Page 38 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Probably not the best example you could've picked.
    it was more of a joke than a serious statement.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    it's not much but fuck China.
    As a moderator, can you tell me since when are we allowed to drop hateful slurs against a whole country?

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    nice false equivalency you got there.
    I take it freedom of speech doesn't matter when it's not fitting your narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domcho View Post
    As a moderator, can you tell me since when are we allowed to drop hateful slurs against a whole country?

I take it freedom of speech doesn't matter when it's not fitting your narrative.
    let's see supporting a genocidal regime that commits human rights atrocities v.s. supporting a country trying to remain free FROM said oppressive regime. i wonder which one constitutes a bigger punishment? or using your example should we be outraged if someone who supports a neo nazi movement gets banned for making pro hate speech comments on live stream?
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2019-10-10 at 08:51 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if blizzard has brains (south park) they will stop being a towel and stop doing business with china.

15+ Year Old Account
    let's see supporting a genocidal regime that commits human rights atrocities v.s. supporting a country trying to remain free FROM said oppressive regime. i wonder which one constitutes a bigger punishment? or using your example should we be outraged if someone who supports a neo nazi movement gets banned for making pro hate speech comments on live stream?
    Well every American should be outraged at oh wait a minute, this smells of hypocrisy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    This is China we're talking about. Bootlegging is 2nd nature.

https://youtu.be/mNkGHFrUlfE
    That video is really misleading about their stock, its a $2 drop and the stock is still higher than a few weeks ago

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah honestly a 2-3$ drop isn't really that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes those russian revolutionaries someone should have told them to stop protesting the czarist (tzarist?) government that never amounted to anything! OH WAIT.... /s

- - - Updated - - -

i don't own any apple products. but please continue with your strawman.
    Bravo bravo....you are one of the absolute minorities that don't own any apple products just like me...or at least you are stating that truly or falsely whatever the case...

Now setting aside your inability to communicate your ideas and just going in for 1-2 line zingers for post count....My point still stands for real

If you CARE about what is happening to HK, and not some attitude against Blizzard specifically as a company that happens to coincide to be related to HK, will you apply the same principal of boycott a company such as Apple that effectively put more of HK people in harms way to appease the Chinese government than what Blizzard did, as a matter of morality and principal or not?

Then again since you don't own -allegedly - an apple product...then no need for your comment to begin with.
    The first, last and only warning to get from me...Mock me once I will Backstab you...Mock me twice I will Mutilate thee....Mock me thrice I will go ******* killing spree on you......Have Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeknightX View Post
    Bravo bravo....you are one of the absolute minorities that don't own any apple products just like me...or at least you are stating that truly or falsely whatever the case...

Now setting aside your inability to communicate your ideas and just going in for 1-2 line zingers for post count....My point still stands for real

If you CARE about what is happening to HK, and not some attitude against Blizzard specifically as a company that happens to coincide to be related to HK, will you apply the same principal of boycott a company such as Apple that effectively put more of HK people in harms way to appease the Chinese government than what Blizzard did, as a matter of morality and principal or not?

Then again since you don't own -allegedly - an apple product...then no need for your comment to begin with.
    How is it hard to believe someone doesn't own an apple product? I own one apple product total and I could have easily bought a different phone.

Said country your defending has this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Nazi_Party

And last I checked, the Communist Party's regime is supported by the people of China, their political opinion on Hong Kong (which, by the way, is also China) matters more than someone living on the other side of the Pacific Ocean / Atlantic, whether people like you like it or not. Blizzard banned the Hearthstone player and the casters because they disregarded this fact. The people raging at Blizzard are also being ignorant about it.

i love how you think your some sort of mind reader and know what all these people knew about prior to this. oh wait you don't.

