also show up in Island expeditions when twilight dragons invade.

There was one in twilight highlands as a rare. There was the one in UBRS in the wod remake and they have been shown in island expeditions

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where do you even pull a possible Dragonmen race out of? I mean honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

How long did we know about Vulpera/Mechagnomes being a thing? Half a year or even more than that? It's been the worst kept secret this expansion, don't even know why Blizzard delayed their announcement for so long.
    When people say "Dragon on the Worgen Skeleton" I believe they are referring to this guy
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Maloriak

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    With mechagnomes being a allied race with hidden armor appearances (arms,legs) the door is now wide open for allied races like the Naga.
    The only wall for Naga at this point is how to mount them. And that's a wall Blizzard can surpass with some, heh heh, tinkering.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    When people say "Dragon on the Worgen Skeleton" I believe they are referring to this guy
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Maloriak

The only wall for Naga at this point is how to mount them. And that's a wall Blizzard can surpass with some, heh heh, tinkering.
    Let them coil their Tail and sit on it, quite like a rope.

Alternatively, let their tail just sway down when they sit on a mount. No biggie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    Let them coil their Tail and sit on it, quite like a rope.

Alternatively, let their tail just sway down when they sit on a mount. No biggie.
    It's more a matter of "how do you do it so there's no excessive clipping." Which is a challenge given most mounts are designed strictly for a bean pole to sit on them, not a wide load like a Naga would be.

And sure it could drape over, but then low to the ground mounts their tail just... clips into the ground.

Dragonmen have the following things going for them:
    Dragons are entering the spotlight.
    Dragonmen were a scrapped idea for a playable race at some point.
    Worgen do not have an allied race that uses their skeleton.
    The Vulpera exists.

I am personally of the opinion that we won't see anymore allied races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    Dragonmen have the following things going for them:
    Dragons are entering the spotlight.
    Dragonmen were a scrapped idea for a playable race at some point.
    Worgen do not have an allied race that uses their skeleton.
    The Vulpera exists.

I think we'll see one more set. But I think that set is going to be like the Kul'tirans and Zandalari. New Rig, tied to leveling up in the next expansion's continent.

Which, if it's Dragon Isles, I bet one of them is Dragonmen.

I think we'll see one more set. But I think that set is going to be like the Kul'tirans and Zandalari. New Rig, tied to leveling up in the next expansion's continent.

Which, if it's Dragon Isles, I bet one of them is Dragonmen.
    I was off the loop for 6 months... Why is this Dragon Isles conversation coming back on top? Was it something a character said or something found in game files that could suggest Dragon Isle?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    I was off the loop for 6 months... Why is this Dragon Isles conversation coming back on top? Was it something a character said or something found in game files that could suggest Dragon Isle?
    I believe it started to kick off when Wrathion came back. Started with people speculating it could be 8.3.

Honestly I think people just latched onto it as "something that isn't Northrend or Shadowlands."

I believe it started to kick off when Wrathion came back. Started with people speculating it could be 8.3.

Honestly I think people just latched onto it as "something that isn't Northrend or Shadowlands."
    Ah I get it.. Thank you.

Well honestly Shadowlands is the more logical one but I doubt we'll get it straight away, i'm going for the out of no where expansion like MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Ah I get it.. Thank you.

Well honestly Shadowlands is the more logical one but I doubt we'll get it straight away, i'm going for the out of no where expansion like MoP.
    Actually its origins now that I think about it might date back to the Essences in 8.2.

I skipped that entire patch so I wouldn't know.

Actually its origins now that I think about it might date back to the Essences in 8.2.

Well Wrathion coming back is actually quite interesting... Especially since he gone MIA during half of legion.. I'm also missing Khadgar somewhat now! Let's wait and see what happens.

I'm really tempted onto buying the Virtual Ticket this year for WoW panels

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    With mechagnomes being a allied race with hidden armor appearances (arms,legs) the door is now wide open for allied races like the Naga.
    Huh, that's a good point. Really does silence the "how do they wear pants?" problem some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    I can't see them ending the allied races without counterparts for the remaining two (not counting Pandaren due to their nature but who knows)

10+ Year Old Account

Dragons did get involved in 8.2 but in their own little storyline that seems to go nowhere aside from the Heart of Azeroth stuff.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I can't see them ending the allied races without counterparts for the remaining two (not counting Pandaren due to their nature but who knows)
    I agree, it's a good system and I think they will continue to use as long as it makes sense. Adding additional races to the game doesn't have a huge impact on balance, while improving the game by adding variety and options. With how they are now designing races as NPCs the last few expansions, it makes adding them as future races quite easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    PTR servers are going down. Any signs of a build?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Huh, that's a good point. Really does silence the "how do they wear pants?" problem some people have.
    The current Naga male/female models already show nearly all armour anyway. This doesn't actually change anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    it could be, but what scepter of bone the serpent wields? figurative speech? to me this one was sylvanas with her bow of bones
    The bone scepter is most likely in the hand of the summoner (Maybe Sylvanas as you pointed out) but the Horror that will come from bellow is most likely the great serpent with no eyes, that, as Odyn story points out, went down to the bottom of the seas and was never seen again

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The current Naga male/female models already show nearly all armour anyway. This doesn't actually change anything.
    Funnily enough Naga technically show more than Mechagnoems, since it only removes teh legs, and not the arms.