- - - Updated - - -
    I never said I was. I'm using facts like post historics, how many post in this thread vs how many in the other China thread, my informations feeds or even the people I talk with and debate. And I could use more if all of this wasn't a joke and if people were actually going to boycott Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    I never said I was. I'm using facts like post historics, how many post in this thread vs how many in the other China thread, my informations feeds or even the people I talk with and debate. And I could use more if all of this wasn't a joke and if people were actually going to boycott Blizzard.
    no your just implying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    How is it hard to believe someone doesn't own an apple product? I own one apple product total and I could have easily bought a different phone.
    Not hard, as I said I am myself don't own any...believe it or not.

Then again I am mocking the poster's initial response to me, It seem they are off the hook from my question because they don't own an apple product, and they consider the premise for my question about a real issue that just happened and has more dire consequences is a straw man fallacy to them...../shrug
    Last edited by ShadeknightX; 2019-10-10 at 09:20 PM.
    The first, last and only warning to get from me...Mock me once I will Backstab you...Mock me twice I will Mutilate thee....Mock me thrice I will go ******* killing spree on you......Have Fun.

no your just implying it.
    If someone speaking his opinion about what he sees is mindreading for you, then I am I guess ? I'm simply giving my point of view about those persons. Feel free to say I'm wrong, but at least try to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Domcho View Post
    Said country your defending has this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Nazi_Party

And last I checked, the Communist Party's regime is supported by the people of China their political opinion on Hong Kong (which, by the way, is also China) matters more than someone living on the other side of the Pacific Ocean / Atlantic, whether people like you like it or not. Blizzard banned the Hearthstone player and the casters because they disregarded this fact. The people raging at Blizzard are also being ignorant about it.
    I find it funnly because that "people support" more likely comes from the Comminist party itself... of which the number is 90 million members.

Yeah but that's not the point, rule is neutral, it bans talks about it on both sides, that is the rule. Rule+Law were broken, regardless if you sympathize with the guy or not, it's not about what's better or worse or what constitutes a bigger punishment, no sane person would disagree that China's regime is atrocious and that bunch of people basic human rights and freedoms are being broken but that is all beside the point here. People are going crazy over the fact that Blizzard enforced their own rule, while if they enforced it the other way no one would bat an eye, that is called hypocrisy. He did not get banned for being pro HK, he got banned for breaking a rule that bans political talk, those rules exist for a good reason.

Also people like to ignore the fact that action was carried out by Blizzard Taiwan, which you know, happens to fall under Chinese law, so if they did not ban him for breaking their own rule they would be directly violating Chinese law so the situation is far more complex then people like to pretend it is.

And yes free speech (Which doesn't and never has actually existed) goes both ways - "bad" and "good" but people like to forget and ignore that and normally "allow" only what fits their narrative which is all kinds of hypocritical.
    Last edited by Ellger; 2019-10-10 at 09:30 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellger View Post
    Yeah but that's not the point, rule is neutral, it bans talks about it on both sides, that is the rule. Rule+Law was broken, regardless if you sympathize with the guy or not, it's not about what's better or worse or what constitutes a bigger punishment, no sane person would disagree that China's regime is atrocious and that bunch of people basic human rights and freedoms are being broken but that is all beside the point here. People are going crazy over the fact that Blizzard enforced their own rule, while if they enforced it the other way no one would bat an eye, that is called hypocrisy. He did not get banned for being pro HK, he got banned for breaking a rule that bans political talk, those rules exist for a good reason.

Also people like to ignore the fact that action was carried out by Blizzard Taiwan, which you know, happens to fall under Chinese law, so if they did not ban him for breaking their own rule they would be directly violating Chinese law so the situation is far more complex then people like to pretend it is.

And yes Free speech (Which doesn't and has never actually existed) goes both ways - "bad" and "good" but people like to forget and ignore that and normally "allow" only what fits their narrative which is all kinds of hypocritical.
    Blizzard broke that rule too. How should they be punished?

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Blizzard broke that rule too. How should they be punished?
    They did ? Where ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    I find it funnly because that "people support" more likely comes from the Comminist party itself... of which the number is 90 million members.
    And the rest of the Chinese population lives in prisons and labor camps, right